Problem with orbital station mission

Please, help me! Can't complete the mission "Build a new orbital station around Minmus". I achieved the orbit of Minmus and all goals, but goal "Have your station near Minmus" isn't checked. I looked for information about this problem, but couldn't find anything. Do you have any suggestions why that's might happened?

7 minutes ago, Anker said:

"Have your station near Minmus"

This isn't a contract requirement that I've ever heard of. Are you using any mods that introduce new parts or contracts? Also a screenshot of your ship orbiting Minmus, with the contracts window open showing the one you're having trouble with would help. 

Ok, so I have two ideas. My first thought is that your station needs to be in a lower orbit. Meaning that if you were to do a science experiment right now it would say "<experiment> high in space over Minmus". Go low enough so that it says "low in space over Minmus". 

Second idea is that since it's a station contract, you might need to dock something to it for it to complete. But I really don't think it's that. Try bringing your orbit to about 15km x 15km, see what happens .

Oh, and welcome to the forums! 

Try going back to the space centre then coming back to the station. That might jog it.

Did you start this career under v1.0.5 or an earlier version? Some contracts accepted under earlier versions go a bit funny after upgrading. If it seems valid but won't complete for no apparent reason,  you can use the Debug menu (alt+F12)  to complete it.  It's not cheating if the contract seems bugged!

19 minutes ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Ok, so I have two ideas. My first thought is that your station needs to be in a lower orbit. Meaning that if you were to do a science experiment right now it would say "<experiment> high in space over Minmus". Go low enough so that it says "low in space over Minmus". ...

Try bringing your orbit to about 15km x 15km, see what happens .

+1 to this, I bet that's it.  Minmus has fairly low altitude limits-- you have to be really close in to count as "space near Minmus", 57 kilometers is too high.

So the answer to "how do I satisfy the 'be near Minmus' requirement" is probably "move it nearer".  Nice how it works out that way.  :)

(Assuming that that's actually the issue.)

And welcome to the forums!

1 hour ago, Chemp said:

Another thought: have you launched the station from Kerbin after accepting the contract? AFAIK most missions require the vessel to be built and won't allow you to use a already existing one.

That would violate the second condition ("build a new"), but OP has that ticked, so while what you said is a common problem, it's not what's happening here.

6 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

Right click on either CPU control unit, or kerbal capsule with pilot in it (depending on which you have, or any of them)-> Rename vehicle -> make sure the vehicle type is set to "Station".

That never matters for contracts-- they don't care whether you've marked it as "base" or "station" or "probe" or "ship" or "rover" or whatever.  The word "station" has no semantic meaning; it's just the chatty language they use meaning "big crewable thing that's in orbit around something."

Almost certainly the problem here is simply that he's not close enough to Minmus; 57 km altitude is "space high above", not "space near" when you're at Minmus.

From the screenshot, everything else is fine-- the vessel he has meets all the criteria.  The only thing that's not satisfied is its location.

Guys, thank you all for trying to help! So I accepted this contract after I updated to v. 1.0.5. After accepting this contract i built complete new station and launched it. Also I tried to set station to a really low orbit (8km periapsis and apoapsis). Therefore I think it is just bugged mission and i will use debug menu. Thank you again!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.