1.1 is seriously bugged, but comes it as a surprise...

Temeter

Sneaky Vanamonde, quoting me without 'quoting' me eh?

When I'm disagreeing with someone, I generally do not attribute the quote. It seems less confrontational that way, and I'm emphasizing that I'm disagreeing with the thought rather than the person. 

I think a lot of people are being accused of taking sides when actually what they're saying is 'wrong is wrong'. 

Declaring something to be "wrong" and calling for action against it when you have no real information on the matter IS taking sides, You're taking the side of the accusers. 

I don't have a company, in fact I happen to be long-term unemployed. Since you're all strangers and have no power over me, I don't care what rulings you come to about that. Then again, my situation doesn't directly affect the opportunities and reputation of others, and even if it did none of you have contributed to my wealth and power by buying my products. 

So you're immune to internet attacks. Squad isn't. All the more reason not to launch one without good reason. 

Repeating for emphasis: 

Then again, my situation doesn't directly affect the opportunities and reputation of others... 

However, you are calling for people to affect Squad in this very fashion. Have you bothered to think through the ramifications of the action you're calling for? Let's say you manage to damage Squad's earnings and they have to lay off some of the people you claim to be championing. Where will your good intentions be then? 

I think it's worth realising that Squad's reputation isn't damaged by people saying 'naughty is naughty', it's damaged by Squad being naughty and people noticing.

This assumes that Squad has in fact done something wrong. Again and again, you are assuming that you know what really has happened, and proceeding as if this is established fact, and calling for action against it. This is reckless.  

If Squad haven't been naughty, all they need to do is go on being nice and no damage done. 

This is an absurd statement. You yourself are calling for action to damage Squad's reputation and business. If they haven't been "naughty," that is an unearned punishment which cannot be magically undone. 

In short, your actions have consequences, and it's irresponsible for you to agitate in favor of punishing some people for something you don't actually know whether they did in the first place. 

Just to add my two cents:

It's true that Squad needs to improve their working conditions and the dev's pay, but as a community we're not even supposed to know these in the first place. Even if we did attempt rustling Squad about it, chances are they won't listen (citiation needed) because after all, it's their workplace.

Now, I'm not on either side, but there's not much point to the argument; Both sides are right and wrong in some ways, and maybe this thread may be for the better by telling Squad that "hey, we heard that your working conditions aren't so nice, maybe you could improve them" but not at the cost of wild arguments and attacks. After all, what's there to discuss about this matter as a community?

As Vanamonde said, we don't know everything, just a few words said by a former Squad employee, so again, this argument is circling around. There's no right or wrong answer, it's just a matter of how people want to perceive his words.

Also:

5pbXIvP.gif

Edited by Columbia

@FullMetalMachinist You're absolutely right. Enough reputational damage has been done with this one and it's actually seemingly solved nothing whatsoever.

I wish I had never reawoken the Kraken with my post on this one. I would like to humbly apologise to all concerned, including Squad for raising the Kraken with this one. It was stupid of me to think that the internet could be a place for reasoned discourse and support in affecting change.