The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

6 hours ago, V8jester said:

Oh I thought it was an over. Except every time the red light came on, on one of the 3 I had. All I got was a shiny coaster

Coaster? I thought that was an aluminum frisbee. You're telling me I've been bragging to my friends about my aluminum frisbee collection all these years, and all I had were coasters?

On May 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM, magnemoe said:

Worse, far worse if you has to remind yourself that the Oberth effect don't work on turnabouts.

On May 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM, LeonG17 said:

When you wonder why the space agencies haven't started use mods yet.

Yes to both of these.

Also when you find yourself explaining what radial and anti-radial burns do to your friend who's a physics major.

28 minutes ago, mattssheep4 said:

Yes to both of these.

Also when you find yourself explaining what radial and anti-radial burns do to your friend who's a physics major.

As a physics major, I had to give a physics-related presentation to my class and the professor (its a 100-level class, so nothing too complicated). I basically just did a video of me explaining the bare basics of orbital mechanics. Literally just me explaining why you have to do a gravy turn, and what burning prograde and retrograde do, and noting the relationship between velocity and altitude.

When you highlight text from wikipedia to copy and adapt it into a paragraph for a powerpoint presentation, and get surprised when "quote this" doesn't appear. You think about how to copy it now that the "quote this" feature's gone, then, a split second later, realise that you can just Ctrl-C+ Ctrl-V.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:00 AM, Temstar said:

You know you play too much KSP when walking down the hallway into a room you find yourself grabbing the door frame to perform a gravitational slingshot to curve your trajectory through the door.

I somewhat do this with stair railings. If I'm going up, I grab the railing and pull myself inward to accelerate myself, so I basically don't have to do any work with my legs climbing the first few steps.

On 1/15/2016 at 9:26 PM, Kuansenhama said:

When you're riding your bike and consider a 48-7s and some Oscar-B fuel tanks might help you go faster.

When you see a picture of the ISS with the space shuttle and soyuz and your first thought is how bad that probably lags.

The real reason space travel is so hard isn't because rockets are difficult to design, its because space agencies need to figure out how to keep rockets less laggy or they won't be controllable. NASA will probably have to switch to 64 bit for manned Mars missions, that's what makes them so dangerous.

Edited by cubinator

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.