[1.2, 1.3] KW Rocketry Redux 3.1.1.1 released

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, Matchlight said:

and did so as it told me and the engines work, but there are only a few of the engines, most of them are missing! This is a common issue I've had before which has put me off it before, anyway to fix this?

I don't think this is any known issue.  Try completely removing KW Rocketry and re-installing it.  If that doesn't work, we might be able to diagnose the problem based on KSP's log.  Instructions on how to find and upload that are in the first link in my signature.

16 hours ago, Matchlight said:

and did so as it told me and the engines work, but there are only a few of the engines, most of them are missing! This is a common issue I've had before which has put me off it before, anyway to fix this?

This sounds like a bad install of KW.

First, where did you get the file from, and which file, there are multiple?

Then, how did you install it?

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This sounds like a bad install of KW.

First, where did you get the file from, and which file, there are multiple?

Then, how did you install it?

I  downloaded from the first page of your thread, then dragged the KW rocketry file into Gamedata. Next I went through the instructions installing the instant power, by going into that Gamedata and dragging that into the main Gamedata.

Oh, well that's whats wrong.

Did you follow the Installation Instructions or the "Dummies" install?

I'm adding to this, if you only see a few lines, wait a few minutes and then refresh

Edited by linuxgurugamer

You've ended up with a bad install of KW.

Please read the document (either MS Word or PDF) called:  KW Redux Install for Dummies

it is much clearer than the text file.

But, to summarize, you do NOT put the entire contents of the zip file into the GameData directory.  

Unzip the downloaded file into a temporary directory, I'm going to call it tmpKW for now.  In tmpKW you will see two folders and some files:

Extras							File Folder
GameData						File Folder
Changelog
Credits
Installation Instructions
KW Redux Install for Dummies	Microsoft Word Document
KW Redux Install for Dummies	PDF File

Copy the contents of the GameData into the GameData of KSP.  There will be a single folder in there called KWRocketry

Now, go into tmpKW/Extras and you will see the following folders:

GraduatedPowerResponseConfigs
InstantPowerResponseConfigs
OldFARFairings
ReduceClampSounds (Recommended)
Subassemblies for default (procedural) fairings
Subassemblies for legacy FAR compatible fairings

Now, go into the InstantPowerResponseConfigs folder, you will see another GameData folder, go into that as well

There will be another KWRocketry folder, drag this into the KSP GameData directory

You should now have a working installation.

Hi Everybody,

I've started work on rebalancing the tanks and masses in KW.  Now, I don't want to break everybody's game out there, so I'm thinking of two different methods of releasing this:

1. Changes will be done via MM script.  This MM script would be a separate download via CKAN (will be in same file, but will need to select it as an optional install)
  2. New version of KW

Looking for input.

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi Everybody,

I've started work on rebalancing the tanks and masses in KW.  Now, I don't want to break everybody's game out there, so I'm thinking of two different methods of releasing this:

1. Changes will be done via MM script.  This MM script would be a separate download via CKAN (will be in same file, but will need to select it as an optional install)
  2. New version of KW

Looking for input.

I've yet to download KW (still on KSP 1.1.2) so, for me there would be no craft breaking. 

I raise my voice for all new rebalanced version.

Edit:

Too fast, forgot half of what I wanted to say:

"I raise my voice for a all new rebalanced version of KW and a MM_Patch to make it backwards compatible for people not wanting the new balance."

Beacause: I think at some point a mod should make a cut and go forward - like a fresh start with no need for patches and fixes.

Edited by maculator
reasons

3 minutes ago, maculator said:

I raise my voice for all new rebalanced version.

Edit:

Too fast, forgot half of what I wanted to say:

"I raise my voice for a all new rebalanced version of KW and a MM_Patch to make it backwards compatible for people not wanting the new balance."

Beacause: I think at some point a mod should make a cut and go forward - like a fresh start with no need for patches and fixes.

Of course, someone would propose a third option :D

Bah.... New Version? Why not? For those of us in the middle of a career/whatever that heavily relies on KW, we could just 'not' download a new version?

When we start a new save, then 'Boom!' download the new version. That's the only way I've kept my current playthrough going so long....

Oh @linuxgurugamer there is a thing that came to my mind while playing with KW:

Can you make a patch for B9PartSwitch to change the KW fairings between white and black?

This is something that I would find verry asthetically pleasing but since I'm a noob it would take me quite some hours of trial and error to figure it out :S

8 minutes ago, maculator said:

Oh @linuxgurugamer there is a thing that came to my mind while playing with KW:

Can you make a patch for B9PartSwitch to change the KW fairings between white and black?

This is something that I would find verry asthetically pleasing but since I'm a noob it would take me quite some hours of trial and error to figure it out :S

Recoloring would require making a new set of textures.

9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looking for input.

given how much stuff you work on, I would say go with whichever option is easier for you to maintain! I think a MM sounds easier. From my standpoint as a user either one works

2 minutes ago, maculator said:

Hmm okay I thought the fairing texture from the 5m black would at least fit to the 5m white one.

If someone else does it, I'll be happy to include it, but not something I'm interested in doing myself.

Tomorrow I'll see what happens if I just change the texture path to fairings_diff_KWBlack.dds. For me it looks like this should just work fine. But I understand that this is nothing anyone without a fetish for black fairings would be interested :)

2 hours ago, maculator said:

Hmm okay I thought the fairing texture from the 5m black would at least fit to the 5m white one.

They actually both use the same texture, but are mapped to different areas of it.  So changing the texture won't do anything.

2 hours ago, maculator said:

Tomorrow I'll see what happens if I just change the texture path to fairings_diff_KWBlack.dds. For me it looks like this should just work fine. But I understand that this is nothing anyone without a fetish for black fairings would be interested :)

Hmm, looking at this, that's a texture designed for the stock procedural fairing module.  There's no way to switch those textures on the same part, but you can duplicate the part and use it (the stock fairing module defines what texture it uses in the config)

8 hours ago, blowfish said:

Recoloring would require making a new set of textures.

5 hours ago, blowfish said:

They actually both use the same texture, but are mapped to different areas of it.  So changing the texture won't do anything.

nQGIxj5.png

Even I had verry competent help I failed to make the textures switchable, it just refuses to work...

So I made them all black because of personal preferences. If someone wants to mess arround with the fairing colors too here are the patches that will do that for you:

Spoiler

//KW_Fairings_ALL_black
@PART[KW*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]{
	@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]{
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWBlack
	}
}

//KW_Fairings_ALL_white
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWWhite
	}
}

//KW_Fairings_ALL_stock
		%TextureURL = Squad/Parts/Aero/fairings/fairings_diff
	}
}

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

//ALL_Fairings_black
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]{
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWBlack
	}
}

//ALL_Fairings_white
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleProceduralFairing]]{
		%TextureURL = KWRocketry/Parts/FairingBases/KWFairingBase/fairings_diff_KWWhite
	}
}

first 3 patches alter KW fairings to be either(!) all black/white/stock, so you can choose 1. And the last two patches just make all(!) fairings black or white.

If someone can make a use of it at least my work wasn't waste of time at all.