Anniversary ideas

The_Rocketeer

You could always send your fellow forummers some cash....:D

Or how about, as you only have a few days to organise it, a party on the Mun, with all your kerbal friends gathered around the Armstrong memorial giving thanks for inspiration.  With a big rocket sundae as the ultimate snack/firework, but to top it off you need a scoop (surface sample) of mint ice cream from Minmus.

9 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

@pandaman I'll simply say that many options have been discussed. :wink:

Cool, I hope it all goes well. How long left?

@Mods...  I know we're off topic, but we are talking about a potential new player. :cool:

Edited by pandaman

Well, not too long now then, the last few weeks are a difficult time for mums to be, I don't want to derail the thread too much, but best wishes to you both and please keep us posted.

Having a new baby is exciting, tiring, expensive, tiring, messy, tiring and worth every minute. 

Edited by pandaman

42 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

O dear, this is turning into another baby-centric conversation. Don't u guys know I come here to get away from all that?! :D But really, thanks.

Due first week of October, seems like she's inflating like a balloon atm!

Don't you realise we're now on a rescue mission?

If you don't do something really special you might not be back at all (for six months).
OK, keep calm, the baby isn't coming yet.  BREATHE!
Between contractions you have to install a planetary mod ... and make a new planet for your child.
(and then plant a flag on it).

Thanks those who contributed to this thread.

After the excitement of hearing 1.2 coming down the pipeline, I wasn't sure I could really follow it up with anything worth posting here. I did manage to squeeze an hour or so of KSP into a slightly hectic day, but unfortunately not long enough for Jeb and me to orchestrate a party (turns out most of the guys had plans or were half-way to Jool at the moment, Valentina was washing her hair... and Bill's been keeping a low profile since he left those tourists in orbit by mistake).

So just the two of us (Jeb and me) worked on another project I've had on the backburner for a while, taking a leaf out of @Azimech's book, trying to scratchbuild a stock-turboprop aircraft. And you know, I actually managed to get airborne for the very first time! Sure, it took a downhill run, and sure it crashed into the sea after a few hundred feet, but for me it was a huge success. I felt like the Wright brothers must have felt a century ago at Kitty Hawk...

So it's not a big to-do or a fanfare celebration, but just one more small personal triumph. In the end, what could be more appropriate? :)

64FBCDB0FA4F28247DDB76F821BCCDF0CEEA7379

E626C64B948CFD8D31FE9100BBC2A5087729FE1B

2 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Thanks those who contributed to this thread.

After the excitement of hearing 1.2 coming down the pipeline, I wasn't sure I could really follow it up with anything worth posting here. I did manage to squeeze an hour or so of KSP into a slightly hectic day, but unfortunately not long enough for Jeb and me to orchestrate a party (turns out most of the guys had plans or were half-way to Jool at the moment, Valentina was washing her hair... and Bill's been keeping a low profile since he left those tourists in orbit by mistake).

So just the two of us (Jeb and me) worked on another project I've had on the backburner for a while, taking a leaf out of @Azimech's book, trying to scratchbuild a stock-turboprop aircraft. And you know, I actually managed to get airborne for the very first time! Sure, it took a downhill run, and sure it crashed into the sea after a few hundred feet, but for me it was a huge success. I felt like the Wright brothers must have felt a century ago at Kitty Hawk...

So it's not a big to-do or a fanfare celebration, but just one more small personal triumph. In the end, what could be more appropriate? :)

64FBCDB0FA4F28247DDB76F821BCCDF0CEEA7379

E626C64B948CFD8D31FE9100BBC2A5087729FE1B

Congrats! And what a beautiful engine! Please post it in the big stock turboprop topic :-)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.