[1.2 - 1.4] Real Scale Boosters, 0.16 (2018-03-12)

NecroBones

12 minutes ago, tenvelden said:

Hey I think ven's stock revamp is messing with your RS-25 engine.

Yeah, that's not cool. I'll have to see if there's a way around that.

EDIT: Yeah, I can fix this pretty easily I think. The problem comes from Ven's Stock Revamp changing ALL parts that use the stock models, even if they're from other mods. So I just need to set it back afterward.

Updated:

0.14.3 (2016-05-25) - Stuff.
 - Switched attachment positions for verniers on sample Delta II & III rockets.
 - Added a correction for the RS-25 engine to use the correct stock model even if Ven's Stock Revamp attempts to change it.

So this may be a really stupid question, but I am using the stock-alike patches and I can't figure out how to attach any of the second/third stage engines. They have no bottom nodes and no adapters (that I can see) to "give" them one. Any help?

2 minutes ago, Glaran K'erman said:

So this may be a really stupid question, but I am using the stock-alike patches and I can't figure out how to attach any of the second/third stage engines. They have no bottom nodes and no adapters (that I can see) to "give" them one. Any help?

If you read this post, all will become clear :) 

11 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Hmm I do not seem to have the STS engine or the STS booster in career mode and it does not seem to be in the tech tree.  I am using the latest version.

Odd. They're both in "Very Heavy Rocketry" by default. I do my testing in Science mode so that I can check the tech node assignments and the like.

Are you using the stockification patches, or running this by itself? I might need to see your log and see if something else is clobbering it. Before grabbing the log, delete ModuleManager.ConfigCache first, run KSP, and then copy the log.

@NecroBones Ok I am not using the Stockification patches.  I am using a fair few other mods.  And I only have the sts tank and the 8.4m DIRECT procedural fairing.  That is all the STS stuff I have in my career mode.  In sandbox mode I have everything but not in career mode for some reason.  If you can tell me where the logs are I will happily attach them.  Also I have other Real Scale Boosters from that tech node.

Edited by captinjoehenry

5 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

@NecroBones Ok I am not using the Stockification patches.  I am using a fair few other mods.  And I only have the sts tank and the 8.4m DIRECT procedural fairing.  That is all the STS stuff I have in my career mode.  In sandbox mode I have everything but not in career mode for some reason.  If you can tell me where the logs are I will happily attach them.  Also I have other Real Scale Boosters from that tech node.

OK, can you take one more look at the Tech Tree in the R&D? The tech tree patches try to move the STS parts to either Massive Rocketry or Experimental Rocketry, depending on what other mods you have, and creates some of that itself if they're missing.

1 hour ago, captinjoehenry said:

Well I do not have a Massive Rocketry node.  I have comunity tech tree and I have:  Basic, General, Advance, Heavy, Heavier, Very Heavy, Experimental, Gigantic, Colossal, Sea Dragon.  In that order.  No Massive node.

OK yes, if you have CTT installed then those STS parts should be in the Experimental Rocketry.

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

OK yes, if you have CTT installed then those STS parts should be in the Experimental Rocketry.

Well they are definitely not in the Experimental rocketry or anywhere else for that matter.  And I am missing all of the STS stuff except for the fuel tank and the 8.4 m fairing.  I get other stuff from this mode in that node just fine though.

Sorry to bother you, but im not sure where to post this...

RSB seems to be broken on CKAN and returns a 404 error when trying to update. From my limited knowledge, it seems the problem is a space being used in the URL?

7ac7002647.png

Any help appreciated, as the same error is occurring when trying to update Tantares.

14 minutes ago, deskjetser said:

Sorry to bother you, but im not sure where to post this...

RSB seems to be broken on CKAN and returns a 404 error when trying to update. From my limited knowledge, it seems the problem is a space being used in the URL?

7ac7002647.png

Any help appreciated, as the same error is occurring when trying to update Tantares.

CKAN thread, not here. 

On 5/29/2016 at 11:05 PM, captinjoehenry said:

Well they are definitely not in the Experimental rocketry or anywhere else for that matter.  And I am missing all of the STS stuff except for the fuel tank and the 8.4 m fairing.  I get other stuff from this mode in that node just fine though.

Then I'll definitely need to see your KSP.log. Make sure to delete ModuleManger.ConfigCache in GameData first, then run KSP, and then upload the log somewhere (such as dropbox). Another mod may be messing with it or something.

18 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Thanks. So far at first glance, I can't find anything wrong. The patches apply, and nothing else seems to be modifying the STS parts after the fact. Those parts should show up in Experimental Rocketry since you have CTT installed. The only thing I can think of is somehow the patch is mis-applying and still putting it in Massive Rocketry (which doesn't exist), just because SpaceY is present. But I do most of my testing in a similar setup, with both SpaceY and CTT installed.

Some other parts use the same logic. Can you tell me if you also see the Delta IV SRMs (GEM-60 LDXL), Atlas V SRBs (AJ-62), and the J2 Engine? Also most of the Ariane V parts use the same rules.

If those are missing too, then I may need to rethink how the SpaceY integration is working.

I did another test with enabling SpaceY's "Massive" tech tree nodes, even if CTT is installed, and sure enough there's a bunch of stuff still ending up in those, even when they shouldn't. It didn't show up in my testing, because my test save has both the CTT and SpaceY nodes unlocked.

So. Yeah. Something is broken with how the tech tree reassignment is working when both SpaceY and CTT are installed. One temporary work-around would be to uninstall CTT, fire up your game, unlock the "massive" tech nodes, exit out, and reinstall CTT.

But I'm going to toy around with the configs and see if I can make this work more reliably.

23 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

OK, the short-term fix is that I've updated SpaceY to enable its custom tech nodes whether CTT is installed or not (and adjusts their positions in the tech tree accordingly). I'll also be taking another look at RSB's reassignments. But for now updating SpaceY will give you access to the missing parts. My plan is to leave these nodes accessible, and thus RSB can take advantage of all of them. I just want it to do it more intelligently. :wink::D

I found the problem in my logic. It was still giving precedence to SpaceY-specific tech nodes, even when it should be deferring to CTT. @captinjoehenry, it should be good to go:

0.14.4 (2016-05-31) - Hotfix.
 - Fixed a capitalization error in the tech tree patches.
 - Corrected the logic surrounding whether to use SpaceY or CTT tech nodes when both mods are present.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.