Post Your Mun EVA Pictures and Videos

xPDxTV

These pictures are from a Kerpollo mission whose goal was to land the first Kerbal on the Mun, and this honor was given to Bill Kerman: One of the KSC\'s finest and most experienced astronauts. However, I suck at building rockets, so the mission had to be aborted. He was not happy.

Not a Mun EVA, but here you can see Bill taking a last look at Kerbin as he leaves for the Mun.

kerbineva.png

Bill with the still distant Mun in the background. He is happily unaware of the impending, humiliating failure.

towardsmun.png

Bill performing the first munar space walk.

muneva.png

Bill looking down at the Mun minutes before being reached by the news that he hasn\'t got enough fuel to land and live.

lookingdownonmun.png

Could anyone who feels like it post or PM me some VAB screenshots of their rocket designs? I just realized that I\'ve never successfully landed on the Mun with stock parts, so I feel a bit lost here.

Could anyone who feels like it post or PM me some VAB screenshots of their rocket designs? I just realized that I\'ve never successfully landed on the Mun with stock parts, so I feel a bit lost here.

For a 1 man journey my MLV-3 FL Ascent (Munar Launch Vehicle-3 Fuel Lines) is fantastic. It has enough fuel in fact it\'s over fueled. I\'ve used this design for since 0.14 at least and it delivered my first Kerbals to the Mun! I can\'t take claim to inventing it since I\'ve seen many similar rockets but still tried and tested design that works for one man crews. Though landing a bit trickier since the 1 m lander engine is now 20 thrust instead of 50.

The Craft

PI0Ow.png

On the Moon

JBYe1.png

Of course there many other designs out there but it works. I still haven\'t perfected 3 man crews yet I have landed one but It barely made it back and it requires a decent amount of efficiency.

Well, I did this very shortly after getting the update, but the forums went all stupid for me until just now.

Got it working after a few structural problems being sorted out, and my first Mun landing ever, not just for this update. :D And I am so happy it worked out like it did after I crashed so badly.

(The goal was not to return, just to get a rover up there.)

You\'re all so jealous.

Jealous of what? 9 kerbals on the Mun? If you think so, take a look at my earlier post:

NpSEM.jpg

Though i don\'t know where one of them has dissapeared, I don\'t recall losing one..

Well, I did this very shortly after getting the update, but the forums went all stupid for me until just now.

Got it working after a few structural problems being sorted out, and my first Mun landing ever, not just for this update. :D And I am so happy it worked out like it did after I crashed so badly.

(The goal was not to return, just to get a rover up there.)

I lolled loads at the break dancing at 29m. Andorf Kerman: the break dancer.

Did somebody say Mun?!

Here\'s my first successful Munshot rocket in .16, the Arctis 3. Following a mishap in which Jeb\'s prototype Arctis 3 exploded into thousands of pieces, Bill was chosen to be the first Kerbonaut on the Mun. Here\'s a shot of a prototype on the pad.

nHjXX.png

Following a textbook flight, Bill successfully pulled off a dark-side landing, no small feat for a single pilot. Here\'s Bill at the foot of his lander, and a shot taken from an external camera as he returned to his capsule after a 20-minute EVA.

Cg5PG.png

vfYlr.png

After a whirlwind development cycle, a follow-up to the Arctis 3 was devised, the aptly named Arctis 4. A fundamentally sound design allowed the lander to be quickly put into Kerbin orbit for a test flight, shown here with the intrepid Bill at it again.

Bvq3A.png

As it turned out, the test rocket designed to put the Arctis 4 into suborbit was capable enough that the Arctis 4 lander system could attempt a landing. ((Yes, all of my landers take me from low suborbit to the Mun and back... I don\'t see a problem. :I)) Shortly after touching down on the rim of a crater, the crew took this historic photograph, the first depicting more than one Kerbonaut on the munar surface.

9c8S9.png

While Jeb inspected the Arctis\' engine systems, Bill flew to the very lip of the crater and took this rather scenic photograph.

gnxae.png

Following some more scientific experiments, the crew of Arctis 4-M1 will return home within a week.

Jealous of what? 9 kerbals on the Mun? If you think so, take a look at my earlier post:

Though i don\'t know where one of them has dissapeared, I don\'t recall losing one..

I see your 12 Kerbals and raise by 6.

AnBOV.png

I lolled loads at the break dancing at 29m. Andorf Kerman: the break dancer.

xD Thanks! And now I have something interesting to put in my signature. xD

411400_10151046501453830_683694257_o.jpg

Minmus Base Alpha 'Lander City' as seen from above. About 16 Kerbals currently at the facility.

Hah! I still beat you by two! xD

First attempt.. not so good, tipped over, did some moonwalking after I rolled the thing over on its side.

Rww4X.jpg

But then the second attempt, awww yeeh. 8)

FqFPc.jpg

Ladders chain together surprisingly well.

My first off kerbin eva went better than I thought. Still need to bring Reyald home. Simple trip to the moon

For the most part, nothing too much of interest.

The images...

screenshot182.png

screenshot183.png

screenshot185.png

Beware, this spoiler actually is a spoiler!!!

Found this in the crater while walking around, relocated the lander!!! Awesome find for a first EVA

screenshot189.png

I did have a practice EVA before I left the planet, and well...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.