[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

36 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

and check this and i'll get a screenshot of this wheres your stuff? paradise or sanctuary?

I was more of a "ranger" i never had any chests, everything was in inventory.  What i needed i mined for and crafted and whatnot, no extra anything.  I had a lot of arrows because i was far away from anything, and the torches were for mining.  Hoping this all makes sense now!

- Andy

27 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Uh... Why does it keep giving me the server connection timed out error? I don't think that's supposed to happen... Weird...

cause I asked mk to close the server temporarily while this uploads so theres no corruption 

18 minutes ago, SparkyFox said:

cause I asked mk to close the server temporarily while this uploads so theres no corruption 

Oh yeah...

I just spent 45 minutes trying and failing to build a 3x5 door. I'm going to have to do a lot of work if I want to use two of these this as an airlock door... 

4 hours ago, SparkyFox said:

****SERVER ANNOUNCEMNT UPDATE****

I may have fixed the problem and MAY have all our stuff back, I'll keep you posted

there is no changes to the server yet, I'm working on singleplayer

cool! What did you do to fix it? But I need about a stack and half of nether quartz plus 6-7 stacks of black glass and I should be fine!  Oh wait, I saw that picture wrong. I don't need anything now

Edited by Dfthu
saw a picture wrong

2 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

cool! What did you do to fix it? But I need about a stack and half of nether quartz plus 6-7 stacks of black glass and I should be fine!

Wow your tower looks amazing! I haven't seen it in half a week! 

4 hours ago, SparkyFox said:

qjUi9GQ.png

YES! I can see my 72x72 marked out area! I CAN SEE THE CORNER OF ONE OF MY CHESTS! YAY!!! The station looks so small now... What happened to some of those villager houses? They look like they caught on fi- oh right... The other day a creeper exploded and blew up part of the blacksmith and spilled the lava. I guess I should have worried about that... 

55 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

cool! What did you do to fix it? But I need about a stack and half of nether quartz plus 6-7 stacks of black glass and I should be fine!

basically when the server was swapped, Linux did something and the server merged both saves together somehow and corrupted  the level.dat, but I managed to rerun the server and use the commads to pull it back from the corruption if that makes any sense

Right now we have to wait until the corrupted save has been deleted from the server and this one replacing it, which is when MK is up and ready to do so. As for when, I can imagine that by the evening the server's going to be up and running again. Check back around 18:00 UTC, good chance the server's up by then.

I see my enclosed rail line!  Whew!  That was a LOT of work.

Just a quick ponder.... the scenic line to the "east desert".... it will only be single track? 

Also... yes, i plan on building the line going straight east, may as well finish what i started.  It isn't too crazy past where the current construction zone ends, mostly grasslands/plains & some water (which should be super interesting!)

- Andy

8 minutes ago, Kepler68 said:

Thank you @MK3424 for trying to fix the lag and give us a server in the first place and thanks @SparkyFox for helping to fix the broken save issue :D 

handyman of the apocalypse at your service :)

(please tell me you get that reference)

Edited by SparkyFox

5 hours ago, Mjp1050 said:

Yay! My castle seems intact, although someone dug a tunnel beneath it....

@SparkyFox, @MK3424, is there a time set for when we can safely rejoin the server? I haven't yet checked to see if my inventory is intact.

Um... i need to say something about that "castle".  It's really awesome that you seemingly have brought the "walled city" concept to our humble shared gaming experience here.  That said, the walls being where they are constitute a very large and pain-in-the-butt obstacle for players traversing the area adjacent to the skelly pit attempting to get back to the station or from there up toward the street grid.  If you want, i can help you build a similar and equally awesome city wall style structure on the flat area down to the left in that image near the water.  This could open an opportunity for a harbor, if you care to have such!  I can also build you an elevated rail line link that connects to the enclosed rail line bridge above that area.  What say you?

- Andy

45 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

Um... i need to say something about that "castle".  It's really awesome that you seemingly have brought the "walled city" concept to our humble shared gaming experience here.  That said, the walls being where they are constitute a very large and pain-in-the-butt obstacle for players traversing the area adjacent to the skelly pit attempting to get back to the station or from there up toward the street grid.  If you want, i can help you build a similar and equally awesome city wall style structure on the flat area down to the left in that image near the water.  This could open an opportunity for a harbor, if you care to have such!  I can also build you an elevated rail line link that connects to the enclosed rail line bridge above that area.  What say you?

- Andy

Im sure the castle is fine.(i think)  Dont you need an ocean for a harbor? 

Hows things with the server? 

Edited by SparkyFox

I'm just passing by to say thanks to you both for fixing and maintaining the server. Now we can continue doing awesome stuff!

Regarding awesome stuff: if anyone wants to, I can build a slime launcher/elevator in your tower as long as you provide the materials. I've got a concept for a super-fast elevator that I want to try out.

38 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

I'm just passing by to say thanks to you both for fixing and maintaining the server. Now we can continue doing awesome stuff!

Regarding awesome stuff: if anyone wants to, I can build a slime launcher/elevator in your tower as long as you provide the materials. I've got a concept for a super-fast elevator that I want to try out.

Is the server back up already? Wow, that was fast

Youre welcome, glad to help

I should be granted a medal or something, i fixed the spawn and created the spawn 2.0 and I've uncorrupted the world and brought back all that was lost :D can I have a holiday named after me  or a statue of me XD

Edited by SparkyFox

1 hour ago, SparkyFox said:

Im sure the castle is fine.(i think)  Dont you need an ocean for a harbor? 

Hows things with the server? 

It blocks off an entire hill in the middle of everything.  How it is plotted also means you can get trapped by skellies and witches very easily, an only option to escape is falling a long way.

There is another hill down near the site i proposed which could be flattened out to provide that "mott and bailey" effect.  Also, river ports are extremely common in the real world.  The nearest big city to me, philadelphia, is a perfect example.  Might be cool to have some boating traffic......

- Andy

2 minutes ago, transitbiker said:

It blocks off an entire hill in the middle of everything.  How it is plotted also means you can get trapped by skellies and witches very easily, an only option to escape is falling a long way.

There is another hill down near the site i proposed which could be flattened out to provide that "mott and bailey" effect.  Also, river ports are extremely common in the real world.  The nearest big city to me, philadelphia, is a perfect example.  Might be cool to have some boating traffic......

- Andy

Is the server even on?

3 minutes ago, MK3424 said:

The server status image doesn't know the difference between offline and the server sleeping... 

status.png

Ohhh fancy, if only it knew hahaha 

I didnt think the server would of been back up this fast already, but i hope all goes well

Edited by SparkyFox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.