KSP is Turning 5.

RAINCRAFTER

On June 24, 2011, Harvestr released the very first version of Kerbal Space Program accessible to the public on the Orbiter forums. It was a hit, garnering over 5000 downloads. Ever since, KSP has gotten more and more features, developers, and quality. Now, in three days, all of that time, second after eminent second, will add up to five years. The development of KSP has been beautiful and stunning at some points, yet agonizing and painful at others. However, no matter what happens, I do know that people will cling onto this game. The community will find any way possible to talk about KSP to other fans, family, or friends. The new developers will be dedicated to making KSP great, just like the old ones. We will all stick together, no matter what happens, and we will be together to the very end. I came out of hiatus here because I saw that there wasn't a high-ranking thread talking about any of this. Any of it. Not the flow of time, or our devotion to the game. So, I decided that it was my duty to let people understand the significance of June 24, 2016, A.D. as a date in the indefinite cycle of history, and to show people how our love for the community works. So, thank you KSP. Thank you Kraken. Thank you Felipe, Squad, Steam Board Mods, Forum Mods, Reddit Mods, Advanced Builders, Artists, and even Rookies. You are the ones that make KSP as special as it is. Thank You. :Hail Probe:

4 minutes ago, Alshain said:

I guess it depends on where you start marking it from.  Most people count early access as part of the development cycle, which means KSP is 1, not 5.

How long did you use to play, Al?

5 minutes ago, cantab said:

Wonder if Squad will do anything cool for the occasion? I suppose being a Friday counted it out as the 1.1.3 release date. Maybe a new official mod to celebrate?

Dude... 1.1.3 was released a few hours before you posted this comment.. 

But then i would have loved to see a celebration of sorts from the team at Squad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.