Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

On 2/20/2016 at 3:46 PM, Dman979 said:

oh, yeah! @adsii1970, you promised more mission graphics that would blow us away! I can't wait!

Hehehe - Here's the veteran signature images for the team. I had some problems with sizing issues with IMGUR and importing them into this forum for some reason. I had to delete the old images and re-upload them. So... for those of you who have already used the links, you'll have to reload them... I am sorry... but as my wife claims - not only am I OCD, but I also am very nethers about my images.

VdqkTr3.png?1k4xaDLZ.png?1FNMtAfG.png?1 H6nDWAb.png?1

JCw9iSN.png?1 KuANulL.png?1C0VdUI6.png?1Khvq2kW.png?1

vMcHq0z.png?1

And a new main image for the entire project - notice I have added a yellow star to represent the completed mission:

2Cfnokh.png

On 2/20/2016 at 3:50 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Give him time guys!

Will have them by Monday night. Congrats, guys - I was beginning to doubt things... and I am glad I was wrong!

Edited by adsii1970
Added the rest of the graphics for the veteran crew!

25 minutes ago, the_pazter said:

lol I was looking at the stream, and realized I need to use my headset with HD sound next time instead of my iPad

Yeah.  It was pretty bad quality.  That's why there's a next time.

Just now, DarthVader said:

Wasn't the payload going for GTO, and it only made LEO? So mission failure?

No.  There was a bit of mix up on the actual mission goal. 

Just now, DarthVader said:

Wasn't the payload going for GTO, and it only made LEO? So mission failure?

No, we were aiming for a simple launch first. To make GTO would have required a LOT more ∆V than the probe was designed for.

5 hours ago, Blue_Eagle7 said:

For next launches is possible to have images of the rocket, maybe with some camera mod (which are more realistic than the normal view)?

Probably.  This was mainly a test mission.  I've got to go in and assess my mod list, prune it, then add others.

Perhaps a science/comms sat in polar orbit for lots of science/comms.

We've established that I can't submit anything, so these are just ideas in case somebody wants to try it.

OOH! Better idea! Over a series of launches, we could launch the equipment to reenact the Battle of Antietam in space!

Edited by Choctofliatrio2.0

16 minutes ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Perhaps a science/comms sat in polar orbit for lots of science/comms.

We've established that I can't submit anything, so these are just ideas in case somebody wants to try it.

OOH! Better idea! Over a series of launches, we could launch the equipment to reenact the Battle of Antietam in space!

We'll look into the polar sat com idea, it's possible we will just upgrade the same probe as before and simply launch it into a polar orbit. You can submit, just make your crafts RO compatible.

As to the second idea... again, no.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.