[1.2] Galileo's Planet Pack (development thread) [v0.9]

Galileo

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yes. I'm getting the lighting bug again.

In time warp, in Map View, the lights appear on any body in the vector of the light source. Distance is not counted. I got it to happen to Iota while in Iota orbit, and Eta while in Iota orbit.... Now, out of timewarp but still in Map View and still facing Eta, I get a spotlight flashing across Iota at a regular pace.

Eta in the static lighting issue. I can't catch the Iota one. I'm going to need to grab a stopwatch and pace the thing. :rolleyes:

tgWk4Rs.jpg

im not sure this pic does the bug justice. i cant really see what you are talking about :?/

That blue light on Eta is all from my ship which is around another moon but was facing it at the time. I've also just noticed the same light phenomenon happens to part of the IVA (and has happened across the span of my having the game). One of my kerbals is lit up when I warp. It might be Texture Replacer so I'm going to remove that mod to confirm it.

I'll use a game recorder to catch the flying light.

http://imgur.com/a/nlgst

I got an image sequence. Currently the last four. I'm also suspecting Kerbal Joint Reinforcement as the running light happns when Physics eases in.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That blue light on Eta is all from my ship which is around another moon but was facing it at the time. I've also just noticed the same light phenomenon happens to part of the IVA (and has happened across the span of my having the game). One of my kerbals is lit up when I warp. It might be Texture Replacer so I'm going to remove that mod to confirm it.

I'll use a game recorder to catch the flying light.

do you use an ambient light mod too? i think i know what you are talking about but i dont know what causes it. i know its mod related. i mean obviously lol

I took out Ambient Light and Texture Replacer together, then Scatterer by itself. The issue hasn't gone away. But I've pinpointed it. The two cockpit parts are doing this.

The SC-TD Multipupose cockpit from Mk2 Expansion (on the saucer). The cockpit has two light modules.

NZ3RbaH.png

And the Malemute Cab. The Malemute mod can be considered antiquated. It's version number doesn't suggest it's had an update since its major release.... Well this somehow both relieves and frustrates at the same time.

ZUHIFJL.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I took out Ambient Light and Texture Replacer together, then Scatterer by itself. The issue hasn't gone away. But I've pinpointed it. The two cockpit parts are doing this.

The SC-TD Multipupose cockpit from Mk2 Expansion (on the saucer). The cockpit has two light modules.

And the Malemute Cab. The Malemute mod can be considered antiquated. It's version number doesn't suggest it's had an update since its major release.... Well this somehow both relieves and frustrates at the same time.

yeah but at least we know now and wont have to bug hunt anymore. maybe someone can fix it?

No one's going to be flying a Malemute-based anything around so no need to poke RoverDude. As for Mk2 Expansion, SuicidalInsanity could possibly get a nudge just to be made aware of it. I might as well add that to the other bug in his mod (one of his parts has a one-way hatch).

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

No one's going to be flying a Malemute-based anything around so no need to poke RoverDude. As for Mk2 Expansion, SuicidalInsanity could possibly get a nudge just to be made aware of it. I might as well add that to the other bug in his mod (one of his parts has a one-way hatch).

yeah the mk2 expansion is pretty popular. you should probably let him know. so it happens with stock planets too?

24 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Geebus this pack's starting to look so shiny :)  It's probably been asked, but how does it react to OPM? 

Won't work with opm as far as I know.  Conflicting planet orbits prevents this and with how real these planets look,  they wouldn't look right next to stock alike textures

My lighting issue happens with the stock planets too. SVE is participating in it. Atmosphere dampens the lights but it's still very visible on vacuum worlds.

Stockalike textures... I'm checking out this link in Eddie's sig. Granted, most OPM users may not also have this installed.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Won't work with opm as far as I know.  Conflicting planet orbits prevents this and with how real these planets look,  they wouldn't look right next to stock alike textures

Hmm, really? I thought some of the OPM worlds were really quite fancy looking... but I guess you do have a lot of planets in this pack already, maybe it doesn't really need supplementing :) 

Aha, @JadeOfMaar nailed it - I have OPM-VO, so mine are pretty sweet looking :)

Edited by eddiew

17 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Hmm, really? I thought some of the OPM worlds were really quite fancy looking... but I guess you do have a lot of planets in this pack already, maybe it doesn't really need supplementing :) 

Aha, @JadeOfMaar nailed it - I have OPM-VO, so mine are pretty sweet looking :)

They are fancy and opm does look great but you can definitely tell the difference between my planets and opm. 

Fair enough :)  Just another reason for me to finish my current career and ensure I get out to all the OPM worlds before I start a new one for 1.2. By which time hopefully Kopernicus can be up to date and I can start with this pack :) 

Just now, eddiew said:

Fair enough :)  Just another reason for me to finish my current career and ensure I get out to all the OPM worlds before I start a new one for 1.2. By which time hopefully Kopernicus can be up to date and I can start with this pack :) 

Yeah that's all I'm waiting on now :)

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

Unless, @OhioBob has anymore great ideas, like the lakes above.

I'm out of ideas.  Those Niven lakes look great but the way.

4 hours ago, eddiew said:

It's probably been asked, but how does it react to OPM? 

This mod is intended to be an entirely new system that provides an alternative to stock+OPM.  If GPP and OPM were installed together, then many of the planets would practically share the same orbits.  It would be a real traffic jam, perhaps even with overlapping spheres of influence.

Edited by OhioBob

9 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I'm out of ideas.  Those Niven lakes look great but the way.

This mode is intended to be an entirely new system that provides an alternative to stock+OPM.  If GPP and OPM were installed together, then many of the planets would practically share the same orbits.  It would be a real traffic jam, perhaps even with overlapping spheres of influence.

Now if someone wanted to create outer outer planets for this that's great but I think this mod already has more bodies than stock+OPM combined and it would be overkill

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

an alternative to stock+OPM.

:0.0:

While investigating OPM-VO I thought... do any GPP worlds have rings? Will the lack of, be a big issue?

Also, would folks want the KSC volcano as its own biome? now I know where on the source map it is, I can add it to Gael's biome map.

4 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

:0.0:

While investigating OPM-VO I thought... do any GPP worlds have rings? Will the lack of, be a big issue?

Also, would folks want the KSC volcano as its own biome? now I know where on the source map it is, I can add it to Gael's biome map.

Yeah go ahead and add it but  before you do,  the only issue I have found with your biome map is,  when you zoom in you can see small rings lighter shades.  This throws off things a bit when viewing viewing biomes in map view.  For instance I landed on the same longitude of KSC,  yet it registered as ice caps :D

Edited by Galileo

I forgot about rings.  We talked about that earlier.  I think at least one of those gas giants ought to have a nice ring system.

(edit 1)  Otho has Augustus with its lakes, Gauss has the Catullus-Tarsiss system, maybe Nero needs something to spice it up?

(edit 2)  Tellumo has no moons, perhaps it could use a ring as well.

Edited by OhioBob

17 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I think Nero would be the best candidate 

I agree.  Although they look nice, there's really nothing about Nero's moons that scream out "I have to go visit there."  Adding rings will really jazz up the Nero system and make it a more inviting place to go investigate.  I also like the idea of giving Tellumo a ring.  Maybe not a big ring system, but perhaps a single ring to make up for its lack of a moon.

(edit)  Views from the surface of Tellumo with the oceans, blue sky, and a ring overhead would be something unique.  It would set it apart from Gael and be a reminder that you're someplace else.

Edited by OhioBob