KSP 0.16 Released!

HarvesteR

Well it makes sense (at least to me) that IVAs and docking sort of go together. Picture it, actually building a space station, with all sorts of internal space, and then docking ships with it.

Anyway, total speculation on my part, but I think we\'ll get docking and IVAs in the next release. I can\'t imagine what other big features they need to implement, in the short term, and they\'ve already done a fair bit of work on both as I understand it. Sure, there\'s more planets, more physics, more parts, and they could probably take another crack at spaceplanes, but we\'ve got actual physical Kerbals now, and all sorts of interactions with their environments. Docking and IVAs being next makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I know of at least two people who have gone and purchased a KSP license, due to 0.16 alone.

Well it makes sense (at least to me) that IVAs and docking sort of go together. Picture it, actually building a space station, with all sorts of internal space, and then docking ships with it.

Anyway, total speculation on my part, but I think we\'ll get docking and IVAs in the next release. I can\'t imagine what other big features they need to implement, in the short term, and they\'ve already done a fair bit of work on both as I understand it. Sure, there\'s more planets, more physics, more parts, and they could probably take another crack at spaceplanes, but we\'ve got actual physical Kerbals now, and all sorts of interactions with their environments. Docking and IVAs being next makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I know of at least two people who have gone and purchased a KSP license, due to 0.16 alone.

Was I 2 or 3, xak? :P

any news on how long till a full download of 0.16 will be on the Store, i know the team is doing their best but its becoming a joke now

This kind of post is not even remotely helpful. It\'s coming.

any news on how long till a full download of 0.16 will be on the Store, i know the team is doing their best but its becoming a joke now

Every time someone asks that question we delay the release by another 15 minutes.

Not really, but seriously, it will be ready when it\'s ready. Do you want to end up downloading a broken install? Relax, go play a game you got on the Steam Summer Sale and try back later. An announcement will be posted in the Announcements forum when it\'s ready.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Yay !

Hooray!

I waited for 4 YEARS to be able to play Star Trek: Online. If you can\'t wait a few more hours for an update of an awesome game you already have, you will have LOTS of trouble in your life.

By the way, welcome to the forums.

I waited for four years for Spore to come out. I got more out of the 0.14 to 0.15 KSP update than I did out of four years of waiting for Spore, I can wait a little longer for 0.16 (which will also please me significantly.)

Guys, be patient. The folk at Squad are working their posteriors off to get an excellent game to you, posting complaints about the delay just means one more distraction from it getting done sooner.

Keep up the good work, HarV and the rest of the dev team.

Hurray for this Update! :D I managed to land myself on the moon and send Jeb out on a walk! Unfortunately, in classical KSP style, the 'landing' involved my ship tipping over at the last moment, hitting the surface, and breaking apart, leaving my little command pod to roll down a hill into a crater. But he still lives! Since then I\'ve been trying to send mission after mission to save him. Id rather leave a substitute Kerbal on the moon, then leave the all mighty Jeb there all alone! Unfortunately, I haven\'t figure out a way to swap the Kerbals out, so that Jeb can fly home, but I\'m sure I\'ll come up with something! Till then, I\'ve been sending him out on little spacewalks to explore the crater (its not very exciting. Just a big dark hole, really.) Though I did make an expedition to the crater\'s lip to take a peek out. not a whole lot to see. I look forward to an update that will give me something like a Mun rover to drive around in! Would make exploring MUCH more interesting :] Though With all this talk of EVA\'s and Mun landing starting to feel like real Mun LANDINGS, as opposed to Mun sitting-on-it-till-you-get-bored-ings. Also, I never figured out how you are supposed to extend those attached ladders. They all show up as '?' in my staging list. Do they have to be activated from outside the ship? In any case, I hope that this advancement in Kerbal Space Technology will soon lead to ways for us to leave Kerbals on the Mun/ Minmus more permanently! (some sort of base part that we could disconnect from the main ship wouldn\'t go astray, or at least a cargo-part that would let us carry things like a Mun rover or a building part without having to have it placed as a full part in the staging process) I haven\'t made a working rocket with the huge fuel tanks yet though. They seem a little unbalanced, and its a shame that they are the only thing wide enough to carry the three-man team into space. (well, that and the Space-plane one, but I haven\'t even tried using those yet. They are too hard for me to design.) But in any case, I sincerely am overjoyed with all the stuff you guys worked into this update, and I\'m excited to see what comes next! Hopefully something to expand on the stuff you can do in space/on other surfaces.

Till then, Good luck and thank you for all the hard work!

P.S. Have you guys worked out a way to create unmanned rockets yet? They would be more then welcome to lots of people, I would think. Partly for practice runs to things like the Mun and Minmus, or to do work that would basically either leave a pilot stranded or force you to make the ship even more complex then it needs to be to get the Kerbonaut back to Kerbin. Things like making 'Satellites' (even though there are no actual Kerbal-made satellites in the game yet) and transporting supplies or other interesting things like a rover or a section of moon base!

Anyway, just thought I would throw that in! Good luck! and once more, thank you for all your hard work!

Also, I never figured out how you are supposed to extend those attached ladders. They all show up as '?' in my staging list. Do they have to be activated from outside the ship?

You right click on the actual object upon your ship, not in the staging tree, it isn\'t bound to any keys; same thing you do to shut off engines individually, basically. Can be a bit hard to get spot on though, but you can also right click on it during EVA without having to get back in so that you can utilize it whether you are in or outside your ship.

I would be crying rainbows and rocket fuel IF I wasn\'t on vacation in North Carolina right now :\'(

Still, this update looks like it is a massive step in game Development, and should provide a more than adequate stepping stone for future updates.

Great work Squad! Hope there aren\'t too many bugs to fix!

You right click on the actual object upon your ship, not in the staging tree, it isn\'t bound to any keys; same thing you do to shut off engines individually, basically. Can be a bit hard to get spot on though, but you can also right click on it during EVA without having to get back in so that you can utilize it whether you are in or outside your ship.

Thank you Denied! Thats a huge help! :] now i\'ll be able to get down off the ship without needing all those ugply ladders strapped to the side, causing drag n stuff!

I hate to be pessimist, but where I am, it\'s 9:30 PM already. My father can show up and take all of my computer\'s cables of it, at any second by now! :o

No, but as the Probe told us:

'You shall wait patiently for the coming update, because the mighty squad of gods is working hard, with love, to perfect the world you love so much'.

HAIL PROBE!

EDIT: The kid says the true! But the file is so small... The old one was around 500MB... This one is only 406...

EDIT: The kid says the true! But the file is so small... The old one was around 500MB... This one is only 406...

We\'ve removed the old, bulky patcher from the releases now, since we\'re replacing it for the new one soonâ„¢.

The Mac build is also larger because we\'re including the Mono Framework Runtime installer, which the new patcher needs (Unity only intalls version 2.0 of it, and we need at least version 2.8 ), so it\'s a bit larger, but hopefully in a convenient way. :)

Cheers

too sad... All my previous rockets can\'t be use anymore. And I\'m not a big fan of those giantic fuel tank...

My main point is that I\'ve lost all my current missions, and more important, all my spaceships.. That\'s a bit hard

(Probably) good news everyone... I just compared the .craft files in 0.15.2 to 0.16.0, and I could only detect one difference. Near the first line is a version number. Change this to 0.16.0, and the vehicle should work.

Remember, the mk 1 pod only holds one crew now. So if you want your manned missions to appear, you would also have to edit persisent.sfs so that those vessels have the correct crew.

It\'s possible there are changes to the parts properties, and that sort of thing. So let\'s not expect every little thing to work the in exactly the same way. But at least our favorite vessels don\'t need to be recreated.

Man, this update is AWESOME! Just landed a second rocket on the Mun, jetpacked Jeb from his wreck to the new rocket, and Am about to see if I can successfully fly it back to Kerbin! I couldn\'t imagine doing this before, its just too cool! :D I can\'t wait until I get him home, then set course for Minmus! I love you guys! And I can\'t wait to see what the next update has in store! I\'m just itching for a sneak peek at it!

Thank you so much for making the full download available on the store. Finally was able to get this tonight, and launched my first mission. This is the most incredible update yet. Already this game feels so much more... human.

Greetings from the Mun!

EVA1_sunrise.jpg

(Click for a full sized PNG)

From left to right, that\'s Bill, Jeb, and Bob, watching the sunrise. They\'ll watch quite a few, seeing as how I ran out of fuel on my poorly designed rocket, and it may be some time before I can rescue them.

Thanks again!