1.1.3 Hype Train: Branch Line Edition

Whirligig Girl

On June 11, 2016 at 7:19 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

A Buzzsaw Aerospace VF-13 'Saber" will provide defense from Dres hoaxers and Krakens! #DresIsALie!!!!

And you want a discount for hating Dres?!? I have SwordFish fighters! And they can go fly at hypersonic speeds! And they also work in space (if you can get them there because they aren't sstos), so your stations are in trouble too! get him!!!

It's not a mop! You're lieing! 

TheLieIsALie!!! 

CLASS E ASTEROIDS TO THE FACE!!!

On 6/11/2016 at 11:49 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

A Buzzsaw Aerospace VF-13 'Saber" will provide defense from Dres hoaxers and Krakens! #DresIsALie!!!!

9 hours ago, max_creative said:

And you want a discount for hating Dres?!? I have SwordFish fighters! And they can go fly at hypersonic speeds! And they also work in space (if you can get them there because they aren't sstos), so your stations are in trouble too! get him!!!

It's not a mop! You're lieing! 

TheLieIsALie!!! 

CLASS E ASTEROIDS TO THE FACE!!!

This is not the thread for the totally-not-roleplay Dres/Anti-Dres nonsense. Take it elsewhere, please.

Just now, WildLynx said:

We are not going anywhere. The locomotive cannot be activated while stowed.

The feels. Maybe we should have used a rocket sled instead of a wheeled locomotive.

On 6/10/2016 at 6:57 AM, GregroxMun said:

We're leaving the Gresley A3 in the sheds, because the rails on the branchline are not strong enough for a huge engine like that. Instead we have a GWR 14xx, I think. What a respectable engine.

Since when is any 4-6-2 a huge engine? And since when is a pile of tank engine like that respectable? Who appointed you the hype train driver?

Er... sorry. I will agnrily insult try to refrain from insulting European trains and get all butthurt instead make a friendly, constructive suggestion. I suggest that the existing Hype Train be re-powered with the following:

latest?cb=20160130014225

This is the PRR T-1. You'll notice she's streamlined for maximum hype in any atmosphere. The duplex drive delivers 6,550 hp (hype power) to the rails at speeds up to 120 mph (m .

Of course, the T-1 is very heavy and large so we need a branchline backup. For this I suggest the Southern Pacific T-31:

2353-11.jpg

With a light axle loading of only 55,000 lbs, this little beauty can handle small to medium loads of hype over even the lightest of branch line trackage.

Or I could make my own Hype Train for those of us on this side of the pond, but I thought I'd at least suggest it here before doing such a thing.

Wait... Its 2016 not 2012.. Whats this ticket thing? No opal card readers?

You dont want easily obtainable easy to use paper tickets... Everyone will get in..look at all the bugs that got in last time! 

They all boarded the hype train!

Atleast with opal cards (oystercard etc)

The readers wont work and less bugs get in

5 hours ago, ruiluth said:

Since when is any 4-6-2 a huge engine? And since when is a pile of tank engine like that respectable? Who appointed you the hype train driver?

Er... sorry. I will agnrily insult try to refrain from insulting European trains and get all butthurt instead make a friendly, constructive suggestion. I suggest that the existing Hype Train be re-powered with the following:

latest?cb=20160130014225

This is the PRR T-1. You'll notice she's streamlined for maximum hype in any atmosphere. The duplex drive delivers 6,550 hp (hype power) to the rails at speeds up to 120 mph (m .

Of course, the T-1 is very heavy and large so we need a branchline backup. For this I suggest the Southern Pacific T-31:

2353-11.jpg

With a light axle loading of only 55,000 lbs, this little beauty can handle small to medium loads of hype over even the lightest of branch line trackage.

Or I could make my own Hype Train for those of us on this side of the pond, but I thought I'd at least suggest it here before doing such a thing.

By British standards, a 4-6-2 is a decently huge engine. We use British Loading Gauge, because transitioning the billions of kilometers of track and infrastructure from the early days of the Hype Train Railways to a larger loading gauge would be hugely expensive. Those EA guys have found enough money to transition to a larger loading gauge, but the Indie line is dirt cheap and poor. The branch line doubly so. The rails are literally made from wood in some places. HypeWood, but still. Wood.

Also, you're right. That 14xx tank engine is not respectable. It is Sagacious.

There's also the important fact that the engine looks like whatever you want it to. Just imagine it's a PRR T-1 and it will be. Incidentally, I *am* on your side of the pond. I just like British trains better. You can blame Reverend Wilbert Awdry for that.

Edited by GregroxMun

3 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

You can blame Reverend Wilbert Awdry for that.

+1 for the Rev. Peep-peep!

@ruiluth British locomotives have an impressive list of steam-powered world firsts/world records. But anyway, the Hype-Train isn't steam-powered, it's Hype powered. If u got a real GWR 14xx/48xx or even a PRR T-1, and tried to run it on pure hype... well. That would NOT be a really useful engine.

Edited by The_Rocketeer

And here I sit, one who likes both British and American steam locomotives equally.  I think the British knew what they were doing in the looks and functionality departments, with big trains for their location (People, keep in mind the size of the countries here for a moment.  A 4-6-2 in American terms is small, but then look at the size of America versus Britain, and suddenly that 4-6-2 is huge.) and those big trains looked awesome pulling coaches behind them.  They pulled big trains for the distances they had to travel, and those big trains needed big locomotives.

On the flipside, the Americans built trains for their country: Huge expanses, large plains, massive mountains.  Looks were secondary, performance was everything.  It's why you see trains like the Union Pacific Challenger, the Big Boy, and some of these massive 4-8-4, 4-8-2, 2-10-0 arrangements.  We could afford the space for the huge turning circles of these locomotives, and we needed to haul more people from coast to coast.  We had to haul more cargo from coast to coast.  It wouldn't have been cost effective to use four or five smaller trains (each with their own crews) to do the job that a bigger locomotive could do better.

As for diesels, well... They all look the same, don't they?  Sure, some are built for freight and are boxy and ugly, but super functional, but any passenger diesel looks about the same.

Hello everyone! if you look to your left, you will see the Devnotes, where we will be briefly pausing to pick up some more hype coal.

Edit: Augh! I went to actually build the train in the SPH and my game crashed!!

Edited by RocketSquid