Mechanical Mouse Industries - Kethane & Payload Packs Released!!!

Dani-Sang

Ehm... sorry about me spamming the thread with noob questions... but... why the heck my radar doesn't ondulates? it's only an --------------------------- on the whole map... h8uca.png

oh and also, sorry about the big image. if someone can tell me how to hide things, i'll be thankfull :)

PS: Sorry about the rushed image :S

EIDT: i let the radar like that for an while.. maybe 40 minutes or something

Edited by Andrezado

Ehm... sorry about me spamming the thread with noob questions... but... why the heck my radar doesn't ondulates? it's only an --------------------------- on the whole map...

Your 'radar' doesn't move because it's not a radar, but a high gain sensor that scans serveral meters below the surface for kethane pockets. You have to fly over every part of the planet you want to scan, it works only if the sensor is directly over the target, for maximum efficency. But those kethane pockets are way bigger than I first thought they were, so you wouldn't miss one even if you put the sim on 10x time warp and the line begins to break up in dots.

oh and also, sorry about the big image. if someone can tell me how to hide things, i'll be thankfull :)

Dude... :P You can hide Popup-windows by clicking on the same button that opened them. In your example:

Click the "Detecting"-button in the "Kethane Controller"-popup, and your "Detecting"-popup from the Kethane sensor will disappear. Futhermore, click on the black "Kethane Controller"-button at the top-right to hide the popup below it.

Also, the "MechJeb"-popup can be minimized by clicking on the button with the two arrows poiting right. :P

I hope I got your wrong and you actually meant all the stuff around your KSP window. You can put KSP to fullscreen mode in the settings from the main menu.

Yeah, I know how to hide things in KSP, but sorry about the stuff around the window xD Yes. I know how to put in fullscreen, but I was having an issue with printscreening at fullscreen.

EDIT: What you mean by flying everywhere on the planet? It means I have to go changing the orbit angule? I'm orbiting Kerbin for now

EDIT2: When i said "sorry about the big image..." i meant the image on the thread. I don't know how to 'SPOIL' it

Edited by Andrezado

Yeah, I know how to hide things in KSP, but sorry about the stuff around the window xD Yes. I know how to put in fullscreen, but I was having an issue with printscreening at fullscreen.

EDIT: What you mean by flying everywhere on the planet? It means I have to go changing the orbit angule? I'm orbiting Kerbin for now

EDIT2: When i said "sorry about the big image..." i meant the image on the thread. I don't know how to 'SPOIL' it

Write "["spoiler=SPOILER TITLE GOES HERE ] TEXT/IMAGE GOES HERE [/spoiler"]"

Remove the "

this is my example text

Andrezado, the F1 key takes a screenshot from within the game rather than having to do the OS-level screenshot like you're doing currently. It will get saved to a "screenshots" folder inside your KSP folder. If you want to also hide the GUI within the game, F2 hides all GUI elements, F2 again will put them back.

I am really loving this - the ability to mine, refine, and resupply is something I was looking forward to!

One oddity I've noticed (I apologize if this has already been discussed) is that the scanning map is kinda... upside-down. I have only tested scanning on Minmus so far, so this may be limited to there. Points scanned with negative latitudes show up in the upper half of the displayed map rather than the "southern" half.

Also, there was a potential enhancement I was wondering about - could the kethane converter also refill MMI batteries or Zoxygene batteries with "energy" and "power" fuel types?

We are aware that the map is flipped, funny we didn't realize that during bug testing.

We will eventually (when code is solid and strong enough) have a part that burns kethane and in exchange we will get electrical energy. Kreuzung's plugin will be used. But we are not going to support zoxygen since kethane --> zoxygen is a bit of an akward route.

There is one thing I just noticed: The radial mounted batteries of the satellite pack have a mass of 0.65MU. So far, so good. But why do they have a dryMass value of 0.01 and get lighter when drained? Did you forget to put dryMass also to 0.65 or is this actually a feature (which is unlikely)?

Good Catch and this was just a bad edit from my side. The current energy is still based of liquid fuel and I will be switching to Kreuzung's Energy Plugin which will give more features and a more solid code.

Hey Dani-Sang, it looks like MIT is building satellite thrusters based off of your engines ;)

Just thought everyone here might like to see that.

Tschüss!

-Nolam

I think they were before me ;)

Okay, thank all of you guys :)

What a wonderfull helpfull community do we have :).

---

Payload pack is released:

DUM6Q.png

Edited by Dani-Sang

But we are not going to support zoxygen since kethane --> zoxygen is a bit of an akward route.

But you could power the ZO2 filter with the electricity' date=' like ZO2 itself does. But then again, it uses EPS, not Electrical Energy.

Also, great that the payload pack is out!

[b']I think i know why your symmetry isn't working, the adapter doesn't have the 'stackSymmetry = 1' line 0=1, 1=2 etc

But you could power the ZO2 filter with the electricity, like ZO2 itself does. But then again, it uses EPS, not Electrical Energy.

Also, great that the payload pack is out!

I think i know why your symmetry isn't working, the adapter doesn't have the 'stackSymmetry = 1' line 0=1, 1=2 etc

If this would be the case, then I will eat my hat and bow to you XD.

The payload pack is what I've been waiting for. That's actually one of the few reasons I've kept the NovaPunch. The other reason is that for some reason Engineer can't calculate T/W for KW engines. Now I can get rid of that one too. Thanks again for another great mod, been happily using your SatPack for some time, now. Will look into Kethane soon.

The payload pack is what I've been waiting for. That's actually one of the few reasons I've kept the NovaPunch. The other reason is that for some reason Engineer can't calculate T/W for KW engines. Now I can get rid of that one too. Thanks again for another great mod, been happily using your SatPack for some time, now. Will look into Kethane soon.

Thank JonnyD, he made the payload pack ;)

Glad to see the symetry problem is out of the way now! ;D

I just wanted to protect one of my munar landar designs in your payload fairings when I properly understood the 1-2m and 2m adapters are just massive blocks. Is there any chance you can make them hollow like the ones from KW with multiple nodes to be able to put them 'around' e.g. an engine of a lander stage? They waste alot of space if you ask me, I like my rockets as compact as possible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.