[PART, 1.0.2] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - MechJeb - Autopilot - Historical thread

r4m0n

I dont seem to be near the mun but i pressed land some where anyway :) do i press engage auto pliot to make it land or is it automatic, for some reason the mun keeps detargeting and it wont auto land..

Ive done it i made it to the mun!:)

Edited by jimos

Once you have selected the landed target vessel, its coordinates are entered automatically in the coordinates boxes. Just edit those by a few degree minutes ( or even seconds) to plop your lander right next to it, without the need of panically steering yourself or hitting "Land somewhere" during descent, which can cause you to end up really far from your target.

Found this tip in another thread: Use Flags. Put a flag at the point where all your vehicle should land and target that. If it gets destroyed while landing, plant just a new one :)

I think it's an issue with installing 2.1 with a tech tree that has already been partially researched. It'll work fine on a new save but, apparently does not detect which tech nodes have already been researched.

Now I've noticed, after installing a mod that already has it's tech node researched but would be greyed out in the VAB with the message that the part hasn't been researched yet. Going into the R&D and find the node it's in and it won't be selected (i.e. purchased). Just click on it and it will ask if you wish to research it. Doing this doesn't cost anything (yet).

It appears that the intention is that the tech node costs SCIENCE! to gain access to the parts, but each part will cost 'c' to purchase to make them available to the VAB.

But I digress. You could try to check out the tech nodes you've already researched and see if you can unlock the bits of MJ that need unlocking. (i would but i'm at work)

Go to GameData\MechJeb2\Parts\MechJeb2_Pod\part.cfg and remove those lines near the end :

//MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = bottom
}

I just pushed a dev version with this fix if you want the full zip.

Do you use my MMSarbianExt...

I hadn't seen that before! Just downloaded and written a cfg to add a MechJeb module to all command pods, unlocking modules with the tech tree in the same way as the MechJeb parts do.

Can you please just check I've done it right..? Settings are copied and pasted from MechJeb pod btw

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]
{
!MODULE[MechJebCore]

MODULE
{
name = MechJebCore
MechJebLocalSettings
{
MechJebModuleCustomWindowEditor { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleSmartASS { unlockTechs = flightControl }
MechJebModuleManeuverPlanner { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleNodeEditor { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleTranslatron { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleWarpHelper { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleAttitudeAdjustment { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleThrustWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRCSBalancerWindow { unlockTechs = advFlightControl }
MechJebModuleRoverWindow { unlockTechs = fieldScience }
MechJebModuleAscentGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleLandingGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleSpaceplaneGuidance { unlockTechs = unmannedTech }
MechJebModuleDockingGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousAutopilotWindow { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
MechJebModuleRendezvousGuidance { unlockTechs = advUnmanned }
}
}
}

Here after installing 2.1 KSP loads very very very slowly. Somebody knows why?

i know the reason. due to way he wrote teh cfg for the mj pod if u use anything that adds stuff with the mm using the code to add to command part the mj pod causes a exception and forces mm to restart

he might need to redo th4e .cfg for the mj pod to fix that issue

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! hehehe how long after the hohman transfer burn is finished do i use fine tune approach ?

See the circle at the end of the blue orbit path? That's the point where you enter Mun Sphere Of Influence. Fine tune closest approach should be used some time before you get to that point. That will keep you from slamming into the Mun, but you'll still have to circularize after you enter Mun SOI or you'll fly past.

If the Hohmann transfer puts you on a collision course with the Mun, that's a great time to dump any pieces of the ship that you won't need later, such as extra engines and fuel tanks emptied after the burn. Pop them loose before doing other maneuvers and they'll continue on to self-disposal by Mun impact.

If you don't intend on an inclined and/or retrograde Mun orbit it's best to circularize somewhat higher than your final orbit. Seems to be easier to adjust the inclination at higher altitudes.

Hi guys,

Since installing the latest version of MechJeb, I've got the new MJ Pod, but I was unable to select the AR202 case in the VAB as it claimed I hadn't purchased it in the R&D Facility yet...? I thought this was a glitch, so I checked the Research center and found that it said I DIDN'T have the Pod unlocked but DID have the AR202 unlocked....so I used some science to unlock the MJ Pod.

...that still didn't solve the problem, so I edited my persistence file again to re-lock the MJ Tech Tree, and then used more science to re-unlock it....but after I re-unlocked it, I only had the MJ Pod, and no mention of the AR202....any ideas why the AR202 isn't working anymore and how to get it back...? Thanks!

I cant fly rockets for **** I build them ok and launch them ok without mechjeb I am screwed is it possible to get another version which doesnt require me to unlock all the modules because it sucks in career mode having to unlock the full functionality

@Ringkeeper function unlock as you research node in the tree. For exemple Advanced Flight Control will unlock the Maneuver Planner (and others)

@Galane

For the roll on start I did not find a way to reproduce each time, so it's not easy to debug. Most likely some var is not reset between flight.

"Smart A.S.S. and Docking Autopilot have their degrees for force roll 180 degrees out of phase" : Good catch. It seems I align with Vector3d.back for docking and Vector3d.forward for target. I'll look into it.

Thank for the zip, it's the kind of thing that really help to fix bugs.

Can you check if the "Use Stock SAS" in the Attitude Adjustment window is active or not ?

Nope, not checked, and in the instance of KSP just launched, the meters aren't pegging to the right with the same rocket, which I left on the pad when I quit last night.

Edit: Missed this part in the mod list file in the zip. Kommit Stockalike Struts and Truss Bits http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/stockalikestruts/ Large Rover uses this. The square, six node girder block needs a bit of debugging. Try rotating it before attempting to stick it to things.

Edited by Galane

Go to GameData\MechJeb2\Parts\MechJeb2_Pod\part.cfg and remove those lines near the end :

//MODULE
{
name = ModuleDecouple
ejectionForce = 250
explosiveNodeID = bottom
}

I just pushed a dev version with this fix if you want the full zip.

hmmm, my fps problem happen on MJ part, instead of the pod.