Silisko Industries Addon Development - Thread 2

NovaSilisko

Space capsule dresses? :P

Apparently the latest fascion on Kerbin after the many space missions of Jeb Kerbal. A real hype! :wink:

Seriously, it looks like a bellshaped dress/skirt which made me think of that. (And without texture it isn't really recognisable as the design of a spacecapsule)

Question for anyone using this- what is the aeroshell?

I installed the pack but can only find the coupler for the item... the Aeroshell itself seems to have been eaten by the space kraken.

Also, I just lost a probe due to my botching the descent. Why did it list Jeb, Bill and Bob as KIA? O.o

Edited by Navy4422

Tassyr, edit your posts rather than double posting.

1: The Aeroshell is a pod, you'll see it on the select pod dialogue.

2: All pods are assigned crew pending support for unmanned control. However, since these pods don't set internal spaces in their .cfgs, no crew cams are shown in 0.16

Such a shame this has been abandoned... Does anyone know how to add a hatch to the BACE command module so my Kerbals can EVA from it?

You have to be able to edit the model itself in a 3d modeling suite. I'm not sure of the exact step, but I know there is a tutorial on how to do it if you have Blender.

They activate by staging.

In that case I don't have a clue how to activate them then on my particular craft. They just come up as the usual ? icon for right-click objects for me.

EDIT: Is there a way to set the part up so that i can be activated by a key?

Edited by TwiggyShip

it would be nice if the space telescope would be functioning because in 0.16 or some update there would be more planets (which i predict would be distant) and the space telescope would be nice to look at the distant planets while your in kerbin's atmosphere!

In that case I don't have a clue how to activate them then on my particular craft. They just come up as the usual ? icon for right-click objects for me.

EDIT: Is there a way to set the part up so that i can be activated by a key?

Afaik, the best you can do besides staging is right clicking on them. For the staging, they should look like a strut or something close to that. If you hover over the piece in build mode, it'll light up which segment it is on the staging bar.

Afaik, the best you can do besides staging is right clicking on them. For the staging, they should look like a strut or something close to that. If you hover over the piece in build mode, it'll light up which segment it is on the staging bar.

That's what I meant, in the staging bar they come up as right-click objects (with the ? icon), but I can't actually right click them. Is there a way of modifying the filt o enable this? Or have I missed something?

That's what I meant, in the staging bar they come up as right-click objects (with the ? icon), but I can't actually right click them. Is there a way of modifying the filt o enable this? Or have I missed something?

Mostly that icon is just for miscellaneous parts that don't have their own icons, they cant all be right clicked.

Dishy's made some cfg edits, I think the downloads are found in the CFGs And Other Little Stuff Thread

:) my ears were burning.

Here are my edits, they won't replace the old parts and will work with Kreuzung's EE plugin.

BACE panel:

This panel autodeploys when you hit the stage it's in. I'm not sure if you can undeploy it.

http://www./download.php?1ucqeo25kc9wtqv

Probodobodyne panels:

The lateral panel obviously just sits there, but hit G (or whatever your gears key is) to deploy the long panels. They work pretty well.

http://www./download.php?q6cngzatr3hcszf

Enjoy!

Next up will probably be the BACE nuke reactor pod. I'm going to see if I can make it a real reactor. At some point. I'm afraid of taking on a bit too much at once.

it would be nice if the space telescope would be functioning because in 0.16 or some update there would be more planets (which i predict would be distant) and the space telescope would be nice to look at the distant planets while your in kerbin's atmosphere!

If you have mechjeb you can add this to the .cfg

MODULE

{

name = MuMechModuleHullCamera

cameraName = Hull

cameraForward = 0, 1, 0

cameraUp = 0, 1, 0

cameraPosition = 0, 0.37, 0

cameraFoV = 10

}

cameraFoV effects zoom level. Lower value = higher zoom.