Post EVERYTHING you know about the Mun Arch.

VincentMcConnell

Were you going the same speed on both passes?

Seriously, I have no idea what speed I was going. Today I sent two more mechjeb automated BigTrak carts thru the arch.... one at midnight, and one at noon..... both blew up.

It was me that posted the screenshot. All I can tell you is that it does exist, but I can\'t really prove it. The only thing is that others had found it; it should be in the 0.15 easter egg thread.

As for this cavern, the search is on.

I have no reason to doubt your word, so if you say it\'s there it must be there. Is it true that it\'s completely inert, i.e. emits no muons?

A.F.A.I.K. there is NO monolith in orbit around Minmus. I know someone has posted a screenprint of it in a thread, but that to my opinion is a joke/hoax. I have mapped Minmus extensively but never found a trace of it, neither with a muon detector nor with the isa-mapper. Furthermore, there is a mod (i can\'t remember which one) with a monolith part.

I posted that pic in that thread, it is/was there in 0.15, not tried looking for it in 0.16

And it is findable with the munolith detectors

A.F.A.I.K. there is NO monolith in orbit around Minmus. I know someone has posted a screenprint of it in a thread, but that to my opinion is a joke/hoax. I have mapped Minmus extensively but never found a trace of it, neither with a muon detector nor with the isa-mapper. Furthermore, there is a mod (i can\'t remember which one) with a monolith part.

Or you just don\'t know where to look?

Seriously, I have no idea what speed I was going. Today I sent two more mechjeb automated BigTrak carts thru the arch.... one at midnight, and one at noon..... both blew up.

I\'m wondering if it behaves differently depending on how fast you go. If you try this again please keep track of your speeds and try a few different ones.

I had Jeb EVA through the mun arch and he failed to make it through the other side. RIP JEB. :( Happily, he respawned back at KSC not long later. :)

The EVA was quite slow, drifting in fact, and he still exploded. I suspect there is a unity thing that doesn\'t like objects being below the ground, in this case, below the arch.

I suspect there is a unity thing that doesn\'t like objects being below the ground, in this case, below the arch.

Disagree.

1) The arch is an object, not a part of the terrain.

2) You can be below the ground in KSP. If you have a lot of lag and your rocket explodes, you sometimes fall through it and float in the water below the pad.

I think there\'s something else broken.

I made a video of the Mun Arch, where I land on it bedore I saw this topic =P

I never saw that before so :/

When I was doing a next mission, searching for Munoliths with a device, (I actually found one :D) it seems like to detect the arch as a artifact as well, so it isn\'t just a normal object :/

Passing under the arch in version 0.16 seems to be fatal.... Bill went EVA and never came back.

A well armed Big Track Lander also failed survive the ordeal.

Same problem here!

Tried to EVA Bob through it last night and he go BOOM-BOOM!!!!

I also had Bill and Jeb still alive and well but the game automatically ended with no other option?

Edited by ramses

Same problem here!

Tried to EVA Bob through it last night and he go BOOM-BOOM!!!!

I also had Bill and Jeb still alive and well but the game automatically ended with no other option?

Go to the tracking center and the ship should still be listed. If you take control of it from there you can send more Kerbals on EVA missions from it, but Bob will still be gone.

Success .... I have repeated my previous success by passing under the Munnar Arch, moving from south to north using a BigTrak piloted by a MechJeb capsule. .... The speed was below 1m/sec. And I have no photos. Previously, I lost 3 flying MechJeb probes as they attempted to fly thru the Arch at approx 50m/sec. All exploded as they crossed the threshold.

I have no idea why any of this might be significant.

I've managed several successful traversals of the Munnar Arch

Videos are linked here:

<a href="

" target="_blank">2.) Successful Traverse Until Speed over 5mps</a>

<a href="

" target="_blank">3.) Again Success if below 2mps</a>

<a href="

" target="_blank">4.) Jedrie Goes Under then Over</a>

<a href="

" target="_blank">5.) Heavily Armed BigTrak - Thru & Back</a>

Now What?

Go to the tracking center and the ship should still be listed. If you take control of it from there you can send more Kerbals on EVA missions from it, but Bob will still be gone.

Yeah I realized that when I flew another one to his death under the second arch.

Can't believe I didn't think of it the first time!

Cheers anyway bud:)

Well.... bill found the Arch on the N/E Face...

All the while wishing Jeb had let the Techs at the Space Center add just one more landing leg for stability on a slope landing...

Time to Hitch Hike Home!

1_13_08_12_1_14_58.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.