Structural fuselages are now hollow!

Robotengineer

I dunno how useful that would be. Even most .625m payloads wouldn't fit in it, unless it was noodle thin.

Except for all science equipment in the game, except the materials bay, batteries, solar panels/fuel cells/rtg, should I go on? Mk1 isn't meant for lifting payloads, but cargo bays aren't limited to 'just for payloads' either and the service bays won't work because of the doors on the opposite side.

Edited by Alshain

I used to have a mod that added a little cargo bay for 1.5m craft. Worked wonderfully for small space planes and whatnot for places to hide away science packages, batteries, drone cores.. basically anything and everything you'd normally be forced to strap outside the plane.

I used to have a mod that added a little cargo bay for 1.5m craft. Worked wonderfully for small space planes and whatnot for places to hide away science packages, batteries, drone cores.. basically anything and everything you'd normally be forced to strap outside the plane.

I had it too, but it didn't get updated for 1.0 aero. Ven's has one, but we really need one in stock already.

Except for all science equipment in the game, except the materials bay, batteries, solar panels/fuel cells/rtg, should I go on? Mk1 isn't meant for lifting payloads, but cargo bays aren't limited to 'just for payloads' either and the service bays won't work because of the doors on the opposite side.

I stand thoroughly corrected! I guess I've spent too much time trying to maximize payload fractions. It's kind of hard to drop the preconception that cargo are only for payloads :P

Ooh, also, I bet these could be super helpful for building internal skeletons. Have them running along the inside of a large craft, with structural beams running inside them, strutted up for added strength. I think we've witnessed the birth of super-space-tape...

Sadly they dont shield stuff inside em. I tried making a missile battery bu placing a railgun inside it (with a decoupler and nose cone atop that jettisions when attacking something). Anything inside there doesnt get shielded at all!

Indeed. Really hoping for a mk1 cargo bay at some point

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.