The "You know you're playing a lot of KSP when..." thread

Phenom Anon X

A significant portion of my subconscious mind is devoted to continually solving problems that crop up when playing KSP.

- - - Updated - - -

-When you open your mouth with some grin and you classmates instantly know what you're going to talk about.

-When you try to go on and EVA from boring lessons.

Yup. That's pretty much my daily school life. :D

When you open up your science book, take one look at the rocket in the physics section and go "Yup. That's not right" and spend the next 20 minutes of science class fixing the staging and labeling the portions of the rocket as proof.

Edited by KarmaLarma

When you accidentally refer to "catching the bus/train" as "not missing the optimal transfer window"

When you want to screenshot something and automatically press F1 (and later wonder why no screenshot was taken)

Edited by Deutherius

when you are watching youtube and want to timewarp to the good part, right click spin their game, and then are like "oh man. it's 3 am! I need to get lunch! quick, f5 for safety real quick, just in case of food poisoning", and then on your way to the kitchen you try to transfer from your room to there, and then eat snacks as mechjeb makes your food burn on the grill. lastly, you f5 again, and critisize games and movies while playing ksp in your head. then the fire trucks come as your grilled cheese burns and you think"man! the grill ran out of delta-V"

also, (that is not what I do, but after this is a true story) when you say all sorts of ksp terms and the people you are talking to are like"what are you talking about?" and you realize you said duna,jool,venus,eve,and mun.

Edited by jake9039

- you notice your clock ran out of juice and think "Where the hell are the spare RTGs?"

- you mistakenly call all the planets their Kerbal representatives and only stop when you think "Hey wait, Saturn? Eh?"

- get stuck in a traffic jam and think "I shoulda downloaded BD Armoury."

- every single damn time I write a school assignment, it ends up as some reference to KSP

When you have finished riding your bike up your circular street in a progr-erm... Counterclockwise direction, you spin around to cancel out your relative velocity to the house, but luckily, when you fall, your launch esca- erm... Bike helmet saves you.

this actually happened. Don't daydream about KSP while riding a bike!

• 2 weeks later...

When you wonder why that Kerbodyne tank is so small and it contains toothpaste, then realize it's Sensodyne.

When you dream of boats with RCS thrusters on them.

When you try to sleep and rockets start doing high-G ballet without blowing up.

When you try to get an 8 minute mile time in PE by running with an athletic classmate then leaving them, then when you finish the mile, you call them a solid rocket booster.

When you put your arms on other's shoulders and call them solid rocket boosters.

When you see a mobile with Saturn discolored and wonder, "Why does Jool have rings???"

When you try to drift a rover on Kerbin with Initial D music playing, and end up flipping the rover over.

When you wonder how many struts are on the Saturn V.

When you find yourself drawing Mk1-2 Command Pods on your notebook.

When you associate items with their KSP counterparts. In that case, I'm seeing Mk3 cockpits everywhere in the airport, and seeing a rover in a road, and seeing bunches of struts in buildings.

When you forget about breakfast to play KSP.

When you're having dilemmas about starting construction on that dream space station, or send Kerbals to Minmus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.