Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

I don't know but is it good to send the most un-loved spacecraft (Buran-class Shuttles) to dres and have them both feel loved? Also, there are 12 of them from OK-2M to OK-7M. and what about an Antonov 225 Myria (Now how am I going to get this russian beast into space?).

11 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:

I don't know but is it good to send the most un-loved spacecraft (Buran-class Shuttles) to dres and have them both feel loved? Also, there are 12 of them from OK-2M to OK-7M. and what about an Antonov 225 Myria (Now how am I going to get this russian beast into space?).

A Russian Dres love Armada? Awesome!

I can see it now.... "From Russia, with love" :)

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

On January 7, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Gojira1000 said:

I thought Dres needed a bit of ... well, this.

Oho that has non-stock parts in it - I must DQ myself. Well, it's still fun :)

Welcome to the Dres awareness supporter list! Is that, a, orbital Colony with a 24/7 Dres party? DAMN AWESOME! Or should I say, DRES Awesome? Ami rite? Huh? Huh?!

1 hour ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

A Russian Dres love Armada? Awesome!

I can see it now.... "From Russia, with love" :)

Right, time for me to get work!

Proposed mission:

1.Grab the Russian shuttles and send them into Low KEO.

2. Send a ferry into space that the Burans will dock with.

3. Force Antonov airlines to build two versions of the two cargo planes(AN124 & AN225) with cargo and passenger.

(Optional): Strap a hitchhiker Module into to cargo bays so the Kerbals that hate Dres will get stuck.

4. Land dat booty on Dres

5. Get the lost cosmonauts from Duna and send them over there.

It's all part of the regime, really!

On 1/8/2016 at 11:39 PM, Scientia1423 said:

Right, time for me to get work!

Proposed mission:

1.Grab the Russian shuttles and send them into Low KEO.

2. Send a ferry into space that the Burans will dock with.

3. Force Antonov airlines to build two versions of the two cargo planes(AN124 & AN225) with cargo and passenger.

(Optional): Strap a hitchhiker Module into to cargo bays so the Kerbals that hate Dres will get stuck.

4. Land dat booty on Dres

5. Get the lost cosmonauts from Duna and send them over there.

It's all part of the regime, really!

Just remember: Pictures or it didn't happen

You know now that I can finally do interplanetary travel... Dres seems literally perfect for a fuel depot. I mean its good for IRSU because of its gravity and lack of atmosphere so IRSU landers can easily land then reorbit and dock. But spacecraft can easily get a kick off of its gravity. It's not as good as Ike but still has potential...

Well the Drescapades are going well.  I've got a lot of craft at Dres allready.  Enough that the planet is literally surrounded now.

dressatellite8_zpsoyitah1d.jpgdressatellite7_zpslkzdpis2.jpg

Still need to assemble the Dres surface base and bring at least 3 more ships over from kerbin.  But so far so busy.  I believe I have 17 Kerbins around Dres already, between the various craft.  Not sure how many more hitched a ride over unseen by me.  There is also 8 satellites in orbit and 1 survey probe along with the Drescapade Station, 1 Lamp Post and an Octopus.  One other Lamp Post is still on the surface, fully refueled, waiting to fly up and refuel the Octopus and the two parts of the Dres surface base I have in orbit.  So lots going on still at Dres.

Edited by Jakalth

On 1/10/2016 at 3:50 AM, The Space Core said:

You know now that I can finally do interplanetary travel... Dres seems literally perfect for a fuel depot. I mean its good for IRSU because of its gravity and lack of atmosphere so IRSU landers can easily land then reorbit and dock. But spacecraft can easily get a kick off of its gravity. It's not as good as Ike but still has potential...

The best ISRU opportunities in the Dres SOI are not on the surface. You wouldn't know the amount of fuel you can get from the asteroid belt. (And the speed at which it is removed, compared to surface mining...)

48 minutes ago, Snarfster said:

The best ISRU opportunities in the Dres SOI are not on the surface. You wouldn't know the amount of fuel you can get from the asteroid belt. (And the speed at which it is removed, compared to surface mining...)

That sounds good but I heard that asteroid mining for fuel depots it's worth very little.

2 hours ago, The Space Core said:

That sounds good but I heard that asteroid mining for fuel depots it's worth very little.

Just make sure you're not burning the fuel while drilling and converting it. The game notices a tiny fuel expenditure and drills a (figurative) ton of rock and converts it into another (figurative) ton of fuel to replace it, tossing the extra away. So come with big tanks and fill them first.

Also, once you're in orbit around Dres you have an infinite supply of asteroids that you can reach with a few dozen m/s of dV, without having to carry the fuel out of a huge gravity well.

Dang it. Now I want to set up a Dres refueling operation.

Well.  The Drescapades is over.  A major Kraken incident ended it early for me.  I'll have to settle with just the satellite network, Drescapade station, and the 3 Orbiting tugs as my final show for Dres love.

It is all gone at this point.  My craft were destroyed by the Kraken, my save is lost(where it was in the previous post), and I would have to pretty much start over from scratch just to get back to the point I was at...  So yeah.  That's all I got.

59 minutes ago, Jakalth said:

Well.  The Drescapades is over.  A major Kraken incident ended it early for me.  I'll have to settle with just the satellite network, Drescapade station, and the 3 Orbiting tugs as my final show for Dres love.

It is all gone at this point.  My craft were destroyed by the Kraken, my save is lost(where it was in the previous post), and I would have to pretty much start over from scratch just to get back to the point I was at...  So yeah.  That's all I got.

You've qulified with a valiant effort, I believe Dres approves. However, I may make a special reprieve in your case, due to all of that effort being lost. PM me if your interested.

Welcome, Jakalth, to the Dres Supporter list!

Since I've planted a flag there, Dres has suddenly become a major tourist destination.

So... a space station is now waiting transit to Dres, followed by a crew and supplies. As soon as that is all in place, tours of the area will commence. Count me as a supporter :) 

Hello, I am the owner of Aeromax Industries Reborn. I would like to officially sponsor this challenge! Even though me *Ahem* We at Aeromax Industries barely knew what Dres was, You encouraged us to research a bit more into it! So, We here at aeromax industries have officially decided to sponsor the challenge as previously stated! We will post special links to this challenge from our thread! We will also spread the word about this challenge where ever we may go. Although we are a young company, we will try our best to send some of our best probes to Dres to show it love! (And find Ores and a good place to make a Dres Refueling base) Best of luck to you all! We all support this and show our love for the Awesome Space potato! (Potatoes are the best)

:D:)  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.