1.1 New Feature: Cutaway Interiors!

CalculusWarrior

1 hour ago, monstah said:

I found it pretty, but would also like a window-only option.

The cutaway does show how Mk-I's pod is larger on the inside than on the outside; pay attention to the hatch when you activate it.

I've noticed that too. However, I do like it - it sort of reminds me of all those old Popular Science magazines from the 1950s and 1960s my grandfather shared with me. In its own Kerbal way, it brings some great memories from childhood.

I know this is probably not the right place to say this, but between this forum and the various KSP Facebook pages I belong on, I truly believe that there are a small part of the KSP fan base that simply does have no appreciation to what Squad and the modders have brought to us. Without the mods, KSP is a fabulous game that engages each user in a fundamental way so that no two people that play KSP ever have the same game or even the same results. It literally means something different to each player and to me, that is the mark of a truly great game. @SQUAD - the members of the team deserve the respect of this community; if it were not for their vision for the Kerbal Space Program, none of us would be a part of one of the best gaming communities.

The modders in this community give a lot of their passion, their time, and their own financial resources for continued development of extras that increase the game's scope and enjoyment. Some, such as rbray89's EVE mods make an already beautiful planetary system simply breathtaking, while sarbian has made some improvements through his many mods that benefit players such as me. Porkjet's mods were so good Squad made him an official member, complete with a secret decoder ring, to their team. Then there's bahamutoD's mods that not only fill in some of the gaps with engines and cockpits, but that allow me to rid my world of orbital debris :cool:. There are another dozen mods, like Kerbal Planetary Bases, Kerbal Engineer Redux, LackLuster Labs, the near future mods, Mark 2 Expansion, and ScanSat (and many, many others) that encourage my imagination and creativity.

Since the release of 1.1 there has been a lot of complaining about the cut-away views versus the clear canopy; folks, again, to me, both are great and if we didn't have either one, it would be great too. Let's not lose focus on how remarkably sensitive Squad has been towards its fan base and cut them some slack. It may not be in 1.1, but may be in 1.1.5... or so forth. 

Edited by adsii1970

I am going to go INSANE trying to find out how to activate this view!

It has been implemented in 1.1 pre, right?

I've looked in options, I've looked in right click menus, I've looked in the on-screen interface... How the HELL do I turn on cutaway view?

3 minutes ago, Rhedd said:

I am going to go INSANE trying to find out how to activate this view!

It has been implemented in 1.1 pre, right?

I've looked in options, I've looked in right click menus, I've looked in the on-screen interface... How the HELL do I turn on cutaway view?

Little radio button left of the portrait cams. Hover your mouse over the cams it will become visible