The truth about mods...

WARNING! Do not posts that are rude,idiotic,or mean.The truth about mods...ah yes mods...a great but terrible thing, mods are like cheating...Lets hope YOU know better than to trust mods.Sorry,but that is true,mods sometimes break-down your computer and use a lot of space.We also know only too well that mods sometimes break ksp,some of the ones that use a lot of Fps. Lets hope that'll teach you.:cool:7b0FPaO.jpg

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman
Well i wanted to add a 'protest against mod pic'.

1 hour ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

The truth about software...ah yes software...a great but terrible thing, software is like cheating...Lets hope YOU know better than to trust software.Sorry,but that is true,software sometimes breaks-down your computer and use a lot of space.We also know only too well that software sometimes break ksp,some of the ones that use a lot of Fps. Lets hope that'll teach you.

Fixed that for you :)

Edited by p1t1o

Using a mod is not cheating, it's customising. There are still rules, they're just different rules.

KSP would pretty hard to cheat at anyway. For one thing it's single-player, so cheating gets you an advantage over... uh... yourself when you're not cheating? For another, it's basically a space mission simulator - so are all simulators cheating?

I mean, actually, what the hell would be the point of cheating at KSP? To see all the planets faster? Just spend a bit of time on youtube!

Saying mods are cheating is something that could be debated, and excluding self-proclaimed cheat mods such as Hyperedit and Vessel Mover, many mod authors like to try and balance their mods towards the stock game.

The rest of that is something any modder is already aware of. That's like telling us air exists.

If mods are cheating, then any modern pilot flying anything more advanced than a Sopwith Camel are also big cheatypants too. As are 100% of astronauts. Mobile phones are cheating. Owning a computer is cheating. Playing KSP is cheating - if you want entertainment, real men just think fun thoughts.

But I don't think thats OPs main point, it seems that it is something like - making mods is somehow...untrustworthy/immoral? That 3rd party software is some kind of scam?

KSP is the easle and mods are the paint. Some players like stock and very basic orbital/aerodynamic physics, while some people like real fuel with insulated tanks, real scale solar systems, actual concern with delta-V and TWR, real-time replica craft performing real-time replica missions, etc.

Mods provide us the opportunity to either enjoy the game as-is, or to customize it however we see fit based on personal preference. The amount of mods and impact they have on performance in-game is 9/10 times based on the computer you're playing on. I can rock RO/RSS with high res textures without OpenGL and run a pretty reliable save file, but then I also have a decently set up computer. 

Mods are good. If you don't like them, don't use them. I'm a Cheater McCheatyPants because I like the challenge of realistic rocketry after spending 200+ hours playing stock. I still enjoy the simplicity of stock every now and then though. 

Edited by Kerbin vonKerbal

5 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

The truth about mods...ah yes mods...a great but terrible thing, mods are like cheating...Lets hope YOU know better than to trust mods.Sorry,but that is true,mods sometimes break-down your computer and use a lot of space.We also know only too well that mods sometimes break ksp,some of the ones that use a lot of Fps. Lets hope that'll teach you.:cool:

Whatever did I do without this pearl of wisdom utter waste of bandwidth? Zero stars. Dislike. Ignore list.

Don't want to get into that, but in what regards are mods that more than triple dV requirements, force you to use life support for your kerbals not to die, make reentry actually dangerous... cheating ?

BTW, using 50-60 mods and my KSP is fine, thank you

Edited by Gaarst

5 hours ago, Atlas2342 said:

KSP also crashes your computer and uses lots of space sometimes...Should I stop playing KSP? :P (The answer is NO)...

I'd be worried if KSP crashes the computer. This is supposed to be user-level code and not kernel-level code, or does KSP include some kernel drivers now?

If KSP is crashing the computer as opposed to crashing itself, I'd start updating graphics drivers or even replacing graphics cards if fixes aren't available. Especially on Windows, where the majority of OS crashes are from non-MS drivers or other non-MS kernel-level code these days.

(Why yes, I'm pedantic and sensitive about that sort of thing. Comes from 20+ years of IT and being told my systems suck when they don't.)

oh noes, a new player has entered the [MODS ARE CHEATING] game.

quick, use your cheat buttons to kill the new player!!!

4 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Don't want to get into that, but in what regards are mods that more than triple dV requirements, force you to use life support for your kerbals not to die, make reentry actually dangerous... cheating ?

BTW, using 50-60 mods and my KSP is fine, thank you

im closer to 80.  and am almost finished with my new large scale kerbin station.  almost 600 parts and running at 30fps.

im fine too.

Who is there to warn? Virtually everybody at the point of installing mods understands that adding anything to even non-KSP folders slows things down, not to mention adding things to the KSP folders.

10 hours ago, Jeb-head-mug kerman said:

The truth about mods...ah yes mods...a great but terrible thing, mods are like cheating...Lets hope YOU know better than to trust mods.Sorry,but that is true,mods sometimes break-down your computer and use a lot of space.We also know only too well that mods sometimes break ksp,some of the ones that use a lot of Fps. Lets hope that'll teach you.:cool:

The horror!

I fear you'll next tell me that Squad allow mods, but don't actually provide support for them!