Pressing harder on the keys should change attitude faster

45 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I want to build rockets by just imagining them.  Then I want them to fly where I want by just imagining it.  Basically, I just want Kerbal Daydream Program.

I invented that years ago. Just close your eyes, play, and pay me $39.99

On 12/07/2016 at 6:43 PM, klgraham1013 said:

I was disappointed when no one utilized the pressure sensitive buttons on the dual shock 2. (?)  A great hidden feature that had potential.

I seem to remember plenty did. In Gran Turismo (edit: 4) I could get less than full throttle by being gentle on the button.

Edited by cantab

5 minutes ago, Gman_builder said:

I find your lack of other references disturbing

2 hours ago, Andem said:

I find your perpetuation of this joke... disturbing.

On 12/07/2016 at 7:35 PM, THX1138 said:

A much needed UI fix would rotate my craft more quickly when I press the keyboard keys harder because clearly the situation is quite urgent.

This as well as gamepads that recognise my leaning to the side to mean "go more that way" and PC's that unfreeze when shouted at :)

Edited by purpleivan

On 17-7-2016 at 8:47 AM, Van Disaster said:

Perhaps an accelerometer in the case, so the game aborts when you kick it.

I can already see the first slam-tilt-dock maneuver when that feature comes out.

The obvious solution here is, of course, VR goggles. Many come with 2 handheld controllers that could be used to direct your vessel in the same way the ground handlers at the airport wave those orange sticks around.

To go faster you wave your arms faster... to go really fast you wave your arms and shake them - I mean put your body into it. The motion detectors will intuitively interpret these control cues.

If you need to stop abruptly then you simply fling your body backwards as violently as possible and hope you correctly remembered where the couch is.

Vice Versa

Let me think of the idea by controlling my car only with digital Input.

Only full throttle or full brake and digitally full left or full right.

Driveability would only apply if the Tires would have the right slipping behaviour. could'lly be noisy

31 minutes ago, Sirad said:

Vice Versa

Driveability would only apply if the Tires would have the right slipping behaviour. could'lly be noisy

Driving games were like that back in the day. Pulse width modulation FTW!

13 hours ago, Gorby1 said:

The obvious solution here is, of course, VR goggles. Many come with 2 handheld controllers that could be used to direct your vessel in the same way the ground handlers at the airport wave those orange sticks around.

To go faster you wave your arms faster... to go really fast you wave your arms and shake them - I mean put your body into it. The motion detectors will intuitively interpret these control cues.

If you need to stop abruptly then you simply fling your body backwards as violently as possible and hope you correctly remembered where the couch is.

And then Squad could market the game as a physical fitness program... With the way that some of us play this game, we'd be either physically fit or die of a heart attack... :D

6 hours ago, Sirad said:

Vice Versa

Wait - there's another way of using the throttle & brake? part throttle is for h&t downshifts, surely!

Edited by Van Disaster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.