Satellite in a specific orbit confusion

Okay, maybe I'm just missing something really obvious, but.

I got a couple contracts to put a satellite in specific orbits around the Mun. Since I wanted to set up a RemoteTech network there anyway, I decided to overbuild my network carrier and use that to fulfill them both. First one went without a hitch, but the second one is causing me issues.

48933decf2.png

According to the contract, I've hit the specified orbit, but it's not acknowledging it. I've fast-forwarded time by a few days, swapped out of the ship and back into it, nothing.

9a3fe0c1f8.jpg

Here's the full map view - the orbits are matched so closely I literally can't see a difference between them, and I'm 99.999% sure it's going the right way - I mean if it wasn't, it wouldn't say I've reached the specified orbit, right?

Is this just a weird bug or am I doing something wrong?

Were there any requirements on what equipment has to be on the satellite?  Looks like no on the little contract window.  But sometimes I've had contracts fail because I forgot some stupid piece of equipment they wanted, like the seismic accelerometer.

If you're sure you've accomplished it, you can always use the console menu to complete the contract.  

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

I know you said you're pretty sure, but is the circling animation of the target orbit going the same direction as your ship? Matching the orbit but going the wrong way is almost always the cause of this. 

I wondered about that, but unless OP has changed settings to reverse the fade, it looks to be the right way (15° inclination, not 165° or 195°). I suspect @5thHorseman has the right answer...

Judging by the time-to-Ap and time-to-Pe info, if the "probe" icon is the ship, OP's going the right way. If the "ship" icon is the ship (but it looks wrong, not properly aligned to be that, to me), it's going the wrong way.

Edited by Plusck

And "Reach the orbit" is ticked anyway, so that's fine.

I've seen multiple times before (around 1.0x era) where I use old mods against new KSP and contract system behaves strangely just like this. It could be well caused by some seemingly unrelated mods (one case I remember is I used unupdated StationScience which caused part testing contract to behave strangely/not ticking what is supposed to - you get the idea). So I agree the first suspect now is some incompatible mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.