[ASC-III] Air Superiority Challenge - King of the Hill (BDArmory 4v4 AI Duels: WW1 Theme) - Now Concluded!

5 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

The fix for BOTH your problems are incidentally both available in the OP. In this part.

No mod parts permitted except the following:

• BDArmory (required for AI Flight Computer, and AI Weapons Manager. The .50 caliber Browning machine gun is the only weapon from this mod permitted in this series.)
  • Aviator Arsenal (any fixed non-turreted weapon from this mod is permitted) - ASC KOTH.cfg file (to fix issue with Aviator Arsenal's antenna part, goes anywhere in your GameData folder)
  • Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (required for liquid fueled propeller engines only, no other parts permitted)

Okay, so there's the fix for the AA's antenna's (which I did download and added), but we aren't allowed to use them as AI and Weapons Manager?

Just now, GDJ said:

Okay, so there's the fix for the AA's antenna's (which I did download and added), but we aren't allowed to use them as AI and Weapons Manager?

I don't see why you can't, it's only advantage is reduced part count. 

29 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Well, I'm not going to download more crap just for "A" Antenna... :rolleyes:

:D

38 minutes ago, GDJ said:

The antenna-stick-thingy on top of the plane is AA's AI and weapon manager in one shot. As to why my plane is following you immediately I'm not certain. There isn't anything in that antenna that would do this.

Didn't see this post, I had no idea....^_^

But....why ? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

Good luck testing against anyone using the AA antenna then.

Simple, no testing, no fight.

I'm just having fun here, not even going to enter. ^_^

37 minutes ago, Triop said:

Simple, no testing, no fight.

I'm just having fun here, not even going to enter. ^_^

OK               IHAVESEENIT      ANDITISAWESOME                     *(The antenna, not the plane . . . )

mAiKB2o.png

Taking it all back, dudes... :cool:

I'm the unknown.

Edited by Triop

5 minutes ago, Triop said:

If you want the straight answer, the Antenna is missing the Wingman Commander module that the BDArmoury AI Pilot has. This module is used for competition mode, and it's what makes each team fly in formation to their areas. The .cfg fixes it, and it's just this:

@PART[AIantenna]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleWingCommander]
	{
		%name = ModuleWingCommander
	}
}

Less than 100 Bytes. An insignificant fraction of data. You could copy that and paste it into a text file into your Gamedata folder and add .cfg to any file name. I literally named my file 'butts'.

bGunjrG.png

57 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

I don't see why you can't, it's only advantage is reduced part count. 

Ah. Guess I misunderstood your previous post. My bad.

24 minutes ago, Triop said:

I just did it for less weight and less part count. It actually doesn't work any better or worse than the BD Armoury separate AI and Weapons module, but it's one less part to put on and weighs less than the two combined.

Considering I was going for a sub-2 tonne plane, that kind of thing is really important. ^_^

16 minutes ago, Triop said:

OK  I HAVE SEEN IT      AND IT IS AWESOME

Yeah, I know...I love my plane too! ^_^

12 minutes ago, JollyGreenGI said:

If you want the straight answer, the Antenna is missing the Wingman Commander module that the BDArmoury AI Pilot has. This module is used for competition mode, and it's what makes each team fly in formation to their areas. The .cfg fixes it, and it's just this:

@PART[AIantenna]
{
	%MODULE[ModuleWingCommander]
	{
		%name = ModuleWingCommander
	}
}

Less than 100 Bytes. An insignificant fraction of data. You could copy that and paste it into a text file into your Gamedata folder and add .cfg to any file name. I literally named my file 'butts'.

Thanks for the clear explanation, but since this is a competition everyone should do this so no.

4 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Yeah, I know...I love my plane too! ^_^

:sealed:

2 minutes ago, Triop said:

Ok, ok, don't bite me...I will do as been told.... ;.;

:P

Well, you don't have to if you prefer the BD Armoury items. They don't work any better or worse than the AA's version. It's just one less part needed to do the same job.

3 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Well, you don't have to if you prefer the BD Armoury items. They don't work any better or worse than the AA's version. It's just one less part needed to do the same job.

Tell you what, you download my fighter and fight it and show the results here.

Edit, do you need a link or do you think you can find it yourself ? :lol:

:wink:

Edited by Triop

8 minutes ago, Triop said:

Tell you what, you download my fighter and fight it and show the results here.

Edit, do you need a link or do you think you can find it yourself ? :lol:

:wink:

Don't be a weiner. :P

Yep. This is our planes, competition started at 4000 metres.
screenshot26_3.png

My plane just reached weapons range
screenshot27_4.png

Now, your plane is pretty small, so it did take longer to get a bead on it, but this is me going thru the explosion after getting a solid hit (a bit closer than I like I admit). The poor kerbal was doing the stretch-o-matic death on this.....poor guy....

screenshot28_4.png

And the aftermath.....I had to pull out of the inverted dive pretty hard. Glad I didn't smack the ground.
screenshot29_4.png

...and there you go.

Edited by GDJ

35 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Yep. This is our planes, competition started at 4000 metres.

My plane just reached weapons range

Now, your plane is pretty small, so it did take longer to get a bead on it, but this is me going thru the explosion after getting a solid hit (a bit closer than I like I admit). The poor kerbal was doing the stretch-o-matic death on this.....poor guy....

screenshot28_4.png

And the aftermath.....I had to pull out of the inverted dive pretty hard. Glad I didn't smack the ground.

...and there you go.

Nice, I see there is work to do...Give me some time.... :cool:

Edit: I will give you a cookie tomorrow, seems I have run out for today....

Ow, and the Kerbal that died was yours, so no hard feelings :lol:

Edited by Triop

9 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

My Mentat hasn't even fought the KotH so it really is a moot point if you won or not let alone that design is only one of the many that I have created ... I still have the Atredies, the Harkkonnen, Podrick, the Cry Baby and one I'm currently working on called the Mozzy (no pics of this one ... Classified) among others

i'm starting to think that there should've been an engine limit

Edited by Bananders

Man! the Nightingale is a monster, I've got a competent little design on the up (which can run rings around a couple of designs here) but it has some serious issues knocking the Nightingale down. Just now in a 2v2 one bloodly Nightingale, with a wing shot off, downed both my remaining planes! http://i.imgur.com/FaWhth4.png,

Edit: After reading a page or two back I realize there are planes much better (at least according to smack talk), I better up my game.

Edited by Samtc
read a page or two back

2 hours ago, Samtc said:

Man! the Nightingale is a monster, I've got a competent little design on the up (which can run rings around a couple of designs here) but it has some serious issues knocking the Nightingale down. Just now in a 2v2 one bloodly Nightingale, with a wing shot off, downed both my remaining planes! http://i.imgur.com/FaWhth4.png,

Edit: After reading a page or two back I realize there are planes much better (at least according to smack talk), I better up my game.

Welcome to the forums BTW. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.