1.1.3 Hype Train: Branch Line Edition

Whirligig Girl

@teag2 @pandaman

Theres other builders of Hype Trains :)

Last time I built a dedicated one..flaming exhaust..exploding wheels.. It was actually fortelling what cometh..

Explosions..trains in great distress detonating on loading with near escape velocity force.. 

It was a sad time and aided in the retirement of 44 and 40 class diesel electric workhorses in favor for KSC roving Kotto trains powered by RTGs limited to 10ms

I dont want to put a hex on 1.1.3 via train abuse and accidently summon demonic bugs such as exploding wheels..white space.. or perhaps the complete reversal of gravity.. Bugs so horrible and yet no one noticed..

Rcs might have stock sounds that play christmas songs as a feature

Not again :)

Im happy with my KSC passenger shuttles..a safe haven until we know more about just what 1.1.3 isnt going to break that worked well before :P

3 hours ago, Madrias said:

As for diesels, well... They all look the same, don't they?  Sure, some are built for freight and are boxy and ugly, but super functional, but any passenger diesel looks about the same.

Well, not strictly a diesel, but check out this beautiful Gas Turbine prototype British Rail produced in the 50s: the GT3. At the time railways in the UK were best suited to steam-loco chassis, so they went and built this on the BR Standard 5MT chassis, a 4-6-0 complete with tender for fuel :) If only they'd put this into production and saved us from the horrible British diesels that followed...

gas_turbine_loco_on_shap.jpg

10 hours ago, maranble14 said:

As hyped as I wanna get, I'm not looking forward to the wait time for mods to get updated :(

Don't worry, when they are updated they are even more fabulous then the previous version. At least it isn't like minecraft where most mods never updated past 1.7.10 :(

Oh and @Dman979 I bought a ticket too :D how did you get ten? These things cost like 50,000 funds and ten boosters!

On 6/15/2016 at 3:27 PM, RocketSquid said:

Hello everyone! if you look to your left, you will see the Devnotes, where we will be briefly pausing to pick up some more hype coal.

Edit: Augh! I went to actually build the train in the SPH and my game crashed!!

I already built one. But if you want to build your own, two hype trains are better than one.

bAYmdbm.png

14 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

This update will be full of bugfixes, not anything else, right?

Yep, pretty much, if there's anything else being thrown in I haven't seen it announced anywhere.

22 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

Oh and @Dman979 I bought a ticket too :D how did you get ten? These things cost like 50,000 funds and ten boosters!

Like I said, it's alway cheaper to buy in bulk. Boosters, fuel, kerbonauts: you name it, bulk is better.

On 6/15/2016 at 6:33 PM, The_Rocketeer said:

Well, not strictly a diesel, but check out this beautiful Gas Turbine prototype British Rail produced in the 50s: the GT3. At the time railways in the UK were best suited to steam-loco chassis, so they went and built this on the BR Standard 5MT chassis, a 4-6-0 complete with tender for fuel :) If only they'd put this into production and saved us from the horrible British diesels that followed...

gas_turbine_loco_on_shap.jpg

My god, she's beautiful. Unlike standard diesel locomotives, she actually looks alive. I might have to speak with the Hype Train Management and get them to purchase one of them.

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

My god, she's beautiful. Unlike standard diesel locomotives, she actually looks alive. I might have to speak with the Hype Train Management and get them to purchase one of them.

@GregroxMun So sad to tell u that only 1 was ever produced, and she became a lunch-shed at the Vulcan works where she was built after an accident at Crewe where she struck and damaged a platform, and was eventually scrapped.

All that being said, the fact that the platform came off worse than the loco says Hype-Train all over to me!