[1.12.X] Kerbal Planetary Base Systems v1.6.15 [28. April 2022]

Nils277

I can't seem to find the green house. I'm in career with Community Tech Tree installed and I have the node that the greenhouse is in unlocked. I can't find it anywhere else in the tree (I've had to unlock the same part twice before). Any ideas? 

Edit: I can't find it in a sandbox game as well.

Edited by HoveringKiller

29 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

I can't seem to find the green house. I'm in career with Community Tech Tree installed and I have the node that the greenhouse is in unlocked. I can't find it anywhere else in the tree (I've had to unlock the same part twice before). Any ideas? 

maybe check out the Life Support category

greenhousec6d7.png

and no TAC isnt req'ed at all, not using it here myself

Edited by LatiMacciato

31 minutes ago, HoveringKiller said:

Does the Greenhouse depend on having Lifesupport mod installed?

I have a question about the Legacy folder: is all that stuff deprecated?  Can I just delete that (to get rid of the deprecated connectors from the tech node)?

Edited by Sarxis

if that doesnt work (wich should) try getting the mod manually to check if CKAN somehow borked that .. just trying to help, im no dev of this mod but trying to share...

sometimes CKAN doesnt deliver the latest versions correctly, they're forking/cloning rep's

.. so i found myself getting the latest versions manually .. just to make sure

1 minute ago, LatiMacciato said:

if that doesnt work (wich should) try getting the mod manually to check if CKAN somehow borked that .. just trying to help, im no dev of this mod but trying to share...

sometimes CKAN doesnt deliver the latest versions correctly, they're forking/cloning rep's

.. so i found myself getting the latest versions manually .. just to make sure

That actually did help! Thanks for that!

I'm wondering about the custom 'Life Support' category that gets added by KPBS:  I'd actually like to add the USI-LS parts to that custom category, but I'm not sure if I'm even able to do that, or what the category name would be for the parts files.  I've tried a few iterations (Life_Support, Life Support, lifesupport).

First and foremost, the IVAs are gorgeous, I love "<-- right is OUT | left is IN -->2 :D and also the vast amount of supported mods and their features (e.g. USI recyclers).

One small thing I noticed: the various landing legs and the wheels, when the right click menu is opened, will always show the option "Extend" instead of switching to "Retract" when extended. They work just fine both ways though.

1 hour ago, HoveringKiller said:

Are the flexible corridors part of compatability with KIS/KAS? I'm not entirely sure how to use them. I'm not home at the moment so I can't test it out at the moment. Any tips/suggestions/knowledge?

yup greatfully! .. you have to use them "outside" .. like picking/attaching .. then reattach and basicly link both ends :D

29 minutes ago, Victorsaurus said:

Hey sorry for being lazy (33 pages to go through is a lot for my ferret attention span) but I remember there was going to be a part for this mod that was essentially like a large rover garage. Is that still a thing or going to be?

It's here.

Hello. Just updated my game (and this mod) from 1.0.5 to latest, loaded my save and some wheels appears to be broken. Somewhy "Attachable Landing Gear" ones work fine, but "Combined Landing Gear" just dont spin.

Upd. Oh. What does "DEPRECATED" in title mean?

1 hour ago, Miruzuki said:

It's not supposed to be in the mod anymore, but is left in so that it doesn't break craft files. You should remove it from your crafts and recover anything that uses it before updating to the next version after the one you installed.

10 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

It's not supposed to be in the mod anymore, but is left in so that it doesn't break craft files. You should remove it from your crafts and recover anything that uses it before updating to the next version after the one you installed.

Oh.... that sucks. I have a huge moon base with this wheels. Crap.

On 29/03/2016 at 0:06 PM, Rafael acevedo said:

From my previous post I was able to fit a buffalo river inside the hangar. however it requires me to offset some of the parts as it is a tad to high. You can find a picture of what it looks like and the offset required I the buffalo thread

Buffalo Mod did not work for me :0.0: :huh:

8 minutes ago, Boy1880 Kerman said:

R57tWoR.png

I am attaching the picture.  please be aware that the buffalo mode was having issues with one of the wheels that would not turn. I believe it was the grissly.  the nw hangar is big enough to store the malemute, the buffalo and the us exploration kit rover

On 2.8.2016 at 2:56 AM, Sarxis said:

Does the Greenhouse depend on having Lifesupport mod installed?

I have a question about the Legacy folder: is all that stuff deprecated?  Can I just delete that (to get rid of the deprecated connectors from the tech node)?

No, the greenhouse does not depend on having a Life-Support mod installed. But it does nothing more than looking pretty when no LS mod is installed. When a LS mod is installed, it will be in the Life Support Category, else in the Utility.

On 2.8.2016 at 2:27 AM, HoveringKiller said:

Have you found it yet?

On 2.8.2016 at 5:25 AM, Sarxis said:

I'm wondering about the custom 'Life Support' category that gets added by KPBS:  I'd actually like to add the USI-LS parts to that custom category, but I'm not sure if I'm even able to do that, or what the category name would be for the parts files.  I've tried a few iterations (Life_Support, Life Support, lifesupport).

This would be kinda complicated. I use the internal name of the parts as a flag to show that a part should be in the Life Support category. All the parts names start with "KKAOSS_LS". It would break all current crafts if you would try to rename parts from other mods to start with that name. There might also be many other side effects from that.

On 3.8.2016 at 9:34 PM, Hupf said:

First and foremost, the IVAs are gorgeous, I love "<-- right is OUT | left is IN -->2 :D and also the vast amount of supported mods and their features (e.g. USI recyclers).

One small thing I noticed: the various landing legs and the wheels, when the right click menu is opened, will always show the option "Extend" instead of switching to "Retract" when extended. They work just fine both ways though.

Hmm...must have named something wrong there, will fix that in the next update.

On 3.8.2016 at 9:39 PM, HoveringKiller said:

Are the flexible corridors part of compatability with KIS/KAS? I'm not entirely sure how to use them. I'm not home at the moment so I can't test it out at the moment. Any tips/suggestions/knowledge?

Yes they are :) 

On 5.8.2016 at 5:48 AM, Victorsaurus said:

Hey sorry for being lazy (33 pages to go through is a lot for my ferret attention span) but I remember there was going to be a part for this mod that was essentially like a large rover garage. Is that still a thing or going to be?

Yep, they are already in there. Just also updated them to be big enough for the buffalo etc. 

On 6.8.2016 at 1:26 AM, Miruzuki said:

Hello. Just updated my game (and this mod) from 1.0.5 to latest, loaded my save and some wheels appears to be broken. Somewhy "Attachable Landing Gear" ones work fine, but "Combined Landing Gear" just dont spin.

Yep, i had to deprecate them. The biggest problem was that it had essentially two wheel modules. One for the legs and one for the 'real' wheels. This is unfortunately not possible anymore after KSPs update to the new wheel system. 

On 6.8.2016 at 9:07 PM, Boy1880 Kerman said:

It was a tiny bit to small for the buffalo in the first version. I have updated the garage to be bigger and fit the buffalo, malemute etc. Just the Karibou does not fit in :wink: 

5 hours ago, Nils277 said:

No, the greenhouse does not depend on having a Life-Support mod installed. But it does nothing more than looking pretty when no LS mod is installed. When a LS mod is installed, it will be in the Life Support Category, else in the Utility.

Have you found it yet?

Yes, I have found it. It seems that reinstalling through ckan helped a lot. Thanks!

Regarding the hydrogen component of the recycling (and/or generation) for LS materials, is there a storage machanism for H2 aside from the basic converters that produce it from atmosphere or ore or electrolysis? I ask because the pie quarter fuel cell requires H2 and I'd like to build a reserve of H2 for powering it. 

Also, is there a way to make a given hab set closed loop while on kerbin so as to test the ability of a given hab structure to work without extra O2 input from the Kerbin atmosphere?