What's your favorite/least favorite environments?

CAKE99

Well, that really depends on what I'm doing.

If I'm trying to sleep or play video games, then a dark room is preferred.

If I'm trying to wake up, I prefer it bright and sunny.  Because otherwise I'd never get out of bed :P

At work, I prefer a comfy chair and a PC screen that doesn't hurt my eyes.  I'd prefer a quieter office location (rather than next to a very busy intersection) but hey, you can't have everything.

If I'm relaxing (not playing video games) then somewhere outside, with plants and a cool breeze.  Having lots of green (plants) makes me feel more relaxed.

If I'm vacationing (which has been a few years, but hey maybe soon) either forest or desert.  Basically, somewhere remote.

Least favorite: noisy, crowded, dark, closed-in places.  Like dance clubs, or raves, or places like that.  Not a fan.

Edited by Slam_Jones

Hawaii.

25 degrees is pretty much my optimal temperature (77F). It's warm enough to be comfortable on it's own, and cool enough that I don't mind being in direct sunlight. Depending on the time of year, I prefer outside to inside, particularly in June and July when I find local insect life to be most pleasant for the warm months. You have a lot fewer of things like wasps and spiders (or rather, the webs they spin in easy to walk into places) before August I find. I'm also pretty used to ocean breezes and high humidity. I also like the occasional thunderstorm, mostly for the heavy rain. It makes a pleasing sound on the roof I find very relaxing (even more so than ocean surf).

That said, I do appreciate a good winter, in small doses. I'm pretty fond of downhill skiing, and winter isn't complete without a good round of winter paintball. I am however not a fan of cold, really anything at or below -10 (14F) and I'm going to be unhappy.

Favourite environment for what?

I would enjoy a nice dimmed spa room with aromatic candles for relaxing, and I would dare say it is one of my favourite environment. But certainly I wouldn't want to live there. If I live, I prefer to live in a clean, urban environment with carefully controlled climate and separation from the chaos that is nature.

favourite environment?  Deserts.  Long, clear distant views.  Silence.  Elbow-room.  Clear starry nights.  Bliss.  American deserts are my favourites because they have distant mountains to give some interest to the horizon.

Least favourite?  Noisy, crowded bars and pubs.  I am a miserable old git.

3 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Reading all of these... I wonder how pale we all are :D

I'm not going to lie, the colour change I go through each summer (or visit Florida/Hawaii for like 3 days) is pretty spectacular, as is my bodies adamant refusal to fully untan itself in the winter. I mean, I still revert to 'on the pale side', but not my natural "all my colour comes from flushed blood vessels" pale. I'm half healthy peach and half vampire pink/white :)

Whenever I use my computer I stay in my bedroom with my curtains shut and air conditioning. I like just clouds blocking out every single patch of blue sky. Rain would be nice too.

On January 21, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Spaceception said:

Reading all of these... I wonder how pale we all are :D

I'm actually REALLY tan...

Favourite: Downtown Helsinki in late winter/early spring (or late fall/early winter), dark (early evening, around 6 o'clock), two or three degrees above 0 celsius, somewhat windy with a bit of rain or sleet. Lots of traffic, colorful lights and people going about their business.

Least favourite: Countryside in the summer, no wind, no clouds, well over 30 degrees celsius.

Yes, I love rain, darkness and cold-ish weather.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

Favorite: Middle of summer, Middle of nowhere. with a tent, my dogs, an axe for campfires, and the ability to move camp within an hours notice. Oh and a few firearms. because shooting things is fun. (Preferably in Texas or North Carolina)

Least favorite:
School.

Edited by Kozak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.