Can you recommend my any mod that bring my more realistic telemetry in real time?

Is telemachus still being updated?  I believe that is supposed to be used with more than 1 person (think Mission Control = telemachus and KSP = craft), but I would imagine if you have a second monitor, you could just watch that on your 2nd monitor while you play.

4 minutes ago, Ignath said:

Is telemachus still being updated?  I believe that is supposed to be used with more than 1 person (think Mission Control = telemachus and KSP = craft), but I would imagine if you have a second monitor, you could just watch that on your 2nd monitor while you play.

Well we could use anyone who want's to be part of a realistic mission control as a part of Real Space Program (link in sig).

1 minute ago, AlamoVampire said:

@ZooNamedGames Ker is inferior to the clearly superior MechJeb. If autopilot is cheating then NASA, ESA, JAXA, ROSCOSMOS and every military and civilian aviation industry on the PLANET is cheating.

MJ provides what he asked for with the addition of providing a tool ker lacks. Tedium removal via autopilot.

NASA has to create their own codes in order to perform these actions, something achievable with kOS. Mechjeb2 is a continuous solution without creators effort. If the Grumman team responsible for the development of the Apollo Lunar Module could've taken that route then Apollo 8 would have been what Apollo 9 was but much sooner.

I disagree, KER provides more info whereas MJ2 provides more functions such as docking, attitude alignment autopilots and so on. Informationally it's inferior.

21 minutes ago, Ignath said:

It is and can be found here

I like to use it on my tablet over the network. It`s like one of the displays from the cockpit is here in the real world.

You`ll need to fit a G-sensor if you want a graph of G-force, same if you want a temperature graph you will need a thermometer and so on.

VOID - Vessel Orbital Information Display is a very much viable alternative to EITHER MJ or KER for telemetry... So :P pphhhttttt, KER & MJ users/bashers...

It doesnt have the dV tools in editor that KER has, nor does it have all the autopilot functions, or flight computer that MJ has, but it shows just as much, if not MORE data points in-flight, and if you want straight up, in-flight telemtery, with a VERY, more customizable display window than either KER or MJ, then VOID is IT... PLUS, it has none, one, two, or up to three small HUDs that can be customized, AND repositioned anywhere on your screen...

It also has several "skins" for the display window(s), and IIRC, the HUD color is also switchable...

30 minutes ago, Ignath said:

Actually, @tcannonfodder has just released a working version... Telemachus can do more than what you said above...

Think of it as a way to:

1) display not only telemetry, but useable CONTROLS, on displays other than your main computer screen
2) it can display on:

• a second screen running directly off your computer
  • a second COMPUTER/display, somehow connected by wire or wirelessly to your main KSP computer
  • a wireless device, such as phone, tablet, laptop, etc, connected to your home network (even better if its a touch screen)
  • allows other users to access the telemetry/controls over the internet, from a remote location (though I'm not sure on how they get to interface with your live instance of KSP itself)

@ZooNamedGames Once the code begins its run, its AUTOMATICALLY doing things with little user interfacing or interference. Thus is what an autopilot is. Its a set of code that once the desired behaviors are PROGRAMMED in, set to engage its doing its job. We can thus infer mission control is sending programs to mechjeb. 

As to it being informationaly inferior I disagree completely. It has enough custom options to give information overload. Ive seen das use ker enough to know for a swear on a bible before a judge in court fact that MJ can when in the correct configuration delivery 99.9999999% of what ker can. 

So, given this, MJ is STILL superior. If for what ever reason you, our OP or anyone else enjoys the same flight profile hundreds of times, baby sitting long burns or maneuver nodes or any other tedium have at it. 

I for one enjoy being able to tell my ship go to X orbit, hitting engage autopilot then walking off to tend to irl as my vessel does its thing. Or telling it to get to 15 meters of a target and hold while I deal with something else like a diff launch. Or telling it to dock while i watch from the station as it comes in. 

2 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

@ZooNamedGames Once the code begins its run, its AUTOMATICALLY doing things with little user interfacing or interference. Thus is what an autopilot is. Its a set of code that once the desired behaviors are PROGRAMMED in, set to engage its doing its job. We can thus infer mission control is sending programs to mechjeb. 

As to it being informationaly inferior I disagree completely. It has enough custom options to give information overload. Ive seen das use ker enough to know for a swear on a bible before a judge in court fact that MJ can when in the correct configuration delivery 99.9999999% of what ker can. 

So, given this, MJ is STILL superior. If for what ever reason you, our OP or anyone else enjoys the same flight profile hundreds of times, baby sitting long burns or maneuver nodes or any other tedium have at it. 

I for one enjoy being able to tell my ship go to X orbit, hitting engage autopilot then walking off to tend to irl as my vessel does its thing. Or telling it to get to 15 meters of a target and hold while I deal with something else like a diff launch. Or telling it to dock while i watch from the station as it comes in. 

He doesn't want an autopilot, he wants telemetry. KER is superior as it has the same information and MORE than MJ2 provides. Das must not be using KER to it's full potential, as I can land a man on the moon using the numbers from KER.

However MJ2 is a babies tool for success. It's a one button win. If he wants something REALISTIC over SIMPLISTIC, kOS would be a better option.

30 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

However MJ2 is a babies tool for success. It's a one button win.

It's like we've stepped back three years in time.

Edited by regex

TO put the MJ/KER war to rest, I have used both, and tweaked both of their in-flight telemetry displays... They are SOOO close to displaying 100% of the same info, its ridiculous to argue one over the other solely on the basis of in-flight data display. VOID also displays so close to 100% of that same data its ALSO ridiculous... :)

Please stop arguing one is better than the other based on false information, or that one is "cheaty" and one is not...

You SHOULD be basing your decision on which to use based on KER has better editor info (ie dV calculations per stage), or MJ has the multitude of autopilot functions (which the user can choose to use all or none, or one or two for specifc things ie docking, or maneuver planning), as well as a flight computer.... OR VOID for a more customizable in-flight display than either KER or MJ, with customizable HUDs, which NEITHER KER or MJ have...

SO they all display the SAME EXACT info... The only real differences between the three, DO NOT EVEN OVERLAP!!... So they are not mutually exclusive... Many times I run all three mods at once... Again, I prefer the HUD displays of VOID, sometimes I need the in-editor dV calculator, and many times I need a couple of the autopilot functions... The flight computer is nice, too, for quick attitude changes and position holds... Click one button, and your ship rolls the proper direction, and holds there... SO cheaty... :)

Again, if you read the OP and think about it, the question was about in-flight data display (telemetry).... IMHO, all three mods do the job equally well, so  not really a place for a KER/MJ flame war again...

51 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

However MJ2 is a babies tool for success.

I was with you until you said that insult.  Plenty of people using MJ2 know perfectly well how to do all the things it's doing.   It's *possible* to use it in the unrealistic way where you use it to do a thing your space agency (you) never learned how to do (unrealistic because then who the heck designed the autopilot?).  But that doesn't mean that's the only way it gets used. The notion that it's primary purpose is to succeed at a thing you don't know how to succeed at yourself is kind of insulting to a lot of players who aren't using it that way.

(and kOS still automates a lot for you.  It just lets you assemble the building blocks it provides into the final finished product.  It's akin to making rockets in the VAB - you don't have to know the engineering that goes into making the parts.)

As one of the kOS devs, please don't use kOS to be an insulting jerk to everyone who uses MJ2.  There's lots of different reasons people use it and you're presuming motivations with blanket statements.  First off, not everyone uses it as a replacement for their own knowledge in the way you imply, and secondly, even if they were, there'd still be the "play the game how you like" argument.  I mean, one could make the argument that KER is for babies because it lets people see the delta-V of their rocket designs regardless of whether or not they know the math themselves.  As someone who *does* know it, I still use it because the tedium of writing down all the necessary numbers from the user interface onto a scratch paper, then running through the formula, each and every time I add or subtract something from the rocket design, isn't fun.

1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

MechJeb is cheating, KER is cheating, not using them is cheating, etc.

Now that that's settled, can we please just discuss OP's request for flight telemetry? 

Moderating is cheating :wink: . But sure.

As I said to the OP, I suggest KER.

4 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

KER doesn't do data logging like the OP is looking for, but MechJeb does. Seems like MJ would be a better fit for the OP.

(I use both, FWIW.)

KER does record the maximum G Force and has a reset button, it's kind of like a Trip Odometer in your car.  I'm not trying to get into the MJ vs KER argument (I really don't care), I just wanted to clarify that it does have that much data logging.

Edited by Alshain

3 minutes ago, Alshain said:

KER does record the maximum G Force and has a reset button, it's kind of like a Trip Odometer in your car.  I'm not trying to get into the MJ vs KER argument (I really don't care), I just wanted to clarify that it does have that much data logging.

I was not aware of that feature, neat! TIL.

13 hours ago, John FX said:

It is and can be found here

I like to use it on my tablet over the network. It`s like one of the displays from the cockpit is here in the real world.

You`ll need to fit a G-sensor if you want a graph of G-force, same if you want a temperature graph you will need a thermometer and so on.

I occasionally use it the same way.

Using an old tablet (android 2.2!) with browser in border-less full-screen.

Since it's on wifi I can watch my crafts from anywhere in the apartment :wink:

3 hours ago, HarvesteR211 said:

Does KER give maxQ readout?

It does not.  Though you could probably request it, @cybutek is pretty good about adding stuff like that and it's really a pretty straight forward calculation.  MaxQ only gained relevance in 1.0 (without FAR) so it's something that hasn't quite found its way into KER yet.

Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.