[1.3.x] CONTARES 1.8.9 closed

hraban

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of all your antennas + dishes? I have a lot planned for my next update and I'd like to minimize overlap. So if any of yours look too close to mine I can edit mine to look different.

Hi CobaltWolf,

in addition one realized and three modelled antennas. More to come.

D'oh! Is that the Mariner 10 antenna, 2nd to last in the album? It seems like you're stealing all the cool antenna designs while I've been slacking off with my dev work. :P

Also, it looks like our Ranger antennas are substantially different, so I'm not too worried about it. :)

10 hours ago, drskitts said:

Are you ever going to fix the config files. IE:  TechRequired = fuelSystem is not valid and part does not show up in carreer.

Thanks for the note. The trifle is adjusted with the next release.

hraban, your CA-1 capsule model is upside-down in SP hanger and backward in VAB so the controls are Inverted, also the CA-1 S2 Engine node cannot connect to decouplers properly {They get stuck in the engine model]

4 minutes ago, Noah_Blade said:

hraban, your CA-1 capsule model is upside-down in SP hanger and backward in VAB so the controls are Inverted, also the CA-1 S2 Engine node cannot connect to decouplers properly {They get stuck in the engine model]

The CA-1 Capsule is not build to use as Aircraft-Cockpit so the direction in SP hangar is absolutly correct but i will rework the capsule in future with KSP-Stock direction. The CA-1 S2 Engine is only a prototype and you can connect the decoupler with activated "non strict part attachment" function in ALT-F12 MM-Menu.

Ca-1 and Haas project are still shelved. No updates for the parts in next release planed.

51 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Were the antennas for mariner REALLY that long?

No, the boom of Mariner and Ranger were significantly shorter. A shorter version would be conceivable, however, there is the antenna still as hard-mounted variant.

Edited by hraban

17 minutes ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

Wait I thought you said two of those were experiments not antenna... That said they look great!

You are right, K-Sensor and Radar Altimeter was Instruments or Experiments. The Frame Dish comes in two versions, foldable and fixed mount. The ComDish from KhiNa was for KhiLab and KhiRe (Shenzhou). The Rectangle Dish is a HG ComDish for Mid-Ranges.

SAR-LUPE Dish was another Experiment for Radar-Recon (on texturing). More Antenna-Dishes to come.

MABA 20m is a very small and compact long wave antenna based on a stainless steel measuring tape. The antenna is extended and retracted by a small brushless electric motor. As indicated in the name the antenna has a maximum length of 20 meters.

4cEm3ir.png

That's no joke

Example:

image_gallery?img_id=193133&t=1339148155

IMG_2797.jpg

Edited by hraban

8 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

You know, Hraban, my only gripe with this mod is tech tree issues. 

It'd be absolutely wonderful if you'd have everything set in the tech tree nicely so that I could use this mod on Science mode! To be honest I don't use it very much because of this.

As explained many times before, I play only in sandbox mode. So it should be clear that it is difficult for me the parts correctly allocated to the technology tree.
After my first experience with the technology tree this is rather to establish a wild collection of parts in the rarest cases successively.

Anyone who thinks that behind the technology tree to discover a deeper meaning, which may publish proposals relating to the classification and the costs. (The window for private messages is wide open for this case.)

Edited by hraban

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.