[Whitelisted] [Modded] Forum Minecraft Group

ZooNamedGames

12 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Depends where you build it. I've just finished marking out my huge area for building my base. Also it depends if you're ok with having three 128 block tall towers really close to it. A lot of people have started building in paradise but they haven't been super clear on marking it, so make sure you don't build on someone else's property. I suggest marking it out, then waiting and asking everyone before you build it.

I'm ready to start! Trampolines are fun! 

Ok! I'll tell you when I scouted the slime area so we can dig it out and build it together. About the Inn, I'll mark the area. I don't think it'll be too large, it will be kinda like the dancing pony in Bree.

Edited by ZentroCatson

Guys i think that Windows is the cause of all the lag...

I'm gonna see if i'm gonna be able to put Linux on a usb drive, to enable to boot linux from it so that i have a seperate linux install on the usb just for the server.

But that's gonna be for later.. 

That's mostly because Windows is running so many programs that are useless for server applications.

(I should have looked for an actual server but i digress)

7 hours ago, max_creative said:

Also you should use levers instead of redstone torches on the minecart lines to save resources. Levers don't need any redstone to craft them so it's better. Plus if you need to fix something you can easily just turn that part of the track off.

I do not do anything with redstone.  I largely hunt for ore and ensure structures are not prone to failure such as a leak in a tunnel (would mess up the track and wash out the torches too).  I happened upon a moderate quantity of the redstone ore in the main mine at sanctuary and even more in a cave by paradise station (lit up with torches on some stones).  That cave has also yielded gold, diamond, and lapus lazuli (and of course coal).

- Andy

6 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

Ok! I'll tell you when I scouted the slime area so we can dig it out and build it together. About the Inn, I'll mark the area. I don't think it'll be too large, it will be kinda like the dancing pony in Bree.

Sure. Around 6:00 PM west coast time is when I'm usually on the server. 

2 hours ago, MK3424 said:

Guys i think that Windows is the cause of all the lag...

I'm gonna see if i'm gonna be able to put Linux on a usb drive, to enable to boot linux from it so that i have a seperate linux install on the usb just for the server.

But that's gonna be for later.. 

That's mostly because Windows is running so many programs that are useless for server applications.

Don't worry! I'm sure it's not that bad! I don't get bad lag at all! 

2 hours ago, transitbiker said:

I do not do anything with redstone.  I largely hunt for ore and ensure structures are not prone to failure such as a leak in a tunnel (would mess up the track and wash out the torches too).  I happened upon a moderate quantity of the redstone ore in the main mine at sanctuary and even more in a cave by paradise station (lit up with torches on some stones).  That cave has also yielded gold, diamond, and lapus lazuli (and of course coal).

I do everything with redstone. Is there anything you want me to make for you? 

1 hour ago, transitbiker said:

I am in the eastern desert HUZZAH.  it's going to be the longest rail line in the history of anything.  I am isolated on a safe pile of sand at 2299 763.

SANDSANDSAND

SANDSANDSAND

SANDSANDSAND 

7 hours ago, max_creative said:

Villager #4: Oh no! Villager #762 and Villager #294 were killed! 

Zombie 1: No! 

Villager #4: Yes! 

Villager #9: Yes! 

Zombie 2: I stubbed my toe! 

Zombie 1: Yeah! We're suing! 

Villager #4: Awwwwwwww... You made me sad... 

Villager #64: Hey! Where's my wood? 

Ah, I remember ElementAnimation.

That's what your referencing, right? Testificate News?

18 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Ah, I remember ElementAnimation.

That's what your referencing, right? Testificate News?

Sorta. Villager news and this animation. But yes it an ElementAnimation reference. I need to add "build a note block song for the villager news intro" to my list of things to do... It was... Um... Villager #19, #20, and #21. I think I should make a cactus farm too... Cactus String Sand! Cactus String Sand! Cactus String Sand! 

28 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Sorta. Villager news and this animation. But yes it an ElementAnimation reference. I need to add "build a note block song for the villager news intro" to my list of things to do... It was... Um... Villager #19, #20, and #21. I think I should make a cactus farm too... Cactus String Sand! Cactus String Sand! Cactus String Sand! 

Ah, OK. haven't watched any of their recent stuff.

2 hours ago, max_creative said:

You mean north america west coast? If so, I have a problem of about 16 hours. So when its 6pm for you, its 2am for me :(

@transitbiker glad you finished that damned tunnel! Now I won't have to search for pickaxes anymore.

Regarding the tunnel, is there any way of making an automated tunneling machine in vanilla?

Edited by ZentroCatson

21 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

You mean north america west coast? If so, I have a problem of about 16 hours. So when its 6pm for you, its 2am for me :(

Yes. :(

21 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

Regarding the tunnel, is there any way of making an automated tunneling machine in vanilla?

Yes. Ish. Depends how complicated you want to make it. 

You will probably get more ore from mining than this machine will ever get for you. Building this in survival is a HORRIBLE idea.

5 hours ago, max_creative said:

Don't worry! I'm sure it's not that bad! I don't get bad lag at all! 

I do everything with redstone. Is there anything you want me to make for you? 

SANDSANDSAND

SANDSANDSAND

SANDSANDSAND 

A -really- long lasting diamond pickaxe for tunneling is i all i really could use right now, plus lots of any type of stone block.  ^-^

- Andy

Wait, what's the cords of the desert the train line is going to? There's a close desert at 1300,1300.

Also TNT makes 3x3 holes in stone only if you dig two blocks in and place it.

Edited by Dfthu

1 hour ago, Dfthu said:

Wait, what's the cords of the desert the train line is going to? There's a close desert at 1300,1300.

Also TNT makes 3x3 holes in stone only if you dig two blocks in and place it.

If you don't care about resources getting destroyed and you just want to dig a hole really fast I suggest controlled TNT mining. It's really fast,

*intro music*

Villager #357: Welcome to Villager News! I'm Villager #357 with today's news! 

*news jingle*

Villager #357: A new rail line is being constructed from Paradise to the desert! We asked some server citizens for their opinions:

Villager #552: How do you feel about the new desert rail line?

@max_creative: Hey I'm on TV! Hi, TV people! Hi, mom! Hi, world! Hi-

*cut*

Villager #552: How do you feel about the new desert rail line?

@Galacticvoyager: I don't care if it doesn't affect my empire.

*cut*

Villager #357: Citizens like the new rail line!

*news jingle*

Villager #357: That's all for today! Goodbye!

*news jingle*

*outro music*

*cut*

Hrmm. Hrr. Hmm. Huh. Would you like to trade? Hrmm. 

KAL do you want to trade? I really need redstone and iron. I'll trade stuff right after I build a few a lot of quick huge farms... This might will take a while... Sugarcane Pillar Sugarcane Brick wall!

Edited by max_creative
Da da Da da da da da da da Da da da da da da da da da da da Da da Villager News!

18 minutes ago, max_creative said:

KAL do you want to trade? I really need redstone and iron. I'll trade stuff right after I build a few a lot of quick huge farms... This might will take a while... Sugarcane Pillar Sugarcane Brick wall!

I have a stack of redstone I could trade. Say, one diamond?

52 minutes ago, max_creative said:

I have been getting waaaay too much iron, a diamond a stack and I have 3-4 right now with more coming

Edited by Kepler68

2 hours ago, ZentroCatson said:

I have a stack of redstone I could trade. Say, one diamond?

Erm... There's a problem...

2 hours ago, Kepler68 said:

I have been getting waaaay too much iron, a diamond a stack and I have 3-4 right now with more coming

Uh... I only have 2 diamonds. I have lots and lots of dirt, wood and cobblestone and barely anything valuable. So I don't have much to pay you with... 

6 minutes ago, max_creative said:

Erm... There's a problem...

Uh... I only have 2 diamonds. I have lots and lots of dirt, wood and cobblestone and barely anything valuable. So I don't have much to pay you with... 

No problem, I can contribute some iron I was just hoping I could make all the cave trips worth it

2 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

How much iron are you willing to sell? I need a lot of iron.

I have like 4 stacks ATM, I was going to give @max_creative a stack for the farm but I'm willing to sell the other 3 stacks plus more on the way :)

3 minutes ago, Kepler68 said:

No problem, I can contribute some iron I was just hoping I could make all the cave trips worth it

I have like 4 stacks ATM, I was going to give @max_creative a stack for the farm but I'm willing to sell the other 3 stacks plus more on the way :)

ill buy 3 stacks now and 2 more later when you get some more, ok?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.