How to fly to Duna?

Use this to build a rocket with enough Delta-V to get there and back. Launch when Duna is in front of Kerban by about 45 deg. You can go to the tracking station to speed up time and wait for the right time to launch.

Good luck

4 hours ago, JNA Space Program said:

How to fly to Duna? ive been conducting Test way too many times. And non of my rockets can made to duna. and how can i go to Duna if shes rotating? will it be hard? Pls help 

I think it will be much clearer if you first complete a number of other goals of progressing ambition, and learn underways all the hundreds of things you must learn, in order to fly to Duna..

1: Get into the air.
2: Get higher up in the air.
3: Get into space.
4: Get into orbit.
5: Get into orbit around Mun
6: Get into orbit around Minmus
7: Land on Minmus
8: Land on Mun
9: Dock two rockets in space

...And, by all means, always return.

Edited by Vermil

"How do you get to Duna" is way too vast a question to ask. What particular part is giving you trouble?

If you want general ideas, @Vermil's post is a great one. Once you can do everything in that post, Duna should be... well, it'll still be quite a daunting task. But you'll have a lot more tools in your toolbox to conquer it.

9 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Escape onto Kerbol orbit (sun's orbit) and burn at peri and usually you get an encounter.

If you need I can provide a ship to you which can easily get there. I can also help provide tips as needed where needed. Just PM me.

Ok ok! But i will make my own rocket so i could have Experience. But if it fails im going to ask your help!

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean fly to Duna?   Are you asking how to build a ship to fly to Duna?   Or how to plot a trajectory to Duna?

If you have a rocket capable of reaching the Mun and the ability to dock then you can build a ship, launched with your Mun rocket that can reach Duna.   If you haven't been to the Mun or docked then I suggest completing those feats first, you'll learn a great deal in the process. :)

Regardless, I have posted a link to a website I wish I had known about before visiting Duna and Eve for the first time.   It calculates planetary alignments and tells you the best way to fly between various planets and moons in KSP, its a big help!   Best of luck! :cool:

http://ksp.olex.biz/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.