Show off your awesome KSP Pictures

Capt'n Skunky

My first Mün landing, after 6 failed attempts (you know, like: "oh, I did I just jettison my lander stage at 1.5km from the surface?...")! Here are Jeb, Bill and Bob and their *slightly* fallen over 2-stage lander:

scorr.png

Hearing about the situation, KSC flight controllers & scientists didn't lose their self-control, and announced the successful landing of the Tsiolkovsky Permanent Munar Research Base at the press conference. Kerbal style. Meanwhile, Jeb wondered: "what if I get under it and use my EVA-pack?...":

SC6A9.png

Finally, an oddly familiar picture: Jeb on the Mün, with Kerbin high up in the sky:

hNr8C.png

So yeah. Now to design a rescue mission (and learn how to kill my horizontal speed more efficiently).

My first mun-landing!

5GNO4.jpg

failed when the engine fell off...

My second mun-landing: mission: rescue the first!

fXFSg.png

sB2Vd.png

All together again [not pictured; the mangled lumps of charred metal that is the rescue pod after my "Unconventional" landing]

So I gave up and left them to play kerbowling and got on with my life.

Inspired by Curiosity's pyrotechnic display I decided to try a rocket-pack lander:

5mEfr.png

5eApU.png

gxd0M.png

It works well, though I landed with a sliver of fuel and had to do a bit of hard landing.

For those curious; it needs less power and more fuel. I've added three radially mounted half tanks with small engines.

[the rover was only payload and is terrible; you would have to put in effort to make it worse]

Expect bigger constructions with giant hoops to fly through, canons and catapults, and kerbals being launched from several kilometers distance and performing dangerous precision landings.

If you are building a Kerbal theme park, maybe you'd like to improve on this Ferris wheel idea I had;

attachment.php?attachmentid=31644&stc=1&d=1345598729

There is an empty-crewable-pod on the end of each arm (and steps for access) the engines are just for show, its turned by 2 rotators. It just was not very stable and failed to thrill or fling kerbals across the land.

Excuse me while I go die of laughter.

Your welcome. Incase you were wondering how it happened, I had a theory that two different crafts went through eachother when on time warp. I expected to die when turning off the time warp when I was inside the ship, but... Well, yeah. Oh, and if you look closely, you can see he is causing a small gap inbetween 2 fuel tanks.

Habw4.jpg

I see a 1-man capsule to the right of that image. And a decoupler on the actual creation.

Explain?

Edited by SNapple

iWork925 that spacestaion is Awesome..

Those realy huge space stations... How do you get them into orbit without crashing the computer .. I have tried to launch similar size stations but it lags like hell and my fps is 1!!!

I have a almost new Pc with a Radeon HD7970 and a i7 2600K @3.4 Ghz , 8 G ram. either this game engine is not that optimized or is the low fps due to the many plugins and mods maybe. hate it!

Yes, now you win.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31739&d=1345663092

XJSP-I, looks awesome, doesn't fly good.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31735&d=1345662995

They said it would work!

attachment.php?attachmentid=31738&d=1345663070

MicroJet

attachment.php?attachmentid=31736&d=1345663033

Any landing that you walk away from's a good landing!!

attachment.php?attachmentid=31737&d=1345663044

KSO so close to orbit!

Edited by Bioman222

I hit my ship a little bit too hard and couldn't restart my pack to get back. Completely forgot that he was up there until I saw him in the tracking centre, a rescue mission is currently underway.

Oooh-1.jpg

The white speck in the background is the ship slowly getting smaller and smaller.