[WIP][Part/Plugin] The RAT Pack - Ram Air Turbines, Terrain Warning, Thrust Reversers

satnet

A question - did you implement those curves as described, or come up with your own? I seem to be getting different optimal speeds to what I was suggesting. Not the end of the world, I'm just curious.

Then again, if I could figure out where the power curve graphs are, this might be a really easy question to answer myself ;)

I tried to use the numbers in your advanced graph, which I may have misread a bit. I made a few changes, but it should mostly conform. If you want to see the graph you should be able to right click on the part and click on "Power Curve Graph" to open up a dialog that graphs to curve. Version 0.12 includes a marker of what the effective speed is while in fight.

Also lower pressure, sub-optimal orientation, and occlusion are treated as a decrease in the effective speed so they will change the optimal speed you observe.

[quote name='MaverickSawyer']Can I set up another audio alert for the terrain radar?[/QUOTE]

Are you wanting a different sound effect or something else to trigger it? I have always intended to make the sound effect configurable, but at the moment it is hard coded. If you mean a different trigger I don't have any plans for adding any, but if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them.

[quote name='satnet']Are you wanting a different sound effect or something else to trigger it? I have always intended to make the sound effect configurable, but at the moment it is hard coded. If you mean a different trigger I don't have any plans for adding any, but if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them.[/QUOTE]

Different audio for the alert. Something along the lines of B****ing Betty. ;)

Version 0.21 is up.

-Terrain Radar - See how terrible your landing spot is before you touch down.

-Launch Escape System Trigger - Detects a rocket failure and triggers the abort action group.

-TAWS alert sound is now configurable. The TAWS.cfg file has a "terrainAudio" field. Within that there is a clip field and a next field (optional). The clip can be any *.ogg or *.wav in a GameData sub-directory. The terrainAudio field is an AudioSequence, you can fill out the next field and stitch together different audio clips which will be played sequence on a loop while there is warning triggered.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
12 hours ago, satnet said:

I'm releasing this to linuxgurugamer if he is still interested (if not he is now free to release it to someone else). Sorry for the long delay. I took a break from KSP and only recently came back.

I'm still here, and will release an updated version for 1.4 within a week