worst planet

Archibald1936

The place I hate the most is Gilly.  It takes FOREVER to do anything there because ships move so slowly and you can't warp enough to speed things up appreciably.  The only real recourse is to thrust towards the ground during descent.  Then your ship tends to wander around when on the ground and Kerbals can't hardly walk there without kicking themselves into orbit.  And on top of this, it's so small and bland that there's nothing really to do or see there anyway.  At least with Moho, Eeloo, and Dres, you can have fun with a rover, even if their terrains are a bit on the boring side.  But not Gilly.

On 8.11.2016 at 5:31 AM, max_creative said:

Or maybe it's Duna. Because you know that you should be able to land on it but you always seem to fail...

you just won!

EVERY TIME! i should be able with >700h ksp and i did it a lot. but i failed every time in 1.2! :D

F9 is glowing :D

Edited by KingPhantom

9 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

@SmashingKirby148 How's that Eve deletion going?

Well, I was a bit confused because the line of code wasn't doing anything, weirdly enough. SO instead I just decided to modify Eve to be slightly smaller than Kerbin and have less gravity, so it's more like Venus. It's up in the Add-on releases as SKE - EveRevamp + JoolSystemTweaks. :)

On 11/7/2016 at 0:52 AM, Alshain said:

Florida

As I live in Florida, I can confirm this.

95 degrees every day in summer

maybe like a low of 60 degrees in winter

As for KSP planets...

Dres. Yeah it has no point and there's no reason to land on it, because it's basically the Mun in interplanetary orbit

Edited by memes in space

6 hours ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Well, I was a bit confused because the line of code wasn't doing anything, weirdly enough. SO instead I just decided to modify Eve to be slightly smaller than Kerbin and have less gravity, so it's more like Venus. It's up in the Add-on releases as SKE - EveRevamp + JoolSystemTweaks. :)

Well.... It isn't gone, but at least it works.

On 11/9/2016 at 1:30 PM, Alpha 360 said:

Eve because it burns up everything that goes in it, you can't escape it, and is purple of all things.

But... but I like purple. :(

But yeah it's too purple. @SmashingKirby148 It's hard to distinguish land from water lolwhateveritis/ explodium/ liquid karbonite? at times in map view.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Silly me, saying Eve has water

Just now, Firemetal said:

Going to have to say Eve. It has a very annoying atmosphere soup. I have landed on it before but never returned. Now with telemetry, it will be even harder! But I will conquer it!

Fire

I think the best thing to do would be some sort of SSTO/Rocket design so it can glide down and (Somehow) Takeoff like a rocket. Kinda like EnterElysium's idea for a Plane that detaches it's wings mid-flight.

19 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

But... but I like purple. :(

But yeah it's too purple. @SmashingKirby148 It's hard to distinguish land from water lolwhateveritis/ explodium/ liquid karbonite? at times in map view.

What is it that makes it purple anyways? Some sort of chemical? A gas in the atmosphere? The Kraken? Who knows

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

I think the best thing to do would be some sort of SSTO/Rocket design so it can glide down and (Somehow) Takeoff like a rocket. Kinda like EnterElysium's idea for a Plane that detaches it's wings mid-flight.

No way will it be an SSTO. Maybe a rocket plane.

Fire

3 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

No way will it be an SSTO. Maybe a rocket plane.

Fire

Well..... Yeah I guess you're right.

12 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Here's the link to the video.

Just now, eloquentJane said:

@Firemetal They may be annoying, but they are interesting. That being said, in order to get a reusable Eve system that actually looks good, I am having to resort to using KR&D to upgrade some things.

Agreed and Eve is beautiful. But don't let that beauty fool you! Eve is a BEAST.............. Take off with caution. :P

Fire

3 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Agreed and Eve is beautiful. But don't let that beauty fool you! Eve is a BEAST.............. Take off with caution. :P

Fire

I'm considering using that scaled-down version of Eve in my new playthrough actually, just because it's more like Venus and will allow me to make some exploration vehicles that actually look good. At the same time though, that does feel kind of cheaty.

1 hour ago, eloquentJane said:

Worst planet? No. There is no worst planet. The planets are all great.

Why have you forsaken me. D:

6 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I'm considering using that scaled-down version of Eve in my new playthrough actually, just because it's more like Venus and will allow me to make some exploration vehicles that actually look good. At the same time though, that does feel kind of cheaty.

My reaction: "Oh wait, is that mine!? :D " "Oh my god it's actually mine! :D " and then " :C "

Just now, eloquentJane said:

@SmashingKirby148 I just had another look at it, and I think I would use it if Eve was the only thing it changed. Is there a config option to allow this? Also, I have another mod that affects the Eve system (Xen's Planet Collection); will its changes still work with Eve being renamed?

There isn't, but I could write one for you. As for Xen's collection, I don't know if it works... Eve's named is changed by the mod, but might still go as Eve in the code. Not sure though, I'll get testing soon, after I finish my Laythe base. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.