[1.2] Galileo's Planet Pack (development thread) [v0.9]

Galileo

56 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Not having any luck with this latest release though :P Only Gael and Tellumo have textures. And then only Ortho, Gauss and Nero are showing up, but with no textures. It also seems no moons are present either :P 

5e566c4e534244a999c4d5a7a771981b.png

KSP.log

output_log.txt

Check to see if the texture files extensions match the cfg...  I think I know what I did ugghh 

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Check to see if the texture files extensions match the cfg...  I think I know what I did ugghh 

Yep, checking Otho alone it shows as .png when it needed to be .dds :P 

Edit:

Yup, they're all messed up :P 

Edited by Nhawks17

4 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Yep, checking Otho alone it shows as .png when it needed to be .dds :P 

Edit:

Yup, they're all messed up :P 

Yeah I used the wrong cfgs..  Fixing now

That was a test...  I was testing you guys.  You passed

14 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Is it the same download link (v0.9) from the previous page?

Let me know if you see any other texture issues. I updated from class and couldn't test. I just changed the file extensions.  I hope I didn't miss any

Oh noes. xD ...Thanks for the launchpad screenshot btw. :wink:@Galileo This one is essentially complete.

The ones for Iota and Ceti are nearly ready. They're in need of screenshots and some Math which in turn needs KER or me to learn to use MechJeb. I may rename Land/Launch dV to just Liftoff dV. There won't be any more of this until HyperEdit catches up too.

JELeVx0.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

17 hours ago, Galileo said:

hmm post a pic of your gamedata when you get the chance also post your output.log

If you are talking about not seeing clouds in the main menu that's normal. Its a kopernicus bug that doesnt effect anything in game

I just installed the latest version and I have clouds so my guess is probably just a little error in the install. 

Yeah, I know the main screen won't show clouds,  my issue is in-game. I won't have time to do anything on my computer until at least tomorrow but I'll start with a reinstall (it'll be goods to have the latest version anyway:wink:). If the issue persists I'll repost with game data and output log. Thanks. 

I've been surfing around for something fresh in terms of the planets for my new 1.2 install, and this has really caught my attention. In terms of using it in a career save...is that possible? How career ready is this in its current state? Am I right in thinking no contract packs or anything would work?

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oh noes. xD ...Thanks for the launchpad screenshot btw. :wink:@Galileo This one is essentially complete.

The ones for Iota and Ceti are nearly ready. They're in need of screenshots and some Math which in turn needs KER or me to learn to use MechJeb. I may rename Land/Launch dV to just Liftoff dV. There won't be any more of this until HyperEdit catches up too.

JELeVx0.jpg

Just to give you a heads up,  Gaels radius in 600,000 :)

1 minute ago, MrMeeb said:

I've been surfing around for something fresh in terms of the planets for my new 1.2 install, and this has really caught my attention. In terms of using it in a career save...is that possible? How career ready is this in its current state? Am I right in thinking no contract packs or anything would work?

Career works perfectly fine :) I usually play with no contracts though and science funding so I can create my own agenda. 

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Great :) what about when using it with other, 3rd party contract packs like those made using Contract Configurator? 

I havent tried any other contracts besides the stock ones. so i wouldnt know but i would assume most will work unless the contracts are bound to stock planets.

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I havent tried any other contracts besides the stock ones. so i wouldnt know but i would assume most will work unless the contracts are bound to stock planets.

Ah, yeah that's what I was thinking. Awesome! Can't wait to use this 

Possible minor issue; Extreme lag on Iota's surface after going on EVA with a kerbal. Log spams this output,

Spoiler

"

TimingFI threw during Update: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[OcclusionData].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.UpdateOcclusionSolar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.UpdateOcclusion (Boolean all) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.UpdateOcclusion (Boolean all) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.TimedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at TimingFI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

"

Full log - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4CtuMbKBheyaWs3TGNrU1l5LTQ

Restarting the game fixed the lag.

Apologies if this has nothing to do with GPP or if I've just done something stupid but since it's the only mod I've installed recently (not counting all the optional mods bundled with GPP) it's the most likely culprit. There are also nebulas over the equator and orbital lines going crazy but since those are both in the known issues I'll just enjoy the light show. :cool:

4 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

Possible minor issue; Extreme lag on Iota's surface after going on EVA with a kerbal. Log spams this output,

Hide contents

"

TimingFI threw during Update: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[OcclusionData].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.UpdateOcclusionSolar () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.UpdateOcclusion (Boolean all) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.UpdateOcclusion (Boolean all) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FlightIntegrator.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModularFI.ModularFlightIntegrator.TimedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at TimingFI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

"

Full log - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4CtuMbKBheyaWs3TGNrU1l5LTQ

Restarting the game fixed the lag.

Apologies if this has nothing to do with GPP or if I've just done something stupid but since it's the only mod I've installed recently (not counting all the optional mods bundled with GPP) it's the most likely culprit. There are also nebulas over the equator and orbital lines going crazy but since those are both in the known issues I'll just enjoy the light show. :cool:

It's a modular flight integrator bug.  There is a new version of it out I'm pretty sure though I don't know what it fixes

41 minutes ago, Wraith977 said:

There are also nebulas over the equator and orbital lines going crazy but since those are both in the known issues I'll just enjoy the light show. :cool:

Nebulas? I don't think I'm following you? 

Just discovered this pack exists today, and have been poking a bit at it... I like what I'm seeing so far, except maybe one thing, which I would like to suggest:

Could you pretty up the area around the space center a bit? It looks... well, for the lack of a better term... drab. Fairly dark, barren surroundings set against blank cliff faces and ocean. Stock KSC by comparison has more varied vistas with more appealing and varied colors. Since this is the terrain we're going to be looking at the most out of all the places in the entire system, I think it should be a little more pleasing to the eye. </personalopinion>

Also, is it normal/intended that Lili cannot be selected? It's hard to miss that it's there, but you cannot select it with the mouse, and tabbing through celestial bodies skips over it.