Real Space Program [Need Launch Controllers] [Launch 1/14/17]

ZooNamedGames

2 minutes ago, NathanKell said:

HeJust reinforcing again:

Anyone sharing craft files must have the RO setup. You will not be able to go between stock and RO. That's really not how it works.

Also for the love of Max Faget, put RCS on things. Those probe cores have plenty of tankage, and there are probe-sized RCS.Use 'em. :)

But reaction wheels are such an easy cop out, even when nerfed.

1 minute ago, CliftonM said:

I sent a request

Let me to you since I'm apparently not receiving.

12 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

But reaction wheels are such an easy cop out, even when nerfed.

No, they aren't.

Let me to you since I'm apparently not receiving.

It's <SNIP>

Edited by Guest

It might be wise for you folks to exchange Skype info privately rather than have it out here where trolls and bots can see it.

*Moderator hat off*

I'm really excited to see this launch! Unfortunately I won't be able to catch the stream but I'm really looking forward to an RO launch video with MCC chatter.

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It might be wise for you folks to exchange Skype info privately rather than have it out here where trolls and bots can see it.

Good point.

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I'm really excited to see this launch! Unfortunately I won't be able to catch the stream but I'm really looking forward to an RO launch video with MCC chatter.

It's a shame you can't make it.  Don't worry, though, we're going to record it, too.

I hate to invoke authority here, but I wrote RO, and no they are not a good choice. Seriously, if you think adding an RW to a probe, and no RCS, is going to work...it's really not. :]

Controllable probes should be controllable, because the orbit you get from the LV will not be the orbit you desire. The tolerances are just too fine. Now, you could use upper stage RCS and have a totally unguided probe, but...why not take advantage of the probe's avionics?

Just now, NathanKell said:

I hate to invoke authority here, but I wrote RO, and no they are not a good choice. Seriously, if you think adding an RW to a probe, and no RCS, is going to work...it's really not. :]

Why I love NathanKell.

Time for launch:

between 19:00 and 21:00 UTC

1 minute ago, NathanKell said:

I know how weak they are, I've just chosen the one option that doesn't require me to DL RFs.

10 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

All members be ready and present at your consoles at least one if not one and a half (90 minutes) before launch. I will upload the Flight Manual to G drive and link it here by 6am EST.

To add to that, make sure we have the rocket on the pad at that point.  I'm going to need to switch to it to spectate it, and I have to stay there, or else there's a high chance of crashing.  At that point we'll de preliminary checks, and wait until just before to do our go/no go's.  @MysteriousSteve - I need your IP address (via PM) so I can get the telemachus link.  With that, I give public affairs a GO.

Just now, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

So do you do the launch on a multiplayer server? And if not, who handles launching it?

MysteriousSteve will be handling the launch of it.  It's the same a launching on regular KSP, but the vessel goes onto everyone's pad.  You'll need to switch to it to spectate it.

5 hours ago, the_pazter said:

when is the launch, in UTC/ GMT times plz, and the twitch link

I'm keeping info on it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MeILK2O7hGEbyy6bebOBoHsSdS4OY_daliZnI_n65tQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you PM me with your gmail address, I can let you edit it.

It's the 20th of Febuary, between 19:00 and 21:00 UTC; 14:00  to 16:00 EST

4 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@CliftonM @Dman979 @Joco223 apologies for the mixup!

And also, I didn't realize until today this thread was in RO, I'd sure have been hanging around had I realized that from the start. I love this sort of thing! :)  (And would love to take part in another round, if there is one)

I hope there will be another round.  If @ZooNamedGames agrees, I'll sign you up.

4 hours ago, Majorjim said:

Will this be broadcast live on them there internets?

Yep!  Right here: http://www.twitch.tv/cliftonm/v/46734059  It will be recorded to youtube too.

1 hour ago, NathanKell said:

Just reinforcing again:

Anyone sharing craft files must have the RO setup. You will not be able to go between stock and RO. That's really not how it works.

Also for the love of Max Faget, put RCS on things. Those probe cores have plenty of tankage, and there are probe-sized RCS.Use 'em. :)

Remove my payload, @ZooNamedGames.  I need to rebuild it.

I made a worldtimebuddy event with hopefully everyone's local time: http://bit.ly/1mNihzO

1 minute ago, CliftonM said:

MysteriousSteve will be handling the launch of it.  It's the same a launching on regular KSP, but the vessel goes onto everyone's pad.  You'll need to switch to it to spectate it.

Ah, alright. That makes sense, thank you. Sorry for asking so many questions, but this is just really interesting to me, and if I'd had the time/gotten here earlier, I might've gotten involved.

2 minutes ago, Choctofliatrio2.0 said:

Ah, alright. That makes sense, thank you. Sorry for asking so many questions, but this is just really interesting to me, and if I'd had the time/gotten here earlier, I might've gotten involved.

No worries. :)

46 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I hope there will be another round.  If @ZooNamedGames agrees, I'll sign you up.

Indeed! I'd love to have you on NathanKell :) , if there's anyone expert I'd like with us, it's the one who makes it possible. :D Find yourself a role you would like and you'll be back up if not prime (I want Nathan to have the role he wants but also not cheating another member out of theirs. We will find a way!).

Edited by ZooNamedGames

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.