Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

Neat! I may do something like that as well.

Jeb on top of the Mun Arch! He fell off the arch after this pic :P .

Apologies if everyone else is aware, but I jet packed a Kerbal through the arch the other day - and he just disappeared in a puff of smoke! Mission log says he's dead ... or transported somewhere else?

Wow, nice try thought! Certainly looks like it has potential. I wonder if anybody's done the math for what kind of rocket it would take to even get into Eve orbit =P (Edit: I'm sure they have, but even from what I've seen in terms of "Eve Landers", I'm surprised none of them are capable of doing it) =/

Edited by Ekku Zakku

Hello again guys (and girls, if ther's any)!

I decided, that i'm going to upload an eye catching picture to this thread every day (or at least i try).

I hope, it wont go at the expense of quality, i will try my best.

3O8xj.jpg

Hello again guys (and girls, if ther's any)!

I decided, that i'm going to upload an eye catching picture to this thread every day (or at least i try).

I hope, it wont go at the expense of quality, i will try my best.

Kerbin above horisont: -snip-

Wow. Nice, very nice indeed! Please keep it up! :)

Meanwhile, upon approaching Eve: (now that I think about it, Kerbol being directly in the camera's FOV should be much brighter, but oh well...)

lN5bf.jpg

Edited by Enture

Laqym.jpg

The lander on top is meant for eve, It's a fine fine machine, and the only part of this whole ship that works right.

There's a few too many nuclear engines (24) in the interplanetary stage. but I'm impatient and they don't have much thrust.

This managed to clear the platform one time, but when it tilts, the joints between the large grey tanks break. After reinforcing them with struts, the next thing in line will break. It can't accelerate at more than about 1.1 Gs but it's hard to get a fine control over the throttle at 2 FPS.

The lander on top is meant for eve, It's a fine fine machine, and the only part of this whole ship that works right.

There's a few too many nuclear engines (24) in the interplanetary stage. but I'm impatient and they don't have much thrust.

This managed to clear the platform one time, but when it tilts, the joints between the large grey tanks break. After reinforcing them with struts, the next thing in line will break. It can't accelerate at more than about 1.1 Gs but it's hard to get a fine control over the throttle at 2 FPS.

Laqym.jpg

Rofl. The problem is the amount of nuke engines you have. They weight so much you are gimping yourself, Cut em down to size, yar! Also, remember you can alt+ </> to give physics time warp to speed up your orbit transfer times.

My first manned trip to Duna started with an unmanned mapping probe charting both the planet and it's moon:

Duna Mapper 2

Dropping the interplanetary booster stage

Parachute-assisted landing

First photos on Duna's surface, but what's that in the background? (And who is holding the camera?...)

Liftoff, and final goodbye

postcard.png

Is the fuel bug still present? I'm a bit surprised I actually made it back, and even did a powered landing on Kerbin (with MechJeb help) since the parachutes were expended on Duna.

I did take more than one try though....

The mods used were MechJeb, ISA MapSat, and the Protractor on the mapper. I didn't take any screens of the ascent stages, since it's in flux and explodes 5/6 times on the way up. :cool:

A Cicada MSAT-II LRM satellite during a failed aerobraking maneuver over Laythe. Came in direct from interplanetary intercept, 6000-7000m/ps. Set Laythe periapsis at 18,500m. Satellite violently decelerated and lost control - was unable to regain orbit and crashed into Laythian ocean.

laythe.jpg

Does anyone know a good aerobraking altitude for Laythe?