Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 18--He's a docking wizard! (there had to be a twist?)

Mister Dilsby

3 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Hmmmm.... awful big rocket... looking forward to seeing what's hidden under the fairing... :D

Well, not that big. Maybe they are going to impact the intrepid with nuclear engines!!! Run away ram them with the nightmare III battlecruiser!!! Run Charge!!!

26 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Charge!!!

Dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun da da dahhhhh, CHARGE!

28 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Well, not that big. Maybe they are going to impact the intrepid with nuclear engines!!! Run away ram them with the nightmare III battlecruiser!!! Run Charge!!!

No, not huge, but I'm thinking it's pretty big for just a simple satellite...  :wink:

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

No, not huge, but I'm thinking it's pretty big for just a simple satellite...  :wink:

Yeah for a satellite, but for an interplanetary dooms day weapon, it's not that big. If anyone has seen my ships in my mission report and stuff, you know I do not build small.

1 minute ago, Starhawk said:

Well, I think the name 'Fat Kerb' is pretty indicative of the payload.

See?!? ITS AN INTERPLANETARY NUKE!!! 

7 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun da da dahhhhh, CHARGE!

CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!!! THIS IS- uhh... CREATIVITY AEROSPACE?!!

7 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Yeah for a satellite, but for an interplanetary dooms day weapon, it's not that big. If anyone has seen my ships in my mission report and stuff, you know I do not build small.

Yup... in my career game, small is a four letter word...  lol.... :D

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to some new pages.... sorry you've been so busy @Kuzzter

Don't work too hard, my friend!

Edited by Just Jim

19 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Yup... in my career game, small is a four letter word...  lol.... :D

*Gives a four letter word*

Hey, it's Friday! And I have some pages!

JoRLQ5P.png

qcXjWtu.png

YP2ZJIX.png

YWWwrZ4.png

I might interest readers who weren't aware to know that there really was such a letter in our history. And the kittehkatt's out of the cargo container--Wernher is indeed inside that fairing! With what else, I wonder? Well, there have been some good guesses already, and I think that at least one of you has guessed exactly right. :D 

Edited by Kuzzter
Added Wernher to VAB scene to dispel confusion

Oh, brilliant!  Absolutely brilliant!  I love how this is playing out!  
Wernher's guilt, and fear, of what he's doing and what's happening around him reminds me a lot of... well, we're not supposed to talk about it.  :wink:
But I think the parallel is very, very well written!   

And now Werhner is on that... thing?   Whatever it is... doomsday device, or just a huge load of evil snacks... I'm super excited for the next installment!

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

Hey, it's Friday! And I have some pages!

Nicely done.

But I wonder....  Where did Wehrner find the time to shave between getting Agonized and handling the last beaker of green glowing goo?  Surely that aroused suspicions?  Or did he justify it by needing a good seal for his SCBA?

I didn't expect that.

But where is the actual bomb? Is it with him? dundunduuun

Also, why did he shave before entering the rocket? surely it would be easiest to do it just before landing. nvm

Edited by Willbl3pic

Ohh, headcanon time!

Obviously, facial hair plays an important role in Kerbulan society. This is due to the hierarchical nature of Kerbulan society. The upper ranks have beards. The middle ranks, like Wernher, have mustaches. The lower ranks, like all the VAB workers, don't have any facial hair, at all.

@Geschosskopf Wernher used to be a middle-ranking officer. Then he was promoted, and grew his beard out. After he got agonized, he was demoted, and had to shave again. Besides, this is a flashback. We don't know how much time is between panels.

38 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

And now Werhner is on that... thing?   Whatever it is... doomsday device, or just a huge load of evil snacks...

You know, we've never established whether Kerbulans have snacks. That could indeed have made the difference between war and peace--I, for one, have never gotten in a fight with anyone with whom I've shared Planters cheez puffs.

32 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

But I wonder....  Where did Wehrner find the time to shave between getting Agonized and handling the last beaker of green glowing goo?  Surely that aroused suspicions?  Or did he justify it by needing a good seal for his SCBA?

Oh, Wernher is getting agonized offscreen--that's his assistant/intern/whatever watching in horror, same Kerbulan you see with the clipboard next to the LV-N, and with the radioactive sample in his face that Wernher is holding with the tongs.

But I do have an explanation for why Wernher only has a mustache--just haven't gotten to it yet.

Fun Kuzzter fact: I did have an evil Kerbulan beard at one point, and then a 'stache, but both disappeared shortly before a trip to Hawai'i for reasons quite similar to the one @Geschosskopf describes. 

31 minutes ago, Andem said:

So I suppose that Werhner took all of the Death Star Nuclear Bomb Plans with him aboard the Fat Kerb?

Well, something happened that prevented Evil Gene nuking the planet. Stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, Willbl3pic said:

Also, why did he shave before entering the rocket? surely it would be easiest to do it just before landing.

Gees, people! First page, second panel! Two kerbulans visible, one has a full Evil Spock beard, the other is Wernher! 

2 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

You know, we've never established whether Kerbulans have snacks. That could indeed have made the difference between war and peace--I, for one, have never gotten in a fight with anyone with whom I've shared Planters cheez puffs.

For lack of a Cheez Puff, the war was lost...   :sticktongue:

26 minutes ago, Kuzzter said:

Oh, Wernher is getting agonized offscreen--that's his assistant/intern/whatever watching in horror, same Kerbulan you see with the clipboard next to the LV-N, and with the radioactive sample in his face that Wernher is holding with the tongs.

Gees, people! First page, second panel! Two kerbulans visible, one has a full Evil Spock beard, the other is Wernher! 

Oh yeah? Sorry, Kuzzter, but the author is dead.

24 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

For lack of a Cheez Puff, the war was lost...   :sticktongue:

Well, Tootsie Rolls saved the Marines at the Chosin Reservoir...

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Rats, I just ran out of likes for the day.... but you are SOOO right!!!  Thanks for the laugh!!!

I gotcha, Fam.

FyunchClick, enjoy your like. I would have given it anyway, because I love that movie, but enjoy it like it's from JustJim.