[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

6 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

yup but it doesnt really cut it at missile defense (in ksp anyway), general AA fine but missiles not so much, the quad on the other hand is very effective.

Well in that sense, very true. I don't much care about that so much as some sense of realism. As much as I can get with tiny green men, anyway. That's why I was thrilled for LBP when it came out, and especially now with Boomsticks and SM Marine complimenting each other.

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That's nice, must get SMM out with the changes as there are a load of deco bits in there. Made some irregular panels last night ,2x1.3x1.4x1.1x1 and 1x2 slopes which should help with the detailing on less streamlined vessels

And my latest, The request turrets were given a test run against 4 nasty drones last night and came through with flying colors, although not happy with the fire sound, or the fire rate of the single even though it's as per real specs, may change it to explosive ammo instead, that may work better.

B7abLGY.png?1

What are your scatterer settings for water? That looks amazing!

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Irrelevant now as non of it works in 1.2 and I really cant hang around in 1.1.3 just cos it's pretty, but it was the high def pack, well worth it for the sea alone

Does this mean all future updates will be for 1.2? (Fine by me, especially if it means a more stable environment for me to blow up ships in!)

7 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Does this mean all future updates will be for 1.2? (Fine by me, especially if it means a more stable environment for me to blow up ships in!)

Yup , i wont be doing anything for 1.1.3 or previous versions as of last night and the Pre-Release, with 8 mods to chase they all at least have to head in the same direction :P. Already run into some odd little issues , lets hope they stay small....

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yup , i wont be doing anything for 1.1.3 or previous versions as of last night and the Pre-Release, with 8 mods to chase they all at least have to head in the same direction :P. Already run into some odd little issues , lets hope they stay small....

Well here's hoping that you'll be able to move everything without too many problems! I'm looking forward to completing my LCS in 1.2 with that mk110 and all of SM Marine's deco bits!

6 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

So here's my "finished" LCS-1 with some deco bits from other mods, and a resized Oto Melara to stand in for the mk110 till the 1.2 updates. (The circle beneath the gun is a resized, disabled decoupler)

The rails are a nice finishing touch where are they from?  I've often thought of making some, but i can't see fixed length ones working very well, I'd thought procedural, but finding a guide to making procedural part models is rarer than an agoraphobic Kerbal.  But they look OK, from what i can see and fit the lines well. I have another think on that. AND as soon as poss get the 1.2 update and color change out, they all look so much more in the lighter grey.  I may bung you a tester as you've shown so much interest in this little mod

The rails are a nice finishing touch where are they from?  I've often thought of making some, but i can't see fixed length ones working very well, I'd thought procedural, but finding a guide to making procedural part models is rarer than an agoraphobic Kerbal.  But they look OK, from what i can see and fit the lines well. I have another think on that. AND as soon as poss get the 1.2 update and color change out, they all look so much more in the lighter grey.  I may bung you a tester as you've shown so much interest in this little mod

They're from TMasterson's SAR mod. Don't much like/need the rest of it, but the rails and netting were a necessity to finish the LCS. (I recolored the netting, too) Thankfully they had tweakscale added so I could get them to fit a bit better. (I'd love to see animated netting on the LCS Helo sterns, but you've already got 2 animations and 2 different lighting sets on it!) Procedural ones would be so much nicer, could get them to fit the contours of the ship's lines even better.

I'd be happy to be a tester, I think ships and planes are much more fun for me in KSP than rockets. Plus I suck at space travel.

Edited by XOC2008

The fleet so far, in varying levels of completion, from left to right: LHA - America-class Amphibious Assault Ship, LCS - Freedom-class Littoral Combat Ship, DDG Zumwalt-class Destroyer, LPD San-Antonio-class Landing Platform/Dock, and an LSD Whidbey Island-class Landing Ship/Dock.

fubVhrz.jpg

sBD7ynE.jpg

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I sent you the things you requested in PM. Did you see them or were you able to work on them at all? And if not could I work on it and release them?

8 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

They're from TMasterson's SAR mod. Don't much like/need the rest of it, but the rails and netting were a necessity to finish the LCS. (I recolored the netting, too) Thankfully they had tweakscale added so I could get them to fit a bit better.

Sensed my name. Glad you like the two smallest parts in the mod! lol

27 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I sent you the things you requested in PM. Did you see them or were you able to work on them at all? And if not could I work on it and release them?

Sensed my name. Glad you like the two smallest parts in the mod! lol

The smallest details can make the biggest difference!

On 9/13/2016 at 5:35 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That's nice, must get SMM out with the changes as there are a load of deco bits in there. Made some irregular panels last night ,2x1.3x1.4x1.1x1 and 1x2 slopes which should help with the detailing on less streamlined vessels

And my latest, The request turrets were given a test run against 4 nasty drones last night and came through with flying colors, although not happy with the fire sound, or the fire rate of the single even though it's as per real specs, may change it to explosive ammo instead, that may work better.

B7abLGY.png?1

what mod is that with the docks?? is it an addon for kk or another standalone mod??

Edited by acerarity

2 hours ago, acerarity said:

what mod is that with the docks?? is it an addon for kk or another standalone mod??

Not Spanner, but I believe earlier in the thread he said that he has some personal Kerbal Konstructs locations he's created, and tis harbor is one of those.

1 hour ago, cavilier210 said:

Not Spanner, but I believe earlier in the thread he said that he has some personal Kerbal Konstructs locations he's created, and tis harbor is one of those.

oh, Ok i wanted to see if it was up for download and if so where. thanks for telling me

Today, I threw together a Cyclone-class Patrol Boat. Aside from the weapons (NAS, with the flak cannon filling in for the mk38 mod 2) and some detail bits, all parts are LBP. (It has more parts than some of the bigger ships but there is a lot of offsetting going on with the bridge sections.) It's still in progress. Not happy with it. And since there's no small boat slip in the mod to put on the back, it looks unfinished.

sWe3KBi.jpg

Image ref if you can find one plz

Animated! It'd be about the same length as the small modern stern in the pack already. Can't find a real world pic that shows back detail too well, but there's walking room on either side of the slipway.

pc_14_ri.gif

Edited by XOC2008

8 minutes ago, TMasterson5 said:

Any word on the VLS stuff?

Says the bloke who works too hard, 8 mods and 3 collabs to deal with means everything in it's time, so feel free if you just can't wait, and in your pm you still never said what it is you want to put there?.  I'm quite reluctant to do it in the way you propose however as it just leads to other issues with things and kerbs falling through the deck, a much nicer solution is to know exactly what you'd want you put in that position and either it's dimensions or a pattern part, and having those details construct a proper bay with a removable cover, so if you want launchers you don't fit the cover and if you don't you do. missing collision sounds and feels like nothing more than a bodge

edit  you are free of course to modify the parts in any way you choose

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

I need to take another fleet shot at some point. Finished my Independence class LCS, too. Man I love this mod.

HCyRywi.jpg

OH! Speaking of the mod, I encountered an issue earlier where the medium helo stern was sharing a model with the LCS helo stern, but without animations. Found out for whatever reason, there was a cfg for medhelostern, mediumhelostern, and the mediumLCShelostern or whatever it is called. The medhelostern shouldn't be there. I removed the cfg for it to see if it fixed everything, and from what I can tell it fixed it fine. Not sure why it messed things up but if others are having the same trouble (It switched out the plain for the LCS model between the SPH and launch each time), then that's a way to fix it.

9 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

I need to take another fleet shot at some point. Finished my Independence class LCS, too. Man I love this mod.

HCyRywi.jpg

OH! Speaking of the mod, I encountered an issue earlier where the medium helo stern was sharing a model with the LCS helo stern, but without animations. Found out for whatever reason, there was a cfg for medhelostern, mediumhelostern, and the mediumLCShelostern or whatever it is called. The medhelostern shouldn't be there. I removed the cfg for it to see if it fixed everything, and from what I can tell it fixed it fine. Not sure why it messed things up but if others are having the same trouble (It switched out the plain for the LCS model between the SPH and launch each time), then that's a way to fix it.

I'll check that out sounds a bit odd. but very suprised there haven't been more issues with so much being done.., Did i mention that there's a texture switch on the tri hull with the hangar, so you can switch the heli deck off and on depending where it's fitted. Damn those rails, theyre taunting me with their suitability for the job....

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I'll check that out sounds a bit odd. but very suprised there haven't been more issues with so much being done.., Did i mention that there's a texture switch on the tri hull with the hangar, so you can switch the heli deck off and on depending where it's fitted. Damn those rails, theyre taunting me with their suitability for the job....

I think you did mention the texture switcher, yes! If I was making a longer trimaran I'd have utilized that. There is much more versatility in the mod with the new parts, for sure.