Kerbal Fishing April Fools' Day Prank

KAL 9000

So, I heard some people talking about this prank here on the forums, and then Scott Manley made a video on it. What I'm wondering is: Is this just here for April Fools' Day? Or are they going to keep it? Because I think it would be really cool to just keep it as an Easter Egg, but it's Squad's decision. Also, I didn't get KSP on Steam, so I don't have the 1.1 prerelease. And if it's April Fools' Day only, I'll never be able to try it :(.

6 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Oh please no.

I was a bad April fools some years ago when the rumour was to add fishing (from WoW) to EvE ...

I guarantee you that code came from somewhere, that's way too much work to animate for a joke, much easier to program.

Side note: I used to fish all the time in EVE-O.  Catch a criminal flag and fly around the asteroid belts, see who bites...  Lost a few ships that way too, but you can't get gudfites without cracking a few eggs.

If it's not wasting a huge amount of space and ram, or aiding errors, I don't see why not implement it. Extra little bits are fun. I'd take Kerbals fishing. 

Sort of have in the past, but used antennae and camera angle tricks. 

4 hours ago, cantab said:

Well you know the saying, there's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

26149863306_f95995e339_b.jpg

Looks like I'm the wrong side of it.

You can't be fishing because not only do you not have a pole, you don't have a cooler full of beer. And when you have a cooler full of beer catching fish while fishing is optional. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.