The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

-Orbital maneuvering in my sleep.

-Rocket building in my sleep.

-Thoroughly explaining the processes/why's/how's of the Apollo landing missions to my girlfriend as we watch Apollo 13.

-Figuring out my position relative to the sun and the moon while sitting outside.

I could go on forever, but mostly the things I do while falling asleep. So many orbital maneuvers in the half-asleep half-awake stage.

Riding on the train, can't stop thinking "Engine ignition in T minus 3, 2, 1, ignite" and doing it multiple times on multiple stations until I get off.

T-Minus 5 seconds.

"Please stand back from the doors."

4, 3, 2, 1,

Doors sealed and.. Ignition! MTR has cleared the station!

When you right click on it to try and move your view around.

Lol! I do that all the time and get really pissed that I cant do it. Also, even Peppa Pig (I watch it with my 3 year old granddaughter, honestly) makes me think of KSP because Daddy Pigs method of making a rocket is all wrong.......

When you accidentally leave hand jotted notes around work with "cryo-tug version 1" and crummy sketches of new lander designs and orbiter configurations. it would look like something a little kid would draw except for the tiny scrawlings of estimated delta-v, weight, and mass centers.. :)

And when you have watched From Earth to the Moon about fifty times because it's the only space show that doesn't make you scream at the television "NOOOO YOU GOT IT WRONG"

I was out last night with some friends watching for the ISS to pass overhead and someone asked me how high its orbit was. I didn't know off the top of my head so I started guessing an answer by saying, "Well, the atmosphere ends at 70km...er, I mean a hundred."

Then people started pointing at various fixed celestial objects asking if they were the station, and I mocked them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.