The Saga of Emiko Station - Complete

Just Jim

Hey, I'm going to need a couple days to sort thru stuff.  I've got almost 200 craft files I seriously need to thin out.  I also have to outline this ahead into the next several chapters so I don't screw the plotlines up...

Edited by Just Jim

No problem. Better quality than speed. (maybe they should teach kids that in school and we would be a lot better off...)

2 hours ago, Just Jim said:

I also have to outline this ahead into the next several chapters so I don't screw the plotlines up...

You should be more worried about Thompberry screwing the plotline up though... :0.0: I think THAT's his ultimate goal!!! :D

Just now, Parkaboy said:

Hey, awesome chapter there (as usual). Loved the pics with the cockpit showing its interior. Is that the cutaway view from 1.1, or is it a mod?

It's a new 1.1 feature. Highlight the crew portraits and there will be an option for it.

16 minutes ago, Parkaboy said:

Hey, awesome chapter there (as usual). Loved the pics with the cockpit showing its interior. Is that the cutaway view from 1.1, or is it a mod?

That's the cutaway view.... and I'm all sorts of excited to see what you and @Kuzzter do with it!

Well, here we go again.  The story is back on hold.  ;.;

They released another pre-release update this evening, and Emiko Station is broken and Krakened.  Rats.

I'm not going to panic, this already happened once and was fixed the next day. 
I'll just watch the bug reports and see if an asteroid problem's been reported.  If not I'll try to do one myself.

And worse case scenario, if this is altogether broken this time, I've been making backups of the game as well as all the ship craft files.  So while it may take a little while, I can rebuild it if absolutely necessary.

18 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Well, here we go again.  The story is back on hold.  ;.;

They released another pre-release update this evening, and Emiko Station is broken and Krakened.  Rats.

That's what Thompberry wants you to believe! He's working on taking over your computer!

2 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

That's what Thompberry wants you to believe! He's working on taking over your computer!

Oh great.... I created my own monster!!! 

I have this weird mixed feeling of both immense pride and mortal terror...  :0.0:

I think he's MORE than taken over Jim's computer...I think I saw a movie wherer someones creation got loose all over the place.

b7972014ff385c25452416e058b313c4.png

He's demanding I stop my story I'm writing "<gurgle>...or YOUR Jebediah gets it.  Mweheee! <bubble>"...help....I probably don't have the mods you have but...it's him, I'm scared...

1 hour ago, Draconiator said:

I think he's MORE than taken over Jim's computer...I think I saw a movie wherer someones creation got loose all over the place.

b7972014ff385c25452416e058b313c4.png

He's demanding I stop my story I'm writing "<gurgle>...or YOUR Jebediah gets it.  Mweheee! <bubble>"...help....I probably don't have the mods you have but...it's him, I'm scared...

Nice Thompberry! Although the antenna needs to be facing a little more out, battery pack LEDs for eyes, and the fuel stuff needs to be clipped a little more. But overall you did an awesome job!

10 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I think he's MORE than taken over Jim's computer...I think I saw a movie wherer someones creation got loose all over the place.   He's demanding I stop my story I'm writing "<gurgle>...or YOUR Jebediah gets it.  Mweheee! <bubble>"...help....I probably don't have the mods you have but...it's him, I'm scared...

8 hours ago, max_creative said:

Nice Thompberry! Although the antenna needs to be facing a little more out, battery pack LEDs for eyes, and the fuel stuff needs to be clipped a little more. But overall you did an awesome job!

hehe... it's really close, but Max is right, the eyes are battery LEDs and the antennae need to be at about 30 degrees from north on the pod. 

It's actually simple to make, but only mine has a brain in it... bwaahahahaha.....   :sticktongue:

OK, I just did some experimenting, and it appears all my backups, no matter how far back I go, crash when I try to load Emiko. This tells me it's probably the newest pre-release, and not something stupid I did.  I'll do a bug report after I make some more coffee.

Hopefully, if we're all patient, it'll be addressed and fixed soon.

5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, I just did some experimenting, and it appears all my backups, no matter how far back I go, crash when I try to load Emiko. This tells me it's probably the newest pre-release, and not something stupid I did.  I'll do a bug report after I make some more coffee.

Hopefully, if we're all patient, it'll be addressed and fixed soon.

Oh well. This happens with pre-releases. Emiko will be fine in the end. Don't worry. :) enjoy your koffie!

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

Oh well. This happens with pre-releases. Emiko will be fine in the end. Don't worry. :) enjoy your koffie!

yeah... and it gives me time to get stuff written out for down the road.  No worries. 

1 hour ago, Jeb! said:

I'm feeling moar and moar like I need to make yet another backup before 1.1 officially comes out... :P

I would... seriously.  Hopefully it'll all be OK, but just in case, I would highly recommend saving any important games and craft files. 

Well, I just checked in with the bug tracker, then tried an experiment to see what would happen if I tried to rendezvous with Emiko Station with a ship that was working... and like I was hoping, the game froze up and crashed when I got within 2.2km of the station.

The reason I say I was hoping it would happen is I'm watching a bug that's already been reported from someone having problems with the game crashing when they got too close to a big asteroid.  Finger crossed, this is the same bug I'm having problems with.

I'm not sure how much I can help the bug squashers, they sound like they already have a better handle on it than I could do.  But it's good to know someone is already on it.

Edited by Just Jim

1 minute ago, Just Jim said:

Well, I just checked in with the bug tracker, then tried an experiment to see what would happen if I tried to rendezvous with Emiko Station with a ship that was working... and like I was hoping, it crashed when I got within 2.2km of the station.

The reason I say I was hoping it would happen is I'm watching a bug that's already been reported from someone having problems with the game crashing when they got too close to a big asteroid.  Finger crossed, this is the same bug I'm having problems with.

I'm not sure how much I can help the bug squashers, they sound like they already have a better handle on it than I could do.  But it's good to know someone is already on it.

I just had a thought, what about small asteroids? 

Emiko is on the large size for a class E. 

What if you found a class A and got close to it? And if it works, you might as well make a small fuel station in orbit.

How to defeat Thompberry:

1: Dock him to Emiko Station and then update to the latest pre-release

2: Bring Kerbfleet bill into your universe and have him delete the stayputnik mk1 part from the game

3: Ram the Duna Station with the Raptor!

Although, unless the benefits of the framerate increase are too significant, you might want to play in 1.0.5 until the actual 1.1 release. Just sayin. Can't wait to see how Thompberry is defeated, and how many times he is brought back to life again! (Currently: He has come back from the "dead" once)

34 minutes ago, max_creative said:

I just had a thought, what about small asteroids? 

Emiko is on the large size for a class E. 

What if you found a class A and got close to it? And if it works, you might as well make a small fuel station in orbit.

Good question.  I just tried it, and turns out that worked fine.  Technically Piper's rock, the one I threw at the kraken ship a while back, is a class-A.  That loaded and plays fine.

Right now it's just orbiting around Kerbin minding it's own business...  but I've been thinking of maybe using it for something down the road.

25 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Although, unless the benefits of the framerate increase are too significant, you might want to play in 1.0.5 until the actual 1.1 release. Just sayin. Can't wait to see how Thompberry is defeated, and how many times he is brought back to life again! (Currently: He has come back from the "dead" once)

The frame rate is better, and more important, I have a couple things I haven't showed anyone yet that I want to save if I can.  I'm worried if I revert back I may lose them.

Oh, what the heck, small spoiler, two days ago I got offered a second "Ultimate Challenge" contract!  But this one is different in one regard.  The first one wants me to land on every planet and moon, this one wants me to just do fly-by's of all the major bodies. I'm wondering if there's a third variation that asks to just orbit all the bodies???
Anyway, needless to say I accepted it. And I really, really don't want to lose those two contracts if at all possible.