Parts list flicker/editor HUD elements disappearing

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

well, tbh, now i can close my eyes on that small little bad boy flickering in the parts list and start playing the game, but something has changed in 1.2.1 that could break kopernicus?

edit : by the way, why showing the scroll at all? can't we just use transparent textures for it or remove the graphics of it some how? after all, doesn't the scroll wheel on the mouse work?

not sure about the Kopernicus question there, yes Scrollwheel works as well, but will get it all nailed up

15 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

not sure about the Kopernicus question there, yes Scrollwheel works as well, but will get it all nailed up

talked in kopernicus forum, apparently, they hard locked themselves to each ksp version :/

K, found the issue with the scrollbar, and @JPL has been kind enough to test my fix cause I cant repro.

@steve_v: Heres a plugin version of the fix that will fix the scrollbar for now: https://github.com/TriggerAu/KSPBugFixes/releases/tag/v1.2.1a just drop that dll in gamedata

I'll probably turn that into a proper forum thread later, but see how you go .

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

talked in kopernicus forum, apparently, they hard locked themselves to each ksp version :/

Oh yeah, my mods I usually set a minimum - if people wanna try it in later versions then they can, but that is just me and not all mods have the same behaviour, etc - it does make sense to require certain versions at times

6 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

K, found the issue with the scrollbar, and @JPL has been kind enough to test my fix cause I cant repro.

@steve_v: Heres a plugin version of the fix that will fix the scrollbar for now: https://github.com/TriggerAu/KSPBugFixes/releases/tag/v1.2.1a just drop that dll in gamedata

I'll probably turn that into a proper forum thread later, but see how you go .

Oh yeah, my mods I usually set a minimum - if people wanna try it in later versions then they can, but that is just me and not all mods have the same behaviour, etc - it does make sense to require certain versions at times

Wow, great response time on this @TriggerAu You have no idea how much these little graphical things effect me. I know many don't see them as anything more than minor irritations but I don't think I'm alone in the flickering potentially causing migraines or other issues. I just want to thank you for acting so quickly on this one and personally say that even if it doesn't actually cause pain to others I know that at least my viewers on twitch appreciate it too! Thank you!

23 hours ago, TheReadPanda said:

Wow, great response time on this @TriggerAu You have no idea how much these little graphical things effect me. I know many don't see them as anything more than minor irritations but I don't think I'm alone in the flickering potentially causing migraines or other issues. I just want to thank you for acting so quickly on this one and personally say that even if it doesn't actually cause pain to others I know that at least my viewers on twitch appreciate it too! Thank you!

Yes, i agree with TheReadPanda. Thanks for the quick respones @TriggerAu. Now i don't have to worry about those pesky migraines either.

I, too, had this problem.
Seeing this and other discussions, and having nothing of substance to add, I refrained from commenting.
However, I wish to express my great gratitude and thanks to the magnificent TriggerAu and his grand effort in this most clean and, for me, trouble-free bug-fix.
I failed to express this sooner as the fix is, in fact, such a delight, I was too busy playing without clumps of hair and lumps of bloody scalp torn from my own head obstructing my keyboard.
Thanks, man!!

• 2 months later...

Just to add my experience, I don't get the flickering normally, even though I have a bunch of mods installed.

However, I get the flickering constantly while using steam in-home streaming (non-steam version of game).

Between that and the massive memory leak with the streaming, the game is unplayable.

Launch options are -popupwindow and -force-d3d11

Edited by Phoenix84

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.