I'm losing some inspiration for KSP... let's have a giant ideas thread!

SlabGizor117

13 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

That is a totally awesome idea, my favorite so far from the recent relevant threads. Must try it some day..

It's a breath of relief from the normal, start, launch, start, launch, spam science, unlock, etc,etc.. lol.. You can only do that so many times before it becomes monotonous. :(

What did it for me was getting a joystick and then getting into landers, VTOLs, dropships etc... practicing precise flying, exploring planets (including Kerbin) in sandbox, building simple motherships for those lovely landers you find here and then finally building my own more serious stuff again, landers of course :D

but yeah, really the trigger was the joystick.

Not the advice you're wanting, but I've just been playing other games while I wait for 1.1. Trying to build any sort of wheeled rover since 1.0 has been an exercise in frustration. Ever since I read the Dev Notes post on how they've rewritten the wheel software from scratch, I've been unwilling to struggle with the current version.

Note to Squad: Pathea finally released their Unity 5 version of Planet Explorers, so you guys are now running dead last out of all my Unity-based games. I'd love to make some snarky comment about that, but truth is, you also had the hardest job and I'm glad you're doing it right!

I like the ideas, thanks guys.  In other news, I just made a manned Apollo 8-ish Duna mission to orbit and come back, but I may not have enough fuel, so it looks like I'm gonna be sending a probe to refuel it, but, it has no docking port(I knew I should've put one on!), so hopefully I can use the claw.  You can transfer fuel through the claw, right?  RIGHT??!!

Here's my duna trip:

http://imgur.com/G3yZUFO

Do the mission from "The Martian Way" in RSS. Launch from Mars, fly to Saturn with a bunch of small ships, put a Class E asteroid in the rings (assuming a mod can spawn one there for you). Mine the asteroid for fuel to bring it back to a Mars Landing using the small ships as engines, with ore left in the rock to supply much needed water to the Martian colony.

Start checking out blogs like False Steps, Beyond Apollo, Vintage Space, and Eyes Turned Skyward, just to name a few. Look at the designs that were never built. See if you can make them fly. There's loads of inspiration out there if you look for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.