Depreciated SVE -Do Not Enter-

Nhawks17

9 hours ago, Shadriss said:

@Temeter@ssd21345 : As has been discussed, that's a bug from EVE, not SVE. We're still awaiting an update to EVE that will address the issue. As to the first thing you mentioned, I've never seen the mod turn itself off before, so can offer no advice. I run a fair number of mods, and have no problems running it aside from the "Amazing Vanishing Clouds" (Want a sunny day for your picnic? Just have a Kerbal Spacecraft in local orbit, and watch the rain clouds run!).

What I was talking about was not exactly the mod disabling itself, but Nhakws' point that EVE can disable cloud textures when it hits the RAM limit. Which seemingly happened to me at 2GB ram usage? Weird stuff.

About the free sky, thx, seems like I misunderstood one of the earlier posts. Thought it was SVE and got fixed a version ago!

35 minutes ago, MinerManC3X said:

@ssd21345 @Nhawks17 @Shadriss I reinstalled the game and now it works! Thank for the help! :)

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

What I was talking about was not exactly the mod disabling itself, but Nhakws' point that EVE can disable cloud textures when it hits the RAM limit. Which seemingly happened to me at 2GB ram usage? Weird stuff.

About the free sky, thx, seems like I misunderstood one of the earlier posts. Thought it was SVE and got fixed a version ago!

It seems SVE LR eat a lot of RAM which make the game slightly hit over 3GB  so it disabled(down to a little more than 2.5GBs if remove SVE and use stock EVE) itself. Rip. Going to wait for 1.1.  

By the ways,Thanks for pointing out the RAM limit,that kinda silly situation that it only hit a little more than 3GBs and cannot use the mod

Edited by ssd21345

11 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

<3 Thanks for helping out :0.0:

I'm not sure how I started doing this, but happy to assist. Honestly, I think it's more because I'd rather you be working on the mod than answering things that have been answered before. Back in the day, when I was an active modder for Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy, I spent a lot of time doing that in my WIP threads instead of actually, you know, modding. So, here to support(tm). :)

3 hours ago, Temeter said:

Glad I could clear that up for you. I consider this to be a small issue, honestly... annoying at times, but it's not preventing me from doing anything, so not a huge problem. Hopefully, the EVE guy (rbray?) is working on this (among his many mods...) and will have the fix out in short order... or at least shortly after 1.1 hits. That's gonna be epic on it's own anyhow, since we won't have to worry about that RAM limit afterwards, assuming you run a 64 bit system (and these days, everyone should be.)

2 hours ago, MinerManC3X said:

@ssd21345 @Nhawks17 @Shadriss I reinstalled the game and now it works! Thank for the help! :)

Here to support(tm)! Enjoy the pretties!

5 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Glad I could clear that up for you. I consider this to be a small issue, honestly... annoying at times, but it's not preventing me from doing anything, so not a huge problem. Hopefully, the EVE guy (rbray?) is working on this (among his many mods...) and will have the fix out in short order... or at least shortly after 1.1 hits. That's gonna be epic on it's own anyhow, since we won't have to worry about that RAM limit afterwards, assuming you run a 64 bit system (and these days, everyone should be.)

Ye, it's not that big of an issue. Ofc got some problems getting SVE running, and it's sad not to get that beautiful atmo', but 1.1 will be a game-changer anyway. And that's gonna be loveing awesome! No RAM limit, gonna like a completely different world! <3

And then Real Solar System / Realism Overhual in 64 bit... It's gonna take a while, but I'll be waiting. :D

Anybody else have the problem when you revert back to the spaceplane hanger and get stuck clipped into the ground? Exiting back to the space center and then re-entering fixes it but it still happens every time.

19 minutes ago, Amilianus said:

Anybody else have the problem when you revert back to the spaceplane hanger and get stuck clipped into the ground? Exiting back to the space center and then re-entering fixes it but it still happens every time.

I have. It's really annoying

2 hours ago, Amilianus said:

2 hours ago, MinerManC3X said:

I have. It's really annoying

This is a bug with EVE or Scatterer, I don't remember which exactly. You can fix it also by doing a clear input stack lock in the KSP debug menu anytime it happens.

2 hours ago, Amilianus said:

Not specific to this mod - this is also memory related, as I recall, though I cannot recall the specifics, nor where I read this initially.

EDIT: Semi-Ninja'd. Darn you Nhawks... MOD OR SOMETHING! :)

Edited by Shadriss

On 10/22/2015 at 6:55 PM, Nhawks17 said:

I'm just taking that texture and making it purple :D

Edit:

This is what the texture looks like. I might tweak it some more though.

RzuaNsG.png

The texture is a little purple for my liknig. Maybe u can offer a little lighter texture with less purple? Also, the albedo fx dont match up.

18 minutes ago, IonIX said:

The texture is a little purple for my liknig. Maybe u can offer a little lighter texture with less purple? Also, the albedo fx dont match up.

The texture has changed drastically from this version, that's from October of last year :P This is what it looks like nowadays and I'll be keeping the texture this way unless I all of the sudden start to not like it :D 

Spoiler

gPjTtb9.jpg

Any news from rbray(?) on the EVE fixes? Or is it more likely he's waiting until after 1.1 at this point? I certainly could understand it if he was - just curious, as it means I wouldn't be checking in here every day until then otherwise. :)

2 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Any news from rbray(?) on the EVE fixes? Or is it more likely he's waiting until after 1.1 at this point? I certainly could understand it if he was - just curious, as it means I wouldn't be checking in here every day until then otherwise. :)

I'm going to guess he's waiting until after 1.1 His last commit to github was an "Experimentals Update" and then there was a quick revert of it. So I'm guessing he was working on it on the Experimental version of 1.1 and accidentally committed it to Github suggesting he's just working on 1.1 now. But that's all speculation :wink:

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

Also, this happened: 

riQsF7l.jpg

The red line illustrates the fact that there's a line at which it starts happening. Idk, I just wanted to use some bright red shapes :P 

Yeah... I don't know what's up with those stupid lights. I don't see it happening with KSPRC or default EVE so it's something I've done I just can't for the life of me find out what.

Edit:

I do plan on redoing the city texture because I don't really like how I did it, too blotchy and unrealistic in my own opinion :P

Edited by Nhawks17

29 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I do plan on redoing the city texture because I don't really like how I did it, too blotchy and unrealistic in my own opinion :P

Personally, I think it looks really quite good from orbit (when the clouds and scattering are above it, of course ;)), but you're the creator :P