Cats or Dogs

Frybert

Cats or Dogs  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Cats or Dogs

• Cats
    • Dogs

Dogs are disgusting animals. I prefer my pets stay cute and cuddly the entirety of their lives. Not the first year or so. Puppies are great. Dogs are... Nasty. Nasty to touch ( feels like I'm scratching my own head ) Nasty to smell and nasty to hear.

Mr. DiNiero has a good way of putting it. 

Edited by Motokid600

Got a dog when I was a child and had several cats. Once as a child when my parent where visiting our neighbor for a birthday they found me inside my dogs hut. Must be the safest place I could imagine when I woke up that evening. Two of the cats died very young, one tomecat was lured away. But the last of them lived for 23 years and was still hunting everyday when she herself become the prey. She even survived beeing trapped under the roof of our neighbors house in the hottest summer. When she was finally found she was reduced to a handful of fur. (Not that she has been fat all her life^^) Slept for days besides my desk in her basked, interrupted by drinking an puking and licking the special food-paste the doc gave us. But she managed to recover and went on for another 5 or 6 year living her life to the fulliest. Best cat I ever had. Best dog I ever had.

Sooo.... BOTH :)

Edited by InsaneDruid

4 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Dogs are disgusting animals. I prefer my pets stay cute and cuddly the entirety of their lives. Not the first year or so. Puppies are great. Dogs are... Nasty. Nasty to touch ( feels like I'm scratching my own head ) Nasty to smell and nasty to hear.

Mr. DiNiero has a good way of putting it. 

-snip-

I like dogs, but I sure don't put down cats because of it.  Seems to be the owners that are usually, well, jerks.  As seen here. :)

54 minutes ago, Slam_Jones said:

I like dogs, but I sure don't put down cats because of it.  Seems to be the owners that are usually, well, jerks.  As seen here. :)

Yea I am jerk when it comes to canines that I have no doubt.  I can't help it I've had bad run ins with dogs. And I've stepped on one too many landmines.

Cats all the way. 

I had no pets growing up but later got the cat from the neighbors when they moved away. And it is almost 0 effort to take care of a cat. Make sure it has water and food, that's about it. If the cat wants attention it'll come to you.

When that cat died I got a kitten, In the 15 years we had her we took her to the vet once. To get her sterilized. That was the only time we invested time, money and extensive care in her. After that is was only making sure she had food and drinking water. About the same attention you pay to the gastank in your car. 

A cat has it's own will, they will ask for attention at different times a day, will sometimes not show for a couple of days. They have their own lives next to you. 

My girlfriend has 3 dogs, and when I'm over I notice how goal driven dogs are. they will only acknowledge you when it is in their best interest. During dinner they'll keep a close eye on us to see when someone is done. When we are watching TV they will only come close when someone brings out some snacks. they literally just lie all day on a pillow till someone tells them to take a excrements in the park. The love you get from a dog has a 'forced' tone to it. When I'm over at friends with a cat, the cat will eventually show interest in you, or other guests. A dog will bark when you ring the bell but after that they don't care about anyone in the room. 

35 minutes ago, hugix said:

Cats all the way. 

I had no pets growing up but later got the cat from the neighbors when they moved away. And it is almost 0 effort to take care of a cat. Make sure it has water and food, that's about it. If the cat wants attention it'll come to you.

When that cat died I got a kitten, In the 15 years we had her we took her to the vet once. To get her sterilized. That was the only time we invested time, money and extensive care in her. After that is was only making sure she had food and drinking water. About the same attention you pay to the gastank in your car. 

A cat has it's own will, they will ask for attention at different times a day, will sometimes not show for a couple of days. They have their own lives next to you. 

My girlfriend has 3 dogs, and when I'm over I notice how goal driven dogs are. they will only acknowledge you when it is in their best interest. During dinner they'll keep a close eye on us to see when someone is done. When we are watching TV they will only come close when someone brings out some snacks. they literally just lie all day on a pillow till someone tells them to take a excrements in the park. The love you get from a dog has a 'forced' tone to it. When I'm over at friends with a cat, the cat will eventually show interest in you, or other guests. A dog will bark when you ring the bell but after that they don't care about anyone in the room. 

That things with the dogs is more nature vs nurture, but in this it's nurture. Dogs and cats aren't ingerently more of most things, but dogs are more involved.

My dog when I was growing up was (hilariously) afraid of the cats. He was messed up later on. Started getting loads of seizures. He would approach if you had food, but not always. He would just walk to some people, my dad would just sit there, no food, and the dog would go up to him. But dogs usually need the effort of the owner more than cats. Cats take interest at times. But dogs are animals that you need to go to more often than not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.