Easier Planet (or vessel too) Targeting

How well does the targeting system work for you?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How often in map view do you experience issues targeting...?

• Vessels- enough I'd call it an issue
    • Vessels-none/not enough I'd call it an issue
    • Bodies- enough I'd call it an issue
    • Bodies- none/not enough I'd call it an issue
    • Both- enough I'd call it an issue
    • Both- none/not enough I'd call it an issue

I often find the mouse wheel acrobatics to get everything just right really tedious. With multiple craft around a body it can become almost impossible, unless extremely close, to set a planet or moon as the target. Generally the issue is that it seems to favor a vessel rather than the body but I am curious to see how some others feel it works for them.

Edited by Glaran K'erman

Targeting a vessel or a body that has inclination causes the intersect marker to rapidly flash on and off along different spots in the orbit. 

The intersect marker can indicate a 100 km separation and then just vanish when making small adjustments to the maneuver.

Using the new feature to pin the intersect marker is great until it disappears and then it needs to be re-pinned.

So many things are borked with targeting and no one talking complaining about it I just assumed it was another bad Mac client thing like brakes not holding on.

Still if we are going to talk about targeting. Yes could use some improvement. Try targeting a rescue craft from an EVA Kerbal just after leaving the broken craft to know just how broken it is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.