[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

KSP: ASC King of the Hill inigma vs JollyGreenGI

Let the disco commence! JollyGreenGI takes on inigma. Had a few technical difficulties running the match, but in the end JollyGreenGI take the win 2-0. Love the lights on the new crafts :)

2 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Yeah, I was expecting a night battle against Phantom. I think I'll keep them enabled for now on anyways :D

Oh crap, I forgot. Well it won't change the outcome, one of the other hosts can run it at night if they want :)

34 minutes ago, inigma said:

In an effort to prevent host burnout, from this moment forward, all entries must state they have been tested against the current king of the hill or any previous king in the current series. Entries not stating such will be denied.  

All existing entries before this post are excepted.

If you wish to withdraw your entry, please state so! 

The effort to unseat a king is getting tougher. Hopefully this will also make watching the series more entertaining as the difficulty rises. :)

If you wish to duel someone outside of the ASC King of the Hill division in an open challenge and post your own battle results, please look at the Air Superiority Challenge: The Crucible division thread.

Yep, I gotta make a new one based on the test failures.  I still like this thing though.

KSP: ASC King of the Hill Matuchkin vs JollyGreenGI

Even gave Matuchkin an extra round to score a kill. JollyGreenGI's disco lights proved overwhelming. 3-0 victory.

JollyGreenGI, I ran our battle, it was awesome, 5 minutes processing left ;p

KSP: ASC King of the Hill g00bd0g vs JollyGreenGI

Super fun fight! I genuinely love JollyGreenGI crafts, they look awesome and perform even better! Unfortunately, the aptly named VulTurRapto is inhabited by a cruel AI which mercilessly punishes those who dare oppose it. g00bd0g wins 3-0. I look forward to our next battle :)

Having just run 15 matches to get to mine, I am going to take a breather and let the other hosts run some matches, especially now that it's a conflict of interest :)

I think I will join inigma's or start my own "self hosted" tourney.

7 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

@g00bd0g Aww man, I didn't have time to update the AI to combat VulTur

Good job tho

Great battle, and now you have a solid benchmark to test against. Anyone who defeats VulTurRaptor will have a scary beast indeed.

Yeah, oooops this contest moves REALLY fast but I managed to win against Jolly Green...somehow, so I am submitting this thing.  Unofficial video first.

And my craft file, the "KDAF-4a Bearshark-A"  I lost the first round, won the next two.

Good luck against it...hehe

Edited by Draconiator

4 minutes ago, NotAnAimbot said:

So, I think we've got a good definition of meta now:

-AIM-120 spam

-Lasers/turret spam

-Lifting surfaces spam

-Clipping in some cases

-Maneuverability to the point ECM is almost useless

Eeh, I think I'm gonna try one more conventional design before I cover a battery with lasers.

7 hours ago, g00bd0g said:

Especially now that it's a conflict of interest :)

Yeah, because the Thassa is next; I'm a little nervous facing it considering the VulturRaptor has astounding reach and agility and that despite my best efforts, the Thassa has little to no room for improvement, I'm thinking AI but the problem is that I don't know how to improve upon it there.

But if you guys do music suggestions here's a little thing I'd like.

Here's hoping the Thassa either usurps the throne or kicks harder than Chuck Norris in the womb.

EDIT: yeah, I am also getting tired of the Mortal Kombat remixes

Edited by Spearka

I'm afraid I might have to withold my entry for the moment, the AI is being completely sh*tfaced. It keeps overshooting turns, it never uses the Vulcans for anything and resorts entirely to 50.Cals at close range. I'll let you guys know when I have a fix for this

EDIT: I've managed to fix the issue, turns out the AI has a big deal with planes whose centre of lift is on the centre of mass. I've also replaced the 50.Cals and hidden Vulcans with quad turrets and it works splendidly

QX27ihc.png

Je7xUjg.png

I ran 2 test matches with this new setup and the Thassa won both. I can call myself now properly ready

The KerbalX page has already been updated

Edited by Spearka

7 hours ago, Spearka said:

EDIT: yeah, I am also getting tired of the Mortal Kombat remixes

I am too. I recommend a new third round change up. 

OP updated with current roster, all qualified entries to date. Also updated links to required mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.