The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

When you are watching a stream/youtube video of someone playing KSP, and try to grab the screen with your mouse to rotate the view.

Oops, guess I am not the only one that does that :P

Edited by DudewHorns

When you are watching a stream/youtube video of someone playing KSP, and try to grab the screen with your mouse to rotate the view.

Lol I did that many times, event I'm quite a new player.

I've done that.

When you start teaching your friends and family orbital mechanics.

I've done that too.

You see Jupiter, I see Jool,

You see earth, I see Kerbin,

You see the sun, I see Kerbol

Oh god I think I'm way too addicted

I've done that too. I haven't said "the moon" for 2 months now, only "the mun". :(

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, about the first quote, I sometimes try to timewarp YouTube as well. :P

When you start to admire the engineering prowess it took to balance the center of mass in objects/machines that you previously took for granted. (Which is actually kind of cool, the more I think about it)

Yes, so much this. I look at fighter jets and airliners and keep thinking about the great minds behind the, and how difficult it must have been.

Also with RC aircraft I think the same way.

When you fill the Twitch stream chat box with commas or periods when you try and timewarp.

You know you've played too much KSP when you find yourself browsing for 5 minutes on the forum waiting on load time, then realize that the menu's been loaded for 4 and a half minutes... #OPTIMIZATIONOP

Edited by Avera9eJoe

You know you play KSP too much when your science teacher tells you to write your own myth about the sun or the Mün (sorry moon) and you write this

The KerbalsThe moon is actually the Mün, a moon which used to orbit a planet called Kerbin. On this planet lived small green creatures called kerbals. Kerbals knew about the earth and had seen primitive life forms living on it. Realising that Earth had no moons and Kerbin had two, the kerbals, kind creatures by nature, decided to re-orbit the Mün around the earth. After assembling the largest rocket ship known to Kerbal kind, the ambitious kerbonauts Bob, Bill and Jehbadiah successfully re-orbited the Mün into orbit around Earth. Having done this kind deed, the Kerbals went home, planning to come back to earth and meet the Earthlings later. However they never got round to it, having to protect their planet from several asteroids.

And that is why we have the moon.

Definitely count me in for this one too. I do it all the time.

That reminds me, how cool would it be to have a recording system in KSP where you really could do that? Like it would record all the physics, and a viewer could rotate and switch cameras while it plays back. :kiss:

You know you play too much KSP and binge watch too much Farscape when you have a dream where you are trying to help the crew of Moya by building an object out of KSP parts and showing them maneuver nodes.

You know you play too much KSP and binge watch too much Farscape when you have a dream where you are trying to help the crew of Moya by building an object out of KSP parts and showing them maneuver nodes.

ROFL! Nice one!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.